• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So i just saw this not so new trailer for a new Netflix show and it looks pretty interesting.

Has anybody even heard about it or has any interest in it? Looked around but couldn't find much.

Will this be The Happening but with killer rain?

I like how Netflix is pursuing different cinematographies with shows like Dark, Occupied and 3%. And this one of course.

Although their movies have been kinda hit or miss, i think their not Marvel shows are on average higher quality.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Hot sticky scenes, you know what I mean
Like a desert sun that burns my skin
I've been waiting for her for so long
Open the sky and let her come down

Here comes the rain
Here comes the rain
Here she comes again
Here comes the rain

Hot sticky scenes, you know what I mean
Like a desert sun that burns my skin
I've been waiting for her for so long
Open the sky and let her come down

Here comes the rain
Here comes the rain
Here she comes again
Here comes the rain
I love the rain
I love the rain
Here she comes again
Here comes the rain

Oh, rain
Rain
Rain
Oh, here comes the rain

I love the rain
Well, I love the rain
Here she comes again
I love the rain

Rain

Oct 27, 2017
I actually really liked Dark. It went way crazier than i expected. I'll check this out too. I'm much more lenient on my opinions of all this "free" new content on Netflix.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Still the rain kept pourin'
Fallin' on my ears
And I wonder, still I wonder
Who'll stop the rain?

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
Hmm that trailer doesn't give me tons to go off besides rain = bad, itdoes well to set the tone though, and the big empty city centre shot tickles my disaster/apocalypse interest.

pargonta

Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
the amount of Genre shows on netflix is amazing. Just a constant stream of british crime dramas or high concept sci fi joints.

Looks like a good followup from Dark. will watch

OP
OP
saenima

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So when is this supposed to be coming out? I thought i was going to jump in tonight and watch it

Spring. Nothing more specific that i'm aware of.

the amount of Genre shows on netflix is amazing. Just a constant stream of british crime dramas or high concept sci fi joints.

Looks like a good followup from Dark. will watch

Agreed. A lot of money to spend and people with interesting taste at Netflix :)

What, this is made in my country!? I might check it out, even though I usually stay away from Scandinavian productions. I do want to start watching more of them though so this could be a starting point.

Have you ever seen The Killing? It's a great Danish show. There's a North American version which is also pretty good.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
After 10 minutes I am not sure if I want to continue after the idiot kids
cause the accident
and then cause poor
mom to die
. Are they only going to do stupid shit?

Nerdcy

Oct 27, 2017
The Silo series is great. Very claustrophobic and you could understand the desire to escape.

I too thought of Silo when I watched the trailer for this so I started watching it. I couldn't finish the second episode. The acting is horrendous and the premise behind the trailer which I thought was interesting is pretty much discarded in the first episode
with a huge time skip.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Urgh.. Episode 3 and they continue to to stupid shit...
I no longer have tolerance for shows and movies that just move on because the protagonists do stupid stuff all the time...

Deleted member 11262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Urgh.. Episode 3 and they continue to to stupid shit...
I no longer have tolerance for shows and movies that just move on because the protagonists do stupid stuff all the time...
That's fair. The boy continues to do stupid shit throughout the whole 8 episodes, so if you're annoyed by now you should really stop it. Insufferable character.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
I was frustrated by the idiocy of certain characters, but honestly, the boy is essentially a man-child and the girl is also young. Spending that much of your learning years in a bunker that is basically life on easy street bit them in the ass.

I would watch a season 2.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
Made it 20 minutes. That's 20 minutes of my life I'm not getting back. That's my full review.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Surprising, wanted to read some impressions since an friend really likes the show and recommended it. Quite the contrast of opinions here

Oct 25, 2017
I just started watching this, about 12 minutes in to the first episode and the stupid kids kept doing stupid shit that eventually led
to the mom's death.
Not sure if I can keep watching this. They are annoyingly moronic.

1) kid taking off his seatbelt while the parents are panicking and dad is driving like a maniac
2) opening the door after the dad explained about the rain and told them he will be a while. Also the mom pleading with them not to open it and they go ahead and do it. Way to go guys, mom is dead because of your stupidity

Is the rest of the season like this?

May 31, 2018
Has caught up on Season 3 of this show? I stopped at the end of Season 1 and wondering if I should invest my time in watching the other 2 seasons