• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Does Disney+ have anything original in the works that they're throwing money behind? Or is it all soulless cash grabbing?

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So Ducks will be the villains in this. Will the new team being created be the Kraken's?

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's not worth winning if you can't win big!

What's the point of calling this The Mighty Ducks if the Ducks are the "villains"?

This will blow your mind. In the original concept for D3, the Ducks weren't even the protagonists of the film, it was Team Iceland. The Ducks were helping Iceland overcome an even worse team of assholes.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
The man who loses his shit over every Terminator 3 attempt has no grounds to talk about souless reboots.

tenor.gif

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I watched one of these movies as a kid. Had no idea what it or the franchise was about. Hockey I guess

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Now we witness another wave of youth hockey teams being named the Mighty Ducks. I'm still recovering from my 3 years in a row of being on said team with all the duck calls in the crowd from over zealous parents... shudder.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Does Disney+ have anything original in the works that they're throwing money behind? Or is it all soulless cash grabbing?
They just released another original movie after one in December (Togo). They have another coming up soon. They got a show about a girl dreaming to become a president.

Darkonda

May 23, 2018
He was an asshole in 3 until Bombay brought him back to earth.

Yeah, I remember that but he was still good guy-ish. I remember Coach Orion's expression when Charlie helped Fulton on laps.

This would make more sense if it was Banks. Like his pro career gets destroyed and then he gets obsessed with winning like Coach Reilly lol

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
This will blow your mind. In the original concept for D3, the Ducks weren't even the protagonists of the film, it was Team Iceland. The Ducks were helping Iceland overcome an even worse team of assholes.

Having Team Iceland being the big baddies in a hockey tournament never made a lick of sense anyway, so I can believe it.

Was it Russia?

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Now that's just stupid. This series is guaranteed to bomb within the majority of it's audience who are big Mighty Duck fans.

Cobra Kai had done it the right way.

I dunno, Cobra Kai started out with Daniel losing his way and becoming the bully. With Bombay coming back, I'm betting that he's the Ducks coach, has basically become Coach Riley, and by the end of the series he'll be redeemed too.

Damien1928

Oct 27, 2017
It's confirmed now that Emilio Estevez is returning as the coach of the ducks for the full 10 episodes.