• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, Ehrlich was never going to like this, especially if ignoring The Last Jedi is a big thing in it.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of these more mixed to negative impressions remind me of critic reactions to Infinity War (a movie that reviewed in the 70s for RT iirc), with complaints about being overly loud, nonstop action, too loud, etc. Ehrlich I believe called it "anti-cinema" lol.

Yeah, Ehrlich was never going to like this, especially if ignoring The Last Jedi is a big thing in it.
I was genuinely shocked he enjoyed Endgame as much as he did

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Never? Pretty sure Star Wars is an established part of pop culture regardless of what Disney does going froward. There's a reason the series is referenced and parodied even after all this time.

Besides the spin offs seem to be doing alright.

Well, so was Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, Superman, and in our lifetime, The Matrix, which had a bigger splash than TPM on release, and possibly LOTR based on the reception to the Hobbit films. Everything dies, it's eventual. It'll happen to Marvel as well.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
So if I'm understanding correctly, past screening was full of instagramers and twitter personalities and this one was for the actual critics?

Because wow, it's night and day

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
I'm a massive MCU fan, I love Endgame, but literally what. That's exactly what Endgame was.
It was indeed but the MCU spent 10 years of competently made films to set up that fanservice. This however has seems to have had one fanservice filled film with mystery boxes so you don't question whats happening too much, one thematically challenging film and then seemingly all the fanservice.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
So are there any impressions from people who were not fans of the first two films in the new trilogy but ended up liking the final installment (due to writing, characterization, etc.)? Because that's where I'm at.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
So if I'm understanding correctly, past screening was full of instagramers and twitter personalities and this one was for the actual critics?

It's hard to tell who is who with the equally pandering grasps at attention. It's great!!! Vs. Have you people heard of a little show... Game of thrones??

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
[/QUOTE]

Man, this recent critics screening did not go well:

giphy.gif

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019

Ehrlich seems to think it was boring.

Being exciting doesn't make something not boring. My entire problem with TLJ is that despite all the neat shit going on, it was boring as shit. Sounds like JJ may have done the same thing. I hope not. At least TFA was watchable if not wholly derivative. Probably because it was derivative of something that was great.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
I love Endgame but are you actually insane. It was 3 hours of blatant pandering and trying to earn brownie points with the fanbase.

Endgame also had something to work coming from Infinity War. One of the (many) problems I had with TLJ was that it really didn't provide much in terms of a segway into the next movie, TLJ would've been much better as a standalone film with completely brand new characters.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't know how many times history has to repeat itself before people stop giving a shit about premiere night impressions

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Infinity War being the problem and Endgame being great is why none of what I'm reading here matters ultimately to me. I love IW and hate Endgame. Endgame felt like a 3 hour slog where they stop every 3 minutes to give superfans a hand job .