• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
What is the evidence that it cut off the tail? That's what I'm asking.

What is the evidence that it didn't?

What we do know is that Nintendo released a new, drastically redesigned edition of the system, and the hardware sales plummeted.

At the same time Wii game sales still demonstrated that long tail, with Mario Kart Wii and the Just Dance games in particular continuing to do sustained crazy sales numbers when there was none of the hardware sales to boost those game sales.

It's not hard to point at the Wii Mini and figure that something went terribly wrong.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Probably not going to happen anytime soon but if the Lite drops to sub $200 I don't think I'd be able to resist, even with the potential analog stick drift.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, my hope is them dropping the Lite and Regular Switch prices and making the Pro $300.

Switch Lite $150, regular Switch $200-250, Pro Switch $300-350.

Still not sure a Pro Switch will actually happen this year, especially with COVID, but that's my hope.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Wait, I just realized the Switch has never had a price drop. Wtf.

Switch will drop to $250. Switch Pro will be $350.

enigmatic_alex44

GAGA IS A FLOP
Oct 25, 2017
You tried it.
Terrible.

It's too soon for a fully new console, and these half-step iterations were a tired idea last gen.

There is no point to a minor upgrade; what so you can play Hyrule Warriors: Age of Chromatica with a few extra frames per second and Witcher 3 runs at 300p instead of 280p?

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
What is the evidence that it didn't?
That's not how this works.

What we do know is that Nintendo released a new, drastically redesigned edition of the system, and the hardware sales plummeted.
Continued to plummet, on the trajectory they already were. It simply made no difference.

Unless you're suggesting that sales did not plummet in Japan, where this never released, I just don't understand the argument. The fact that sales did not stop going down after the mini released does not mean the mini made the sales go down.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Terrible.

It's too soon for a fully new console, and these half-step iterations were a tired idea last gen.

There is no point to a minor upgrade; what so you can play Hyrule Warriors: Age of Chromatica with a few extra frames per second and Witcher 3 runs at 300p instead of 280p?
That's why they're upgrades are optional - no one is forced to upgrade and the other versions are not leaving the market.

And yes there are plenty of people interested in a more powerful Switch.