• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I hope Miles talks like an actual teenager in the game.

One part of me wants this miles not to rely too much on the spiderverse take on things.

The other part of me wants them to lean all the way in and copy as much as possible because spiderverse was so good.

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Prowler from the trailer:

3o3lNdN.jpg

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He had that Venom that wasn't Eddie Brock ... And now with Saladin Ahmed he has that guy who carries Ultimate items.
Snatcher, Starling(more of a black cat really), Assessor (villain but he doesn't fight), Quantum.

That's leaving out the jobbers like Ice Pharaoh

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the single most obvious inclusion possible.

Miles without Prowler, is like Peter without Ben and May.

I mean you either include Prowler in a Miles origin story or you assume the audience already knows, those are your two options basically. And going by this thread and the 'Which villain' thread, the latter option is apparently off the table
I never understood how people defended MCU Spidey never even saying the name Ben out loud simply because "we already know".

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm not up to date on continuity - what's Prowler's current 616 status? Is the Aaron stuff confined to the Ultimate universe, and Hobie's the main 616 Prowler, or did Aaron get moved over to 616 somehow?

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Given the purple lights for the villains Miles fights, I wouldn't be surprised if we see bits of Prowler's ITSV design in the PS5 game.
Yep. Villain of the first game, the Inner Demons, have the same art features than Mister Negative. Sable too.
So the purple lights is a hint for the villain, definitively.
In the trailer :
  • You fight a woman with "power gloves"
  • You chase someone which propell himself throught his feet (that one isn't easy to spot). Purple light too. His/Her head glow purple.
So no question on that.

The last villain of the trailer is some sort of red armor Sable. I don't now where he fits. So I think Prowler won't be a single villain.

Oct 25, 2017
Because we already know, you don't need to see the pearls scene in every Batman movie either.
And this excuse is bullshit because SAYING A NAME isn't the same as showing you the scene. Do you see the difference? Actively ignoring the fact that your main characters lost someone only hurts your movie. "We know" doesn't mean anything if it's a non factor.

Equating that is super disingenuous and you know that.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And this excuse is bullshit because SAYING A NAME isn't the same as showing you the scene. Do you see the difference? Actively ignoring the fact that your main characters lost someone only hurts your movie. "We know" doesn't mean anything if it's a non factor.
Do you genuinely believe that Ben's death didn't happen?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know much about the comics but I've seen Spider-verse dozens of times, and I really love that movie. However just now with you saying that, am I realizing that Miles' Uncle Aaron is his version of Peter's Uncle Ben. Holy shit

UnacceptableOccasionalDeermouse-max-1mb.gif
In the MCU he's Donald Glover who Peter webbed to the car in Homecoming

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017

You really feel some type of way about this whole Ben situation lol

Oct 25, 2017
Do you genuinely believe that Ben's death didn't happen?
As far as I can tell from those movies, no, actually.

Your main character's guardian is a widow, there is no argument for not acknowledging it. Spiderverse literally took 2 seconds to do it, did you roll your eyes then?

You really feel some type of way about this whole Ben situation lol
You really felt some type of way about my comment lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Lol I did it felt extra
I don't like when I state something clearly and then people exaggerate the point to counter it.

In what way would mentioning Uncle Ben have improved the story in Civil War or Homecoming?
Youre asking this to someone who doesn't like Homecoming at all so ... It easily would've made me sympathetic to him. Also, I don't have an issue with Civil War. You're doing the thing I described above.

Lmao

I just don't care at all, it's not a big deal to me. It's not a negative by any means.
Should I also just lol instead of not actually saying anything here?

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

The Mysterio tombstone illusion in Far Frome Home should have had Ben's there too

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Who should be in other than Prowler? I only know Miles from Spider-Verse. Any other important villains to him.

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Prowler in Into the Spider-Verse is handled waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then it is in the comics.

Aaron is a piece of shit in the comics, at least he was awful, I don't know if they turned the character around but holy shit was he detestable early on.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You dont need magic or psychic powers when you have a team of researchers. They already knew who Peter was, they know when Spider-Man first started showing up, a recent family death by a carjacker would be easy to find out.

Or, they take what they already know. He is the heir apparent to the richest man on earth that just saved a billion lives. This is a fight over control of Tony's legacy in the from of the AI.

And again, the guy creating the illusion is obsessed with Tony in the first place.

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I know is that Spiderverse made the character relatable and empathetic, where as he is a huge piece of shit in the comics.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Or, they take what they already know. He is the heir apparent to the richest man on earth that just saved a billion lives. This is a fight over control of Tony's legacy in the from of the AI.

And again, the guy creating the illusion is obsessed with Tony in the first place.
Being obsessed with Tony does not preclude them doing their due diligence on his heir. It actually makes more sense that he would do that.