• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 10, 2018
But noone is listening anymore. The new normal. Also racist, but of course, that wins you elections.

In his 45-minute speech to an audience of over 4,300, the president criticized American Jews who, he said, were not sufficiently supportive of the Jewish state.

Later, Trump told an anecdote about people saying that he wouldn't step down after a second term.

So now we have to start thinking about that, because it's not a bad idea," Trump said. The audience responded with chants of "12 more years."

"You have to vote for me, you have no choice," Trump said. "You're not going to vote for Pocahontas, I can tell you that," referring to Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, in a dig at her claiming Native American ancestry.

You're not going to vote for the wealth tax," he went on. "Let's take 100 percent of your wealth away. No, no. Even if you don't like me — and some of you don't; some of you, I don't like at all, actually — and you're going to be my biggest supporters because you'll be out of business in about 15 minutes."

In 2015, Trump, then a candidate, told the Republican Jewish Coalition that "you're not going to support me because I don't want your money. You want to control your politicians, that's fine."

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
This shit needs to be called out, as tiresome as it is. History won't look kindly on those who stood by and watched.

Oct 27, 2017
I just want him dead. I'm so fucking exhausted with his bullshit. Just die, you horrible racist rapist piece of shit boomer.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I am so tired of the president. History books will remember him as an awful stain on American and human history. A laughing stock to the world and majority of the country, a laughing stock that includes every one of his dumbass supporters.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Ah yes the 100 percent wealth tax.

Good for warren tho. Maybe trump has internal numbers showing her as the biggest threat.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
He's saying it but maybe we should criticize the audience he is speaking to which will in fact, vote for him, and also pour millions into making sure Democrats don't get elected.

Anyway, this isn't sustainable...

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The level of frenzied panic that rich people feel over marginally higher tax rates is really incredible and revealing.

Deleted member 6215

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The level of frenzied panic that rich people feel over marginally higher tax rates is really incredible and revealing.
I had someone at work casually tell me, "I'm just an average, middle-class guy with a family trying to get by. I don't know what I'm going to do if my taxes go up any more."

This person makes over $250k/year.

Yeah, it's fucked up and I have no idea how it changes.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Surely their individual charities they use as tax shelters will be more productive in influencing the world in the ways they desire more efficiently than the government though!

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
The real question is, how much of the establishment does he have to replace with his own scrotum licking goons in order for forcing him out to no longer be on the table?
I've thought about it for sure. The military survey that showed like half the respondents looking at Russia as an ally is an eye-opener. With all the right wing nuts going on about civil war, I could totally see them recruiting Russia to help overthrow the rest of the US. Its scary shit. They could have a good chunk of the military, police force and another country on their side.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
Americans elected a corrupt authoritarian working for a hostile foreign nation. There is no coming back from that.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for re-affirming one antisemitic statement with another.

Do you think every American Jew supports Israel blindly? In fact most American Jews are liberal and hate Trump with a passion.

their point is that the media is cool with antisemitism, islamophobia, war crime defenses, and so on so long as it's all couched in pro-Israel rhetoric

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
The sad part is his base will yuk it up, this asshole will not go out quietly when he loses. This is what he wanted to do from Day 1.

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
Thankfully, Trump will most likely be dead soon so he won't be able to try and stay on. But, yeah, people need to stop pretending that he is not a fascist.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've thought about it for sure. The military survey that showed like half the respondents looking at Russia as an ally is an eye-opener. With all the right wing nuts going on about civil war, I could totally see them recruiting Russia to help overthrow the rest of the US. Its scary shit. They could have a good chunk of the military, police force and another country on their side.
The only saving grace is he is an obese, old man who likely won't even make it past another term without merging with oblivion. We would be way more fucked if he was in his 40s or 50s.

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
The sad part is his base will yuk it up, this asshole will not go out quietly when he loses. This is what he wanted to do from Day 1.
Yeah he's being saying shit like this since the Republican primary season in 2015. Its always been dismissed as a joke. Yet here we are 4 years later. People think Michael Cohen was joking when he said this. Its blatantly obvious at this point. Stayin in power is the only way he avoids jail. He'd burn the country down to prevent that.

The only saving grace is he is an obese, old man who likely won't even make it past another term without merging with oblivion. We would be way more fucked if he was in his 40s or 50s.
I hope you're right.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
You're not going to vote for the wealth tax," he went on. "Let's take 100 percent of your wealth away. No, no. Even if you don't like me — and some of you don't; some of you, I don't like at all, actually — and you're going to be my biggest supporters because you'll be out of business in about 15 minutes."
Lmao.

This is our President.

Mar 16, 2019
Thank you for re-affirming one antisemitic statement with another.

Do you think every American Jew supports Israel blindly? In fact most American Jews are liberal and hate Trump with a passion.
To clarify, I don't mean Jews specifically. I more mean that it won't be a big story that Trump is antisemitic and saying antisemitic things. To what degree that is because of the media, or because average people don't care is hard to say.
For more background, I've been following the UK elections, so my post was also coming from that context, where the media and various other organizations are baselessly slandering Corbyn as an antisemite, but ignore the rampant antisemitism, islamophobia, and racism from Johnson and the Conservatives. It seems to me that Corbyn's more pro-Palestine views are a big part of that dynamic.
The situation isn't quite the same in the US, probably partly because Bernie is Jewish, so trying to paint him as an antisemite would be more difficult. Also, American Jews are, as you note, more liberal compared to the UK where more Jews are aligned with the Conservative Party.

Hopefully I am wrong, and people will take Trump's antisemitism seriously.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Republicans love the idea of a cosmic king who harms the unworthy with hell and suffrage, and they now have a human being with that same capabilities in charge of the government.

Mark my words, the GOP will normalize and go along with this. This isn't a red line because there is no fucking red line.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
What a repulsive piece of garbage. In reality, the worst possible candidate was elected and runs the United States.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
"No, no. Even if you don't like me — and some of you don't; some of you, I don't like at all, actually"

this is wow, the Donald letting his honesty slip.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."

People knew what they were getting when they voted for him.

I had someone at work casually tell me, "I'm just an average, middle-class guy with a family trying to get by. I don't know what I'm going to do if my taxes go up any more."

40wWY.jpg

This image never gets old.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Does he have like 6 kids or something?

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao.

This is our President.
Nothing different than what he's said and done in the past. He's always aimed for people's livelihoods.

"Vote for me or you'll be out of business"
"Vote for me or they'll tax all your money away"
"Stay on my side or have you replaced"
"Do what I want or you won't get this aid, money, support, etc"

From business leaders to world leaders to the GOP, it's all the same story.