• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
This was really big of Insomniac. Though after the disrespect they received over it, they really didn't have to do this. I hope those that did treat them poorly apologize and thank them, rather than feel their harassment was warranted since it got them what they wanted.

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Now these idiots that did send death threats to the community managers and people at the Studio in General on twitter will feel like they are the reason that the suit is coming.

Alone for the behavior and harassment they should have held back the suit.

Everyone was a dick but they could have shut everyone up by announcing they were doing it in the first place. Like what was the point of angering the crybabies?

A nice surprise and Christmas Gift.
I mean come on - They wante to do something nice and all they got was hate from a bunch of idiots.
But these days we are in a world where crying until you get it is probably normal and if you don't feel like getting it you send death threats like real adults do....lol

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
the lighting on the raised webbing my god

dude convince me this isn't a shot from the movie

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did people really send death threats because of a suit in an already packed with suits game? Gamers truly are the worst.

Stoopkid

Oct 27, 2017
Now these idiots that did send death threats to the community managers and people at the Studio in General on twitter will feel like they are the reason that the suit is coming.

Alone for the behavior and harassment they should have held back the suit.

I mean come on - They wante to do something nice and all they got was hate from a bunch of idiots.
But these days we are in a world where crying until you get it is probably normal and if you don't feel like getting it you send death threats like real adults do....lol
Gamers really are the worst.

BenRoderick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: with great power comes great responsibility. This is my gift, my curse. Who am I? I'm Spider-Man.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was secretly expecting a Guacamelee crossover, because these two games share a lot of things : suits and masks, feminine sidekick, animal transformation, charismatic vilains, aerial gameplay, mobs immunities broked by specifics moves, hit count and combos, gymnastic use of wall, throwing and jump... Peter Parker into the Mexiverse and Juan Aguacate in New York City !

Matheulbeuk

Dec 16, 2018
Why? Just let the vocal minority control everything by preventing anything that upsets them? For all the hunreds or thousands whining, there's hundreds/thousands times more people not flinging shit at the devs.

Insomniac received litteral death threat for that fucking suit. Now, all those terrible people will think " Hey , we did it guy, let's do the same to that other developer,
it worked the first time, right ? '"

Last edited:

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, can we stop calling people who asked for the suit 'moaning crybabies'?
Here are the facts:

There were 3 extremely popular alternate Spider-Man suits that weren't in the original game - the black suit, the Future Foundation suit, and the Raimi suit. Insomniac has confirmed multiple times that the black suit and the Future Foundation suits are not coming because the black suit is important enough that there needs to be a story around it, and Future Foundation is not coming due to Fox having rights to F4.

For the Raimi suit, however, what they did is they teased it for one of the DLCs by tweeting the release date of the first DLC alongside a picture of the Raimi trilogy's version of the spider symbol (the DLC itself was also released on Sam Raimi's birthday), they did not put it in after 3 DLCs and then told a fan on Twitter asking what is going on that 'listening to you doesn't mean we do what you ask'.

They could have outright said 'It's not coming' like they did with the black suit and Future Foundation suit, which everyone would also beg for if they didn't repeatedly say that they are NOT going to add them. The whole Raimi suit 'controversy' is just an effect of Insomniac being really shitty at communicating with the fanbase.

Some people were being immature assholes about it, yeah, but Insomniac simply handled it badly. I wouldn't be surprised if they only released it because of the shitstorm that they themselves caused.

Killyoh

Oct 28, 2017
Paris, France
So they charging for it or is it free? If not how much are they charging?
NjiREPF.jpg

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Insomniac!

Some fans' behavior was disgusting, but I'm sure the vast majority of the players are just plain thankfull!

Looks like I'm going to play the last 2 chapters of City that Never Sleeps with a new suit :)

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Insomniac received litteral death treat for that fucking suit. Now, all those terrible people will think " Hey , we did it guy, let's do the same to that other developer,
it worked the first time, right ? '"
Now I know those people aren't the brightest but didn't that happen like less than a week ago? They didn't just whip this up in a few days. "Gamers" should know shit like this is planned and takes time.

But yeah, some will think it's becauae of them.

Oct 30, 2017
After seeing how a lot of people acted every time a dlc came out and didn't have it, they really shouldn't have put this suit in. (I wanted the suit, but fuckin hell I wasn't a prick about it and never bitched and moaned like a child over it. )

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Fucking hell. I still don't think it was handled properly given the circumstances, like others said it could set a dangerous precedent.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
There has to be a bad CG scene from the original movies that looks worse than the game now?

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Wait, what? Did they already have it coming? If so, why with the somewhat snarky twitter response? Or did they make this in response to the events after?

Either way I'm glad it its in, even if Insomiac shouldn't have been harassed over it.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, can we stop calling people who asked for the suit 'moaning crybabies'?
Here are the facts:

There were 3 extremely popular alternate Spider-Man suits that weren't in the original game - the black suit, the Future Foundation suit, and the Raimi suit. Insomniac has confirmed multiple times that the black suit and the Future Foundation suits are not coming because the black suit is important enough that there needs to be a story around it, and Future Foundation is not coming due to Fox having rights to F4.

For the Raimi suit, however, what they did is they teased it for one of the DLCs by tweeting the release date of the first DLC alongside a picture of the Raimi trilogy's version of the spider symbol (the DLC itself was also released on Sam Raimi's birthday), they did not put it in after 3 DLCs and then told a fan on Twitter asking what is going on that 'listening to you doesn't mean we do what you ask'.

They could have outright said 'It's not coming' like they did with the black suit and Future Foundation suit, which everyone would also beg for if they didn't repeatedly say that they are NOT going to add them. The whole Raimi suit 'controversy' is just an effect of Insomniac being really shitty at communicating with the fanbase.

Some people were being immature assholes about it, yeah, but Insomniac simply handled it badly. I wouldn't be surprised if they only released it because of the shitstorm that they themselves caused.
But they were moaning crybabies. Insomniac don't owe you shit and people getting seriously upset over a god damn spider suit need to grow up big time.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Why? Just let the vocal minority control everything by preventing anything that upsets them? For all the hunreds or thousands whining, there's hundreds/thousands times more people not flinging shit at the devs.
It's just a reminder that gamers are the worst.

Last edited:

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I've saved all the DLCs to play over Christmas so this is going to be so cool to jump back in with this suit too. Does anyone know if you can still buy all 3 DLCs in a pass/bundle or are they all separate now? I can't seem to find a way to buy all 3 together on the store.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
WATCH THEM REMOVE IT IN THE SEQUEL and lit the Internet on fire.

We don't deserve Insomniac, even me not liking this suit can feel the love of this act.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Feels bad. Feels like they added it just because of all the backlash... Still great that we have it but it feels so forced

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I only wish for one thing for the sequel now. I want to unlock the Raimi Spider-Man theme and have that play while I swing.

Please

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But they were moaning crybabies. Insomniac don't owe you shit and people getting seriously upset over a god damn spider suit need to grow up big time.

Insomniac said themselves multiple times during development that adding player-favorite suits was very important to them because they wanted players to be able to play as their favorite version of Spider-Man, aside from the obvious suits they couldn't implement that I mentioned. Why did they not just add it to the original game instead of suits litereally nobody cares about like Ghost Spider or freaking 'Fear Itself'? This whole situation could have been easily avoided.

Don't get me wrong, I realise that a lot of people were being immature crybabies about the suit, calling devs names and sending death threats, I despise those people and wish them the worst, but I hate that, along with other fans of the Raimi trilogy, I'm being lumped together with those assholes.