• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rubbishmonkey

Oct 27, 2017
I wish neither project modified the UI or put splash screens or any of that crap on it. Certainly don't want Retroarch to be on there and visible unless I tell it to. At least with Hakchi on the NES and SNES (and I guess Genesis, I haven't modded mine yet) you can turn off the splash screen. I basically don't want branding all over or for their to be presentation changes. I really just want to add more games for the system it was made for and that's it.

Bleemsync/ERIS does work and it works well, but it still has that splash, then there's a different menu to get into the games and there's a RA icon. Just... let me present it as it was but with more games!

Its pretty easy to customise autobleem themes.. if you change the backgrounds you cant see any branding
Im working on some of the playstation patent drawings for my pre-menu screen, such as

ialKxn5.png

(WIP)

Then i might replace my current menu with this wallpaper.. its this thing i photoshopped atm :

Fj7YuRX.png

Would be nice if it just went straight to the games though

shnitzel

Dec 3, 2017
Sooo, i decided to try out Project Eris and it's been pretty great. The only thing which wont work is N64 games through retroarch. They all stutter, especially the sound. Even Mario Kart 64, which works perfectly fine on my snes mini. I tried all cores available on the Project Eris page with different settings. Any ideas?

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I'm using the latest version of Autobleem/Retroboot. Whenever I run a Dreamcast game, the game screen is small with big black borders around it. After a bit of consulting, I went to the main settings in Retroboot, then Video, then Scaling, and turned Integer Scale to 'OFF'. That was supposed to do the trick, but it hasn't worked on any of the games. And weirdly, every time I go back to the Scaling menu, Integer Scale has turned itself back to 'ON'.

Anybody got any ideas?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hope someone can help, no luck so far on the official discord.

Had bleemsync installed ages ago and been in the mood to play some ps classic so updated to project eris.

Everything seemed to be fine but I started playing legend of dragoon and the game would start slowing down and inputs would take 3-5 seconds to work or in some cases act like I'm holding it down in one direction.

Looked it up and turned frames kip off as some suggested but still had issues. Bought an otg cable to bypass the USB power limiter and it seemed to be working but started to slow down again.

Going into the share+triangle menu is a real crawl as everything is super slow to react.

I'm using the 8bitdo adapter with my ds4 and I updated the firmware on that too.

Just have no idea why it's doing it, was really looking forward to playing it but eris has been giving me nothing but problems at the moment.

Any advice would be welcome.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
User Banned (1 Week): Requesting piracy related links
Any good site to download some ps1 games?
Been having trouble finding it that does not give me 300 warnings from my antivirus

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
Well that USB power limitation sure seems complicated. I've installed ERIS without issue with a random USB Stick, and then it booted on it great. Next after adding some files, it refuses to boot on this.
Guess I'll have to try another USB Stick, or use the OTG port? ( Should be already available by default since I installed ERIS, right?)

oni_gank

Banned
May 13, 2019
I have bought and been messing with this thing for a couple weeks now (project Eris installed), and I love this mini console. It's just like having a powerful retro machine in an official console shell.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Did you scan your usb stick/drive for errors? One of the first things I always check.
How would I go about doing this?

Also, is there anyway to check to make sure erie is installed properly?

Only reason I ask is bleemsync was working perfectly but eris seems to slow stuff down after a while and accessing the options menu in game brings it to a grinding halt. Could just be legend of dragoon since I didn't play that on bleemsync but I also had issues with street fighter alpha 3 where my directional inputs were messing up after a while.

Bosco82

Apr 3, 2018
Hook the drive up to your pc, right click on it, click properties. Then go to tools and check for errors.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
What are the causes of delayed/cut off audio samples in games? In the first Tomb Raider the voice clips are cut short, and in another Looney Tunes games the clips are delayed...

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to write the games to the internal flash storage? I simply want to replace some of the random junk games (and insert the NTSC versions for the PAL games). I have no need to make this a main emulation box (PC is for that!).

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Is it possible to write the games to the internal flash storage? I simply want to replace some of the random junk games (and insert the NTSC versions for the PAL games). I have no need to make this a main emulation box (PC is for that!).
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but you cannot remove/replace them. However, you can hack the system to change them all to NTSC to correct the PAL issue.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I updated to Autobleem 0.9 and none of my games are launching from autobleem by pressing x. I can only launch them using retroboot and they work fine.
Any idea why?

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Setting up Project Eris now. Pretty cool desktop app.
Project-Eris_DarkLogo.png

I like it a lot.

I still need to buy an OTG adapter. I still can't seem to find a good model though?
Which ones are people using?

Edit2: finally found one supplier here in Switzerland:

USB 3.1 Typ C OTG Y-Kabel 3 in 1 mit Strom-Funktion

USB 3.1 Typ C Schnellladekabel OTG Y-Kabel 3 in 1 mit Strom-Funktion
Should work hopefully...

Last edited:

mausterhunter

Feb 1, 2019
Setting up Project Eris now. Pretty cool desktop app.
Project-Eris_DarkLogo.png

I like it a lot.

I still need to buy an OTG adapter. I still can't seem to find a good model though?
Which ones are people using?

Edit2: finally found one supplier here in Switzerland:

USB 3.1 Typ C OTG Y-Kabel 3 in 1 mit Strom-Funktion

USB 3