• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
i've played a good amount of ps4 games on ps5 and a few ps5 games and enjoy it. i'll get ratchet & clank next and resident evil viii eventually. really not a bad first year compared basically every other sony console. also since switch doesn't have a lot of video apps, it's my go-to choice for netflix and hbo max and the like.

Lol watch this

Ps5 NEEDS this. Hopefully they can patch this someday... hopefully

anyway congrats on your purchase , I too look forward to getting a ps5

damn, all platforms need this.

like, i'm not going to jump in from one 50 hour rpg into the next, but i play ring fit adventure daily and it would be nice to just quickly swap over to little nightmares ii or fez or something and not have to have one or the other.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look, I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but I think your message needs some refining.

Essentially your post comes down to that you liked your PS4 but only played one game. But now you love the PS5 because you can play PS4 games through BC. Plus activity cards and the dualsense.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
ignoring words like BC, Dualsense, Activity cards because they are functions/things that come with the console, and we usually write that way, we have 5 letters:
O
I
J
F
N

What does it mean?

OP
OP
plow

plow

Oct 28, 2017
Look, I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but I think your message needs some refining.

Essentially your post comes down to that you love the PS5 because of Activity Cards, the DualSense, and playing PS4 games through BC.

Yes because PS4 had no BC so you had to play PS4 games which were really rare at the beginning of the Gen. Now i can play PS5 and PS4 games that i missed. Since i didn't own a PRO, i also have the ability to play these PS4 games with better FPS or resolution.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
OP can't say he enjoys his PS5 but we can have thread like this one?

Let people enjoy their things lol.
ikr......it's pretty interesting to say the least when reading the responses from both threads. Let people be excited. lol
It's hilarious really and transparent about what's going on here.

Otherwise I can't agree. The UI is still garbage compared to the PS4 one, my Dualsense trigger died after 2 weeks of Warframe, and the 10$ cost increase for games is not something I will celebrate.

But good for you, and enjoy !

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes because PS4 had no BC so you had to play PS4 games which were really rare at the beginning of the Gen. Now i can play PS5 and PS4 games that i missed. Since i didn't own a PRO, i also have the ability to play these PS4 games with better FPS or resolution.
I hear you, and I believe you genuinely love it! I'd just encourage you to maybe express some more of those things in your OP to avoid drive-bys that are going to say this is a reaction post. Enjoy your console!

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
User warned: Accusing other members of corporate schilling
Is this a retaliation post to the "Xbox has won me over this gen" thread from earlier?

Calm down guys lmao, you don't need to shill for your plastic graphics box.

Klokwerk

Oct 29, 2017
Loving a console is basically loving the games you play on it. That's why people mostly prefer PlayStation (according to worldwide sales at least), because of the games that run on it. Not the plastic box itself. Features are a plus and they're great, but games are what matters.

Returnal / Demon's Souls / Miles Morales, soon Ratchet vs... not much on Xbox (The Medium ?). Xbox does BC well though, but that's not what people buy a new game console for. They buy it for new games. And mostly new exclusives, since multiplatform games are the same.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm glad you are happy with your purchase.

My main sticking points right now are the 80 euro price tag for games and the absolutely horrendous interface. PS5 isn't anywhere near the best console in its current state.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Is this a retaliation post to the "Xbox has won me over this gen" thread from earlier?

The responses here are funny versus the other one because

XFqHtXE.jpg

Dultimate

Oct 27, 2017
User warned: Accusing OP of having ulterior motives, antagonistic behavior
ikr......it's pretty interesting to say the least when reading the responses from both threads. Let people be excited. lol

This thread reads like a response to that thread. That's what makes it seem weird. Seeing the OP in a lot of threads defending the Playstation it just seems like he's triggered whenever someone says something positive about Xbox.

The PS5 is great no doubt but he didn't list anything about it other than the PS+ collection and PS4 BC. Oh, the DualSense is great and Activity cards. There's no real thought put into the OP.

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
As is said, it's a really great feature. But i realy do not need it since i only play one game, finish that game, and go to the next one. I'm sure it's really helpful to a lot of people and i hope Sony implements it.

I think this feature can be really appealing to people who play online/multi-player games with friends. It's a nice feature to have.

But, I do the same as you. I play single player games most of time (and one at time as well), I probably will never use this feature lol

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
That's good, can we now get all the features on bullet points to streamline it a bit? Let's add a price tag while we're at it.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
The PS4 was my favourite system and it's been incredible and overwhelming coming from a base PS4 to PS5 with my entire library and many of them playing significantly better than before and thankfully without the loud fans in the process. I haven't even had a chance to play much of PSVR on it but I hear many games have notable performance differences on it as well.

