• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best Score

• Prequels

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • Originals

Votes: 151 51.9%
  • Sequels

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Music-wise, the PT is good but doesn't hold a candle to the OT. The ST is nothing.

edit - lol back to back "nothing" comments for the ST.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I remember many songs of the originals, and none of the others. Even Duel of the Fate fades in my mind, I have to rewatch the scene to refresh it.

Sayuz

Apr 29, 2019
I would have to give it to the prequels personally. I think the OT is more iconic, of course, but I think the prequels have the better score altogether.

What truly made me appreciate their music was the section of the documentary "The Prequels Strike Back", which goes into the way the music of the prequels really tells the story as much as the visuals do.

I found this clip, which is a section of that discussion:

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
It's OT>PT>ST, but there's a pretty wide gap between PT and ST. Duel of Fates really is that awesome.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I'm a big fan of the originals and very much not a fan of the prequels, but yeah, I think I can give this one to the prequel stans. The music in all three movies is phenomenal. The originals still have the music I'm the most nostalgic about, but if there's anything the prequels did well it was ambiance and soundtrack.

Hell, Duel of the Fates alone blows most of the rest of the music in the entire series out of the water.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
See, this I can agree. Prequels music was very good. Sequel was rather uninspired, although I really like Rey's theme.

Although this is my weak point

Lost it when it started to play in TLJ.

Nickgia

Dec 30, 2017
It's pretty close between the prequels and OT. I can't remember anything from the sequel trilogy.