• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you satisfied with the PS5 experience and have you encountered issues so far?

• Yes, i am totally satisfied, the PS5 experience is just awesome, i´ve encountered no issues at all!

Votes: 334 65.5%
  • It is okay. not great but not bad either, i´ve had some issues.

Votes: 136 26.7%
  • I am not satisfied with the PS5 experience so far, there are just too many issues.

Votes: 40 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I'm satisfied by Demon's Souls, but the PS5 itself is a huge disappointment to me. As a sidenote: that controller, "the next gen immersion", is annoying af imo. The Xbox controller is still miles ahead imo

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe some people are this unhappy when for the most part next-gen has been very enjoyable for me.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Miles Morales has crashed several times now (one hard crash that had that dreaded 'rebuilding database' message) but apart from MM making me nervous... it's been really great so far.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Only issues I have had so far is a few game crashes and the front USB port not charging in rest mode unless the settings are turned to always on.

The game crashes themselves haven't been a big deal since I had it happen on the PS4 pro too.

A lot of the complaints seem to be over stated in both the impact it has (disc spinning every hour) or how widespread it actually is.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Only issue I've had is just trying to find everything otherwise a solid 9/10 for me.

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
Happy so far. But UI can definitely be improved. I personally still prefer the PS4 method of closing a game (Hold PS Button -> Close game).

Games wise, its been pretty stable. Played many hours of Demon's Souls and Miles Morales, no crashes yet.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
I've encountered some issues, but mostly it's been great. Just the fact that every action you do every day (starting/closing a game, checking trophies, friend list) are near instantaneous compared to the PS4 has made my experience great overall. I mean sure, you can nitpick for days, but generally it's been fine.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I have had one crash with Miles Morales during the first two days and then thats been it, using an external and rest mode and not having any issues.

There are some small UI gripes that I would like changed, the long press to bring up the quick menu for power and the like was good, would like that back personally.

Other than that I have been really happy, feels like a proper step from the PS4 pro and the games I am playing have been great so far.

I will say the game management could be clearer as well.

Jurec84

Oct 27, 2017
I have zero issues and I love the console, so I picked the first option. Some things bug me, like the spinning disk and after more than 200 hours of gaming I had the first crash yesterday, but other than that, perfect.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
Yes, I'm actually very happy with it, playing it everyday since I got it. I'm using rest mode with no problems at all. The console is extremely quiet, there's no coil whine. The disc spinning doesn't bother me cause it's not as loud as I thought it would be based on forum comments. The controller is great, fit my hands like a glove and has no problems.

The downloads are much faster, in fact everything is much faster. I've made great use of activity cards in Astro and Bugsnax, I think they're great and very useful.

I guess it really is a lottery and I count myself lucky everyday that I got an unit without problems.

Things I find lacking but are really no big deals:

The store having no deals tab (the store itself is great, snappy and fast as hell, and deals will probably come in an update).

Backwards compatible games occupying more storage in the "other" tab than the storage they use under "games" tab.

The PS button change is a little strange to the touch, but I guess it's just a case of getting used to it.

I think that's it.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
No issue here. The noise is whatever - only had 1 reported error during Astro's. The game didn't crash, just an error splash. The UI is not my favorite but I am already used to it. No complaints. I've Platinumed Miles and Astro's and working through Demon's Souls.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Yeah I'm not impressed by the system either.

The BD player is really loud, the controller battery is still mediocre (not a big improvement over the DS4 at all) and the coil whine is noticeable if I play close to the system without a headset (IMO the noise pitch makes it more annoying than the fan noise my Ps4 Pro does from time to time).

Demon's Souls never crashed on me, but the game got stuck on the loading screen 3 times (common, known issue) and froze for 3 seconds during a bossfight.

I'm sure some of this problems (sadly not the coil whine) will be fixed soon, but as a launch it has been quite bad, specially the reports about the issues with Spiderman.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
I understand this was a venting post op, but it's just not reflective of reality for 99% of people.

