• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sammy Samusu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beyonce's Womb

Navigate your team of sled dogs through the ever-changing Alaskan wilderness to find your way home when #TheRedLantern, a resource management narrative game, races onto #NintendoSwitch later this year. #Nindies

The Red Lantern is a rogue-lite, narrative game where you and your team of 5 sled dogs, lost in the wilderness, must navigate the ever-changing events of the Alaskan bush to find your way home. More details will be revealed later this year.

Official Trailer Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJuZxy65BrM

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TimberlineGames

Site: https://www.timberline.studio/

Timberline Studios snapped! What a great debut.

This gave me Trace Memory and Lost in Blue vibes.

Best trailer in the Nindies showcase, if you stop pretending that Cuphead was a shocker. (I want both)

Last edited:

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A resource management game? So what does that mean? Do I actually get to drive the dogs?

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
This trailer made me feel sad... It's a really personal game, it seems, and I want it. :(

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Red_Lantern_Corps.jpg

I wasn't the only one immediately expecting this, right?

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Website says this is made of veteran narrative developers. Anyone knows who they are/what they worked on?

Looks incredible and it's a fantastic concept.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The sequel to the Green Lantern tie-in game looks weird.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Immediately thought it was a DC comics game and thought it was an odd choice to not do a (good) Green Lantern game instead.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely tempted to pick it up and play it as though it's an alternate universe in Life Is Strange because the protag/narrator is exactly like Chloe.

Deku

Oct 25, 2017
Stand out game for me. I'll keep an eye on it. I'm wondering how it'll play. Can you lose/replace dogs?

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
This game is on my to buy list. Glad to see more of these types of games featured on nindies

Pineconn

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I'm normally not a big fan of narrative-heavy games, but this looks really interesting. Hopefully it has great gameplay. Keeping it on my radar!

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this definitely looks super interesting! Really makes a statement for a studio's first game.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
So in on this. When I was in grade school we followed along with the Iditarod every year so I am excited to see it get some love from the games industry. Visuals looked lovely and it seems as if it runs really smooth.