I love the Dual Sense far more than I thought I would on PS5 native games and the cards on Miles Morales and tips videos on Sackboy were a real game changer for cutting out tedium in those kinds of games.

Overall I've never felt more impressed with a system in its first year, the only downside is I have such a big PS4 backlog that the €80 price on new PS5 games is going to be a deterrent from getting too many.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It could be a combination of a couple of things, but I'm playing way more games since I got my PS5 too. For the first time I'm on track to not only complete my 52 games challenge, but also exceed that number by quite a bit.

The only other console I got at launch was the Switch, and although I was happily preoccupied with BotW for like 3 months, there wasn't that much else to play for a while. Haven't had that issue with the PS5, and yeah backwards compatibility does help. I upgraded from an OG PS4 though so the difference in power is quite stark.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
Always been a big fan of Sony. PS2 is still my favorite. It was such a beast. Too many good titles to list.

Calm down guys lmao, you don't need to shill for your plastic graphics box.

Eh...it's a video game forum. Where else to post "I ❤ [platform]" threads?

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I think this feature can be really appealing to people who play online/multi-player games with friends. It's a nice feature to have.

But, I play single player games most of time (and one at time as well), I probably will never use this feature lol

Single player/story games is LITERALLY where the feature excels, if you're playing an online game and suspend you're probably going to need to sign back in when you resume.
Suspend/resume 5 story games and you will be able to jump back right in where you left.
I understand what your saying about playing one game at a time, some people play multiple games and that's where it comes in handy.

Matthias

alt account
Banned
Mar 10, 2021
We need a poll to learn who gets the most offended when a console gets praised.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
This thread reads like a response to that thread. That's what makes it seem weird. Seeing the OP in a lot of threads defending the Playstation it just seems like he's triggered whenever someone says something positive about Xbox.

The PS5 is great no doubt but he didn't list anything about it other than the PS+ collection and PS4 BC. Oh, the DualSense is great and Activity cards. There's no real thought put into the OP.
That seems like four things he likes.

The other thread lists four things he likes about his system too:

Build quality
Digital assistant
Quick resume
Controller battery life

Not a problem for either thread imo. But this one seems to generate more negative responses.

Gong

Oct 25, 2017
OP is enjoying his new console, are they not entitled to express that on an open forum? Let them have their moment FFS, life is shit enough just now.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Playstation 5 does have a real chance to pull me back from PC gaming full time. I even purchased a multi-platform game for it this week.

Shit's wild.

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I just hope I'll be as happy as OP when I finally get a PS5. As I hope for everyone that gets a console of their choosing. It's nice having fun when you bought the right thing.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Well, i really want one but at the same time there is little reason to rush imo.
I'm sure i'll enjoy it when there are more must-have games on it for me.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
It has a few great games so far and I'm very excited for what's to come on that front but dualsense aside because I like it a lot, the ps5 has been a very underwhelming experience from a platform and hardware perspective.

It's been collecting dust for like 2 or 3 months now.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned: (1 day) Thread Whining; antagonizing commentary.
You kidding me with this thread lmaaaaaao!!! Honestly thought it would be parody but here we are. Childish.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Bit early to call but hey, as someone who has played a lot of Hitman on PS4 and is now playing a lot of it on PS5, those load times sure are fast. Haven't been interested in any of the exclusives, at least not at current prices anyway. Astrobot was OK I guess.

Dultimate

Oct 27, 2017
That seems like four things he likes.

The other thread lists four things he likes about his system too:

Build quality
Digital assistant
Quick resume
Controller battery life

Not a problem for either thread imo. But this one seems to generate more negative responses.

4 things listed that had no thought put into them. Just 4 features of the console. At least the other thread OP explains what is great about those things he listed.

Like Garrett 2U said. He should have took the time to refine his post. Then it wouldn't have seemed so reactive.

DannyClash

Oct 25, 2017
Video games are cool. Glad the PS5 is ticking your boxes. I'd just like to say I'm looking forward to the content coming out of this thread and the other in question.

I'm not above it

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
I like it a lot. It is also the ugliest console of all time.

Best in my heart will always be Dreamcast, but Series X is my favorite currently.

Zalera

Mar 26, 2021
I wonder who's the most triggered here lol. Is it OP, or the people posting about the Xbox thread? I'm not sure!

Either way.. the PS5 is cool, but it lacks basic features and the OS is straight up a downgrade from PS4. Also, I've had to return my console twice due to coil whine, but I'm getting a replacement unit next week so we'll see how that fares.

My favourite thing about the PS5 is probably the controller tbh. Those haptics are a game changer.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Accusing Other Member of Corporate Shilling
This absolutely reads like an add.

The system and games have been alright, thus far I consider the system a PS4 Pro Pro. 95% of games I've played have been PS4 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.