• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
As most of you know, in Spider-Man PS4, Peter often communicates with multiple people through the headset in his mask. Nadji Jeter, the voice actor for Miles Morales in these Spider-Man games, went on IG Live during a recording session for these phone call segments, and he may have slipped a nod to Miles' most iconic villain.

www.youtube.com

THE PROWLER TEASED FOR MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN: MILES MORALES!!! Aaron Davis, Behind The Scenes, & More!

In a shocking turn of events, we seem to have received a SMALL TEASE to the essential confirmation of Aaron Davis, A.K.A. The Prowler, within Marvel's Spider...

This was the only source I could find for the video, but as you can see, he uses the term "Mr. Davis." Most likely referring to Aaron Davis. Most of you who have played the game know that Peter hides his identity when talking to people he knows as Spider-Man by referring to them as Mr./Mrs. (insert last name).

Thanks to Oneandonly16, the person recording with Nadji gives him the cue "I better check in with Uncle Aaron", giving more credence to his appearance in the game.

Y'all excited for Prowler.

EDIT: Here's a better look without the Youtube fluff

UPDATE: Here's Prowler from the trailer

Prowler from the trailer:

3o3lNdN.jpg

Last edited:

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Into The Spider-Verse introduced me to The Prowler, and yes, he needs to be in the game. Dude's fucking awesome.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
So are they taking a lot of inspiration from Spider-verse? Or is Prowler historically a really important villain for Miles?

Oneandonly16

Mar 11, 2019
The person giving him the cues says "I better check in with Uncle Aaron," before going into the voice actor giving the line.

I think this pretty much confirms his presence in the game

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Every time I watch the trailer my hype gets the best of me and I fail to do a breakdown lol
I might be wrong, its the same for me. But the guy walking with a winter jacket looks too old to be Miles, I just preassumed it was Aaron.

I actually replyed Spider-Man last week because of this trailer, and Miles mentions Aaron too, he says "gotta check in on Uncle Aaron"

edit: oops Oneandonly16 already wrote that - sorry!

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Probably the single most obvious inclusion possible.

Miles without Prowler, is like Peter without Ben and May.

I mean you either include Prowler in a Miles origin story or you assume the audience already knows, those are your two options basically. And going by this thread and the 'Which villain' thread, the latter option is apparently off the table

Last edited:

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
He's his uncle. It's pretty much the most important thing in Miles' history as Spider-Man.
I don't know much about the comics but I've seen Spider-verse dozens of times, and I really love that movie. However just now with you saying that, am I realizing that Miles' Uncle Aaron is his version of Peter's Uncle Ben. Holy shit

UnacceptableOccasionalDeermouse-max-1mb.gif

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Always down for more great Black superhero/villain characters so yes please.

Sidebar, that video of him doing VOs while swinging is hilarious LOL

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know much about the comics but I've seen Spider-verse dozens of times, and I really love that movie. However just now with you saying that, am I realizing that Miles' Uncle Aaron is his version of Peter's Uncle Ben. Holy shit

UnacceptableOccasionalDeermouse-max-1mb.gif
They literally spelled this out to you in the movie.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
One of the villains summoning a purple energy weapon of some sort in the trailer, I assumed it was the prowler because of spiderverse.

Into The Spider-Verse introduced me to The Prowler, and yes, he needs to be in the game. Dude's fucking awesome.
tumblr_pnfjt3xaET1r65eeio6_400.gif

This dude looked and sounded so much like my uncle that this had me bawling.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
You can't really do Miles without having Prowler there. It's an important part of the origin story.