• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sha1ashaska22

Sep 4, 2020
I loved Until Dawn so much, so I'm very hyped for this game. I wonder if the Deluxe Edition bonuses (besides the Death Rewind) will be available as DLC to purchase. I want the game physically, but from what I can tell, the Deluxe Edition is just digital.

Wondering the same, also have a PS5 physical version on the way.

Nice OT, looking forward to this! Quite enjoyed all 3 Dark Anthology entries and Until Dawn is great.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021

BourbonAFC

Oct 26, 2017
Ted Raimi is in this? Sweet! Never played one of these games beyond some of Until Dawn. May have to pick this up and try couch co-op with the wife.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Me and my friend that beat until dawn in 2 setting are planning to do one of this with our gf, he already bought the game, so we are waiting for a day or 2 were we can.

Still undecided if we should do couch coop mode or directors chair.
Im really glad that even if not sony as the publishers, which usualy dubs all their games, the new publishers actually dubbed the game into different langauges. Great way to make it feel actually like a real movie (at least for my country, that actually has amazing dubs).

Also didnt now the Detective Pikachu main character was here also, will make my gf more interested (she never experienced until dawn so see thinks the idea of a game that feels like a movie is stupid as she seems to think that it will not play well or it will not be as good as a real movie).

Also Ted Raimi!

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know the steam unlock time for this one?
Also, when does cdkeys typically send the keys out for new games?

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Great OT!

Bought the Deluxe Edition on PS5 because I gotta throw some support behind more games like Until Dawn (and reviews have been quite positive). Can't wait to play!

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Watched the trailer and the models looked weird, like uncanny valley and puffy.

Looks like it could be interesting though, scary stuff is always good. How long and I assume it's meant to be replayed.

Warning about using the rewind feature

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Just as a warning, the Eurogamer review said they used the rewind feature towards the end of the game and it brought them right back to the start and they lost all their progress. So be careful using that towards the end.

Might be worth highlighting in the OP?

www.eurogamer.net

The Quarry review - sumptuous slasher horror digs its own grave

Supermassive's latest is one of the team's very best - but for one smart, but disastrously implemented mechanic.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Just as a warning, the Eurogamer review said they used the rewind feature towards the end of the game and it brought them right back to the start and they lost all their progress. So be careful using that towards the end.

www.eurogamer.net

Supermassive's latest is one of the team's very best - but for one smart, but disastrously implemented mechanic.

Lol, apparently it's supposed to bring you back to the choice you made that is fatal to the character—is there a choice made at the beginning of the game that decides for someone?! Haha.

Edit: apparently that's what it was lol. That's both horribly unfortunate for the reviewer, but kind of amazing.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017

www.eurogamer.net

That's only available on new game plus, or if you buy the deluxe ver

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
I'm buying the deluxe version. So should I skip it?

If I buy just the PS4 version on PSN do get a free upgrade to the PS5 version? The store listing for all versions lists both PS4/PS5 which usually means you get both copies and I don't want to spend the extra $20/$30 if I don't have too. Thanks.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say just throw a quick warning up about "don't use rewind during the final chapters of the game right now". It sounds like they're going to do something about that one (whether it's turned off, or has a warning on it, etc).

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

www.eurogamer.net

I trademark your comment if you don't mind

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
My copy shipped with 24 hour delivery - can't wait to dive in tomorrow.

LV-426

Oct 29, 2017
Very ready to dive into this over the weekend. Love these developers and have high hopes for this. Nice OT!!

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm buying the deluxe version. So should I skip it?

If I buy just the PS4 version on PSN do get a free upgrade to the PS5 version? The store listing for all versions lists both PS4/PS5 which usually means you get both copies and I don't want to spend the extra $20/$30 if I don't have too. Thanks.
I too would like to know this. They sure don't make it easy to tell on the PSN. If an upgrade is available, I don't see why anyone would pay $10 more for the PS5 version.

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Store said that they wint be able to ship it this week.
So I just canceled the order and going to the store pick it up tomorow.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Will there be a spoiler thread or are we free to post marked spoilers in here?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, this game won't have online co-op? Even in that post launch update???

The fuck, I didn't know that

Edit:
Alongside this is online co-operative multiplayer, which makes a few deviations from tradition in order to make the interactive movie format work. Rather than a group controlling a different character each, a host player controls the game and up to seven other players can provide input on the choices made.

lol what, that's sooooooo lame. I never really took the time to look too deeply into this, because I thought there's no way they would just lose such a core feature from the Dark Pictures games.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
I too would like to know this. They sure don't make it easy to tell on the PSN. If an upgrade is available, I don't see why anyone would pay $10 more for the PS5 version.
Yea I might just wait until after launch no matter how much I want to preolad the game and play at launch because of this issue. $30 is half a game in the before times. The preoder bonuses look nice but aren't must have IMO.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Roger that - will be modest but I imagine some things I will have to talk about as soon as possible lol.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
I'm wondering if this had a last minute RRP drop here in the UK as it looks to be £45-£50 pretty much everywhere I look right now. Smart move if so as it's got a sale from me at least. I wasn't gonna pay £70 but that reduction is a lot more tempting.

Maybe the preorders here were a bit slow at the previous price. The UK pricing system is going to be interesting to watch over the next few years as people have less and less disposable income.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I'm wondering if this had a last minute RRP drop here in the UK as it looks to be £45-£50 pretty much everywhere I look right now. Smart move if so as it's got a sale from me at least. I wasn't gonna pay £70 but that reduction is a lot more tempting.

Maybe the preorders here were a bit slow at the previous price. The UK pricing system is going to be interesting to watch over the next few years as people have less and less disposable income.

Mine was £49 from Game Collection and I ordered it last month. I don't think many places actually stuck to the RRP on it. Weirdly Amazon were one of the most expensive places for it when I was looking.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm in....after a sale

I loved Until Dawn, this looks good but I want it digital and can't be arsed to pay £64.99 for the PS5 version when I get a heavy feeling this will drop £20 or more in a month

I can get it £50 physical but honestly, my backlog is enough, I have Evil Dead in rotation and Turtles is next week I'm more engaged for

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Mine was £49 from Game Collection and I ordered it last month. I don't think many places actually stuck to the RRP on it. Weirdly Amazon were one of the most expensive places for it when I was looking.

That's where I got it from in the end. It is odd for Game to match them on price though which is what got me wondering. I'm glad either way as I'm a massive fan of their last 4 games in this genre.

Scythe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Still no word on Steam pre-load huh? :(

I assume it won't be until 12am EST.

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been paying attention to this game too much so the release really snuck up on me. Did people know it was coming out tomorrow ahead of time or did they just suddenly announce it today? Eitehr way, very excited about it. Gonna maybe use it as a reward for finishing a long-standing personal project.