• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Perfect timing, with an ARMS character coming to Smash & the free trial for Switch Online subscribers being a thing. I guess Nintendo's really serious about bringing ARMS back to the spotlight.

Source: Nintendo Versus (Twitter)

Last edited:

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I wonder if they will do a big update for the game. I really liked Arms and I hope it gets a sequel eventually, but IMO it shouldn't be until next console. A massive update for the game, even if it's DLC with a new $60 "Deluxe Edition" retail release I'd probably pick it up again.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Interesting, its coming at the tail end of the free trial.

Also clearly they're using this to decide the default Smash skin /s

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully they put Min Min and Twintelle in separate brackets this time so they don't meet until the finals. We don't need a Colorado-Detroit situation where the two best teams would face each other before the end.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad these are back. I used to keep up with every single one of these but tailed off a bit with the final brackets in 2019, as I just couldn't find the time (even though it would only take an hour of play to get the special event badges for level 10 or 15).

For those new to the game or building the full collection, not only does Party Crash keep the online multiplayer fresh in a way that encourages you to experiment with the whole mix-and-match element of the Arms loadouts, but it generates in-game cash very quickly. I completed my collection in no time at all once these events first started up. It's not quite as lean and pure as 1v1 ranked (which I think has dwindled to a low level of activity), but it has significantly greater variety than the standard online lobbies when Party Crash isn't active.

Maybe they'll finally release that indefinitely held Dark Horse comic book while they're rebuilding the IP's profile again.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
ARMS remains on of my favorite Switch games so seeing it get a little more attention is awesome.

They better make a sequel with an actual story mode, though...

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm so glad these are back. I used to keep up with every single one of these but tailed off a bit with the final brackets in 2019, as I just couldn't find the time (even though it would only take an hour of play to get the special event badges for level 10 or 15).

For those new to the game or building the full collection, not only does Party Crash keep the online multiplayer fresh in a way that encourages you to experiment with the whole mix-and-match element of the Arms loadouts, but it generates in-game cash very quickly. I completed my collection in no time at all once these events first started up. It's not quite as lean and pure as 1v1 ranked (which I think has dwindled to a low level of activity), but it has significantly greater variety than the standard online lobbies when Party Crash isn't active.

Maybe they'll finally release that indefinitely held Dark Horse comic book while they're rebuilding the IP's profile again.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they were waiting for this to release the graphic novel. Seeing as they're going for a full ARMS resurgence, releasing the graphic novel now would be perfect timing.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Do y'all think they're pushing ARMS so much lately because they know it can get players moving/active? They can't make Ring Fit Adventure fast enough but ARMS you can get digitally, and it can be a work out!

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just started to jump back into this game daily since the Direct reminded me how much I love it. I used to really dig the Party Crashes a while back, and I'm so excited they're returning to them with the one :D

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Just started to jump back into this game daily since the Direct reminded me how much I love it. I used to really dig the Party Crashes a while back, and I'm so excited they're returning to them with the one :D
Mind if I ask who your main is (mine is obvious, though Dr. Coyle is my secondary)?

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Despite having 60+ hours in this I somehow only took part in three Party Crashes. I think I'll try to keep up with these again.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I mostly just really like his aesthetic and the chain-arm look haha
Fair enough. In my case, it's rare to find an interesting black character in games, especially in Nintendo games. Not to mention that she's fun to play. Dr. Coyle is mainly the last part, though it's nice to have another female villain in Nintendo's pantheon of villains. I even have an ARMS tag from a dedicated Discord.

output.png

I found myself gravitating towards motion controls since I can better aim my ARMS. Before now, I used either a Pro Controller or a GameCube controller.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no! I thought this went through today... Well, I got to level 10. Sorry I let you down Ribbon Girl:(