• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whistleklik

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
Steam should just downright delete its forums and everything ever posted in them.
I hope they never do that. Whenever something is wrong with any of my games I check the forums and usually find help. There is so much information on the forums that is helpful.

Atlas is pretty busted however. I think a lot of people got annoyed yesterday because they set up a server for streamers and they were getting to play the game without any issues. I'm not mad though because plenty of gems and great memes came out of seeing streamers like lirik, waffle and forsen play this mess of a game.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I hate entitled gamers, when consumers buy a broken game they deserve to be upset. I've enjoyed some of your previous threads that looked at some similar issues (outrage about women in Total War for example), but you clearly have not done research towards the actual state of the game itself.

Oct 30, 2017
I don't even know how that piece of digital dogshit Ark made any real money and now you're telling me they somehow did it again?

I'm sorry but if you buy a game by the motherfucking developers of Ark and expect anything of quality then frankly you asked to get robbed.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
It was pretty funny to see people going crazy after the Game Awards announcement and then popping into a random stream later just to see it was an ultra-laggy Ark reskin.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
This must be the only industry where the word "entitled" gets thrown around so much. (Not actually, but this is silly).

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Given how poorly optimized/polished Ark is still -years- after release, I'm not sure what people expected.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know how that piece of digital dogshit Ark made any real money and now you're telling me they somehow did it again?

I'm sorry but if you buy a game by the motherfucking developers of Ark and expect anything of quality then frankly you asked to get robbed.

The funny thing, I was looking in on streams before the release and EVERYONE knew it was going to be a dumpster fire. They sat there waiting for it to burn. Like everyone expected it but still bought the damn thing.

Kadath

Oct 25, 2017
The reaction to Atlas shows that people are tired of broken early access games which remain broken even 5 years later (like DayZ)

Actually the lesson here is the very opposite.

I bought Ark, years ago, and now know better than giving even one dollar to those guys. But the "reaction to Atlas" is the proof EVERYONE ELSE is ready to jump on the next broken game.

Atlas in just a few hours sold an immense number of copies, and that horrible trailer at the game awards got way more attention than it deserved.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
I agree about the whole entitled thing OP but why did you crop the text in that image so badly? The whole right edge and bottom line are cut off.

UnNamed

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry but for me it doesn't seems very different from what they showed in the trailer. I don't think the trailer is misleading this time, where you can clearly see that animations are horrible, with poor graphics. Actual game looks worse because it shows different situations, but if you see some gameplay footage on youtube there's not a huge difference with the trailer.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People realize beta testers and QA are the ones usually paid right, not the other way around

Not every game can come out in EA as good as Visage but holy fucking shit defending Atlas is borderline endorsing QA to become a luxury over a job

Staticneuron

Oct 25, 2017
So here is the thing. Some gamers are entitled. Some go to crazy length like on in op. But the anger is semi-understandable. But the truth is.... I watch streams. I inform myself before I spend money on a product. If anyone watched the streams, they should have seen what was up and bailed out if they didn't want to bite. And it was not as if people had a choice. The game wasn't up for many people so there were streamer only servers and streamers were on there with devs.

There has to come a point in time, where gamers understand that in every industry, upsell their products. But you need to stop buying into early access and pre orders if you cannot handle the huge varied quality in releases. Self control, should be exercised instead of blindly believing marketing. Getting upset afterwards, and pointing out it is nothing like the Ad, is something I have seen from people in the past 20+ years, whether it is about gaming or even fastfood/restaurant adverts. It is either people don't learn, or there is just a new generations just coming to this realization.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't this from the developers of Ark? The game that the developers couldn't be bothered to fix, but have no qualms about releasing on other platforms for $50?

Now they're onto their next early access game.

People are wise to their act. I don't think that's entitlement at all.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
yo is that steam forums post real though?

YEESH

it's asking to be used as a copypasta

Deleted member 8777

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He might have a point but he invalidated it all by virtue signaling about what a reactionary dipshit he is.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
"I hope these people lose their job" Such a gentleman here.

I swear sometimes the toxicity is a bit too much here. There's criticism and there's outrage and then there's outright hate like this.

I hope this game fails, and games with marketing that is not misleading succeed. Why should this game succeed over other games with not-misleading marketing?

If every game succeeds, there's no incentive to make good games.

If deliberately misleading marketing results in success, there's no reason to create representative marketing.

This is not a toxic position. It's a position of caring.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
thread_backfire.gif

Lmao

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
This game is probably an example of why early access isn't always good. The developers should have waited another year or two to put more polish on the product before letting the consumers see it. I respect why other developers protect their alpha and beta stages so much.

Mhj

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So I take this is yet another thread where someone argues that game companies are special snow flakes and how dare you question poor quality. You are stupid for not researching before buying. It's your fault, "everyone" knows this game company has buggy games.

Status
Not open for further replies.