Hopefully receiving mine this week and look forward to seeing if I'm in the 1%

Lurcharound

Oct 27, 2017
UK
As someone who never buys consoles at launch I'm wondering why you do OP; because you clearly shouldn't be! You could make a similar list for most every console launch and for sure since they became more PC like in complexity of OS, features and services.

Over time most gripes get patched out and HW refined. If you're looking for close to perfection then don't buy early is the only viable option.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
The issues I have are minor. I want folders and when looking in the library I want them to separate installed games from games you own and dont have istalled.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Extremely happy. Console is snappy. Haven't had a single issue with rest mode as I put my console in and out of that state with games running. Activity Cards has so far been incredible too. Maybe I have coil whine? I don't know, all I know is it's SUPER quiet compared to my PS4Pro lol All in all, pretty smitten over my big boi.

Alexander89

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
I really dont understand how can this forum be annoyed with 3 lol. You hear it for a few seconds every hour, thats such a problem?

I cannot go back to slow and old PS4 the console is great, Dual Sense feels next gen everyrime I hold it.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
If you don't like the PS5, just send it to me, OP. I don't mind about any of these issues ;p

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Got it for 3 weeks now, and only had 1 crash with demons souls. The disc only spins when i start the console up and sometimes i noticed randomly. But the spin only lastst a couple of second. And the LAN cable disconnected message is weird, thats the only thing that bothers me a lot. For the rest no problems at all, and i leave it in rest mode i have the lan cable connected and dont treat it different then any other console..

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
I have issues with some stuff but not to the point where I'm not satisfied with it. I'm sure future firmware updates will fix most of these things. I really do feel for the people who have been having constant issues though. Nothing to sour an experience like a defective console at launch.

Sep 12, 2018
4 problems I have, especially with the first 2 since I'm only sitting about 3 feet away from my console:

1. Some annoying coil whine while playing Demon's Souls
2. The disc drive spinning up randomly that's louder than my gaming PC at max usage with a 2070 Super in it, it just seems utterly backwards given how quiet the console is otherwise
3. I would like to be able to delete or hide games from my library that I bought on PS4 7 years ago, no longer have the disc for and/or the servers have gone down. Like as far as I'm concerned there should be zero reason for seeing Blacklight Retribution in my PS4 game library lol
4. It really really should be easier to just see what your friends are doing

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Have had quite a few software issues, which involve crashes and such - but it's just that; software issues and will get fixed over time.

The hardware itself and the whole experience they're going for is absolutely stellar and now it's just waiting for them to catch up to the promise.

Deleted member 20155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I finished Demon's Souls and flogged mine as the coil whine/crashing made me not want to bother with anything else on it. I will be back when something else exclusive and worth my time comes out, though. The coil whine was driving me nuts and the OS is a mess but nothing they can't easily fix over time.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My only real complaint is the store is garbage. Other than that and a few very minor quibbles with the GUI I feel like the PS5 is a markedly better experience. And most of my issues can be solved through firmware updates. I do really want folders back though.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OP, stop taking issues that affect a tiny minority of people as indicative of wider trends or norms. According to the recent PS5 noise poll, 77% of Era (roughly 1300 users) have a near silent system (completely inaudible at normal viewing distances), that's with those who don't even own the system being able to vote.

Likewise DualSense build quality issues are going to be outlier too. Anecdotally, I have none of the issues you've mentioned with my two pads.

Similarly, even though there are multiple different fans in systems, in scientific tests every variant of fan records a lower dB rating than the quietest console last gen, so it's literally a pointless thing to complain about.

Also, the disk drive whirring up every hour or more for a few seconds....really? You've listed that as a big issue? Lol.

About the only thing I would say has actually affected me in your list, is the UI being less intuitive in places, but it's still super fast and gorgeous, obviously something that'll improve over time.

