• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
It took the MCU years to go through with actually retconning 1 major fan complain (The Mandarin Twist with the upcoming Shang-Chi) with all the planning they do to make sure everything is cohesive. And even then the retcon itself likely involves a clever usage of a character involved in the twist, a character the critics hated.

What retcon are you talking bout?

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
I think Star Wars is actually in a great place right now everywhere outside of the films, and the films are still going to make money. The Mandolorian really is scratching the space western side of the series I really enjoy, and say what you will about the Prequels, the Clone Wars series does the actual Star Warring superbly and I'm extremely hyped for the new season. Heck, bugginess aside, the Fallen Order game still looks like a good time and I want to play it at some point.

Oh I agree. But the films are the crown jewel. To see none of them hit as well as they should have will have Disney top brass readying the executioner's axe.

They don't want this negativity to spread to the parts that are working.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That guy's take was spicy and all, but the EU largely sucked.

EDIT: and the parts that were good, like Thrawn, are making their way back into canon.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TLJ fans can shit on the Prequels as much as they want but at least the Prequels attempted to expand the Star Wars Universe. Episode 7 and 8 take place across like 1 fucking week. I mean really? and in that 1 week the universe is expanded just about fuck all. Maybe if the Trilogy had actually attempted to take place across a span of time there could have been unique developments etc. In the end you get the End of the Republic 2.0 , Rise of the Empire 2.0 and fall of the Empire 2.0 all in a 1 year period.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There is a gulf of difference between saying this in regards to defending plot points for two years being retconned by JJ, and with regards to losing it over a disagreement about whether this movie might possibly not be reviewed as well as another one. Don't be disingenuous.
You can call it whatever you want. It doesn't make what I said wrong.

There is a gulf of difference between saying this in regards to defending plot points for two years being retconned by JJ, and with regards to losing it over a disagreement about whether this movie might possibly not be reviewed as well as another one. Don't be disingenuous.
I don't care if you like the movie or not. That has nothing to do with what I posted.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
TLJ fans can shit on the Prequels as much as they want but at least the Prequels attempted to expand the Star Wars Universe. Episode 7 and 8 take place across like 1 fucking week. I mean really? and in that 1 week the universe is expanded just about fuck all

This is probably my largest criticism of the ST. There's a new empire stand in, a new repulbic stand in, and none of it matters. The Mandalorian, as schlocky as it can be, is doing serious work in this regard. Things would be way worse without the show going right now.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
What if JJ made a movie so bad SW fans will he begging for Ruin Johnson's return

nooRZru.gif

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This timeline is fucked.

Only the Knights of Old Republic timeline can save us now.

That or Baby Yoda.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You can call it whatever you want. It doesn't make what I said wrong.

I don't care if you like the movie or not. That has nothing to do with what I posted.
Tough to tell since you decided to not quote the posts you thought were indicative of this on the previous few pages. I figured I'd clarify for you if it was in regards to me, because what I said in the spoiler thread has nothing to do with a disagreement about whether this will get an 87. If you werent referring to me then nvm. Bu next time it might help to quote posts youre referring to in here to avoid the mix up.