• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PC98_Audi

Producer @ Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Raleigh
So I been working my way through the original RE series before jumping into the RE2 remake. I am currently on RE6 which I detest so far, but I've been curious about how those 3 CGI movies hold up since they take place around RE6 in the canon timeline. Are they actually worth watching at all? I don't mind schlock, so I'm not expecting much at all, but if the stories are just nonsensical or boring I figure I'll skip them.

I have the Biohazard The Stage DVD which I actually greatly enjoyed watching though that's a stageplay starring Rebecca, and that 4D Executer film is kinda cool I guess.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Degeneration is ass, I remember nothing about it. Damnation had some kinda cool action scenes/fanservice, and Vendetta is batshit madness and OTT action stupidity so it's hard to forget.

They're all pretty bad, but the latter two can be entertaining.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Degeneration and Damnation are pretty bad but watchable. Vendetta is good just for the action scenes which are all the dumb shit you can do in RE6 come to life.
186A682AE7BD0AE5FEEA5A31D7F537717BBB63A1

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
The stories aren't much better than what's in the games, maybe a bit better dialogue. If you really like the RE cast they're a fun but shallow watch.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Depends.

Do you care about the canon of the series? If so then go ahead.

Vendetta is really good.

lowlifelenny

Oct 27, 2017
They all have their moments but the third one is the only one I'd consider approaching 'good' status.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Damnation was alright, but Degeneration was the worst piece of shit.

I haven't gotten very far into Vendetta because it was kind of boring.

Deleted member 419

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not good but they are worth the time regardless. Fun action romps that capture the feel of action-RE perfectly. They get progressively better as they go on. Vendetta looks amazing in 4K HDR.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think they are worth your time tbh. I simply don't think RE has much potential in movie format.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They are mostly fun with some boring stretches, pure dumb popcorn movies. If you're a RE fan, they're worth it for a Saturday movie night.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
They're all pretty watchable, not great mind you but as far as CG videogame adaptations go they're decent.

I'd say give them a go if you like the RE universe.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
The reactions to Vendetta in here are just the best.

That movie is so fucking dumb. At times the action is kind of impressive, but usually it's so unabashedly stupid it's incredible. I'd post a gif of my favourite moment but I don't even want to spoil it.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They've very much worth watching if you're a fan of action Resident Evil, Resident Evil lore, or the arcs of characters such as Leon. For example, Damnation sheds light on why Leon is so bitter in RE6. And Vendetta continues that arc.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vendetta (the real RE7) is fantastic.

Top notch action/gun scenes and Rebecca is adorable.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Only good one is Damnation. Loaded with fanservice for RE fans. Degeneration is trash, and Vendetta is no better outside of a few zany moments which you're better off watching clips of. Vendetta also really fucks up with established characters. Rebecca was finally brought back only to be used very inappropriately and Leon was turned into a literal asshole drunk who at one point grenades a busy highway with complete disregard to the driving civilians... to kill a zombie dog.