Literally all console launches come with teething issues and a selection of faults. It sucks for those who have to deal with the issues, but you can't just presume everyone is suffering the same.

A golden rule of console adoption is that if you want to truly minimise your chances of having to deal with minor issues, you just don't buy a launch system, and instead wait for a system revision or several firmware updates.

Last edited:

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Poll heavily leans into a positive reception of the PS5, in contrast to what OP is trying to insinuate.

Expecting everything to be butter smooth for everybody from the get go is not a realistic attitude.

Enjoy your PS5 you all!

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
There are some issues sure (The PS Store, the defaulting to PS4-version, ...), but nothing I'm not used to getting a next gen console on day one. What matters is I'm getting a good and fun game experience.

Both consoles have their baby issues. Quick Resume is broken on Xbox for instance (it's a crap shoot of your quick resumed game will actually hold or crash back to the UI).

And it's a small pet peeve of me, but it's baffling that they finally have a share-button on Xbox (thank god) but you still have to go through Xbox Live hoops to get your screens of your Xbox if you didn't think of saving to a USB directly (which you have to designate as save destination every time you activate the console after shutdown). I need to use an external site or the Xbox app on PC to manually download every single screen? Really? Seven years after you started offering a screenshot function? Really? Oh, and if you have an early copy, don't think of getting your screens before the official release date, lol, because they just don't upload. (which is kind of crap if you have to review an unreleased game and you can use those screens with your article :P)

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
There are some minor niggles, yes, but overall I'd say it's a very good experience so far. It'll only get better as well.

Mar 23, 2018
I don't really like your poll because I'm having a great time but the OS needs work for sure. But for a launch console, I'm totally satisfied. I expect a certain level of OS problems, whether buggy or messy UX.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
The thing is that all these annoyances are extremely minor compared to the overall experience which is fantastic. Games are great and run very well, controller is great and the OS is fast.

Valkyria

Oct 26, 2017
Grasping for straws at best, concerned trolling at worst.
I'll go with first world problems.
Op sell the system today, make a profit and return in a year or 2 if you are still interested.

Onebadlion

Oct 27, 2017
Mine has been ok so far and hasn't crashed or behaved strangely once, but I am being very careful and have avoided using rest mode or external drives which seem to be the source of a lot of the issues people are having. I sit far enough from my console that I can't hear it most of the time, but its not entirely silent, and the disc does spin up frequently.

I am underwhelmed by the quality of materials used though. The console and controllers use very cheap looking and feeling plastic. I guess Sony had to compromise somewhere to hit their price target, but it doesn't compare well to other PlayStation consoles. I also have serious doubts that the DualSense will last too. Playing FIFA and they are quite noisy as the resistance kicks in and out. More moving parts usually means more potential points of failure. I hope I'm wrong, but based on the feel of them, I can't these controllers lasting a couple of years without problems. It made me laugh to hear people say they were "built like tanks" in the thread about them the other day.

Loadout

Oct 26, 2017
Israel
I'm only mildly annoyed by the "Explore" section thingy that the system forces you to look at every time you turn the console on or even wake it up from rest mode, most of the stuff you see there is mostly promos to games I don't care about and since they are sponsored by Playstation blog it's impossible to unsubscribe/unfollow. Other than that my experience has been slick and a major upgrade from PS4.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I agree. Got the console on release day and can`t say, I´ve been enjoying the "PS5-experience". It´s the instable OS and the broken rest-mode that damp my enthusiasm. Besides that I´m afraid to use an external SDD because of reports of crashing games and bricking consoles. At least it`s quiet. Hurray.

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
What is with the recent amount of threads trash talking the ps5 with one sided polls that completely go against what the OP is saying?

sun-drop

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
wellington , new zealand
I disagree with basically every single one of the OPs post.

Awesome console and incredible out of the gates impression for me at least. Although I've had none of the issues some people have reported

Status
Not open for further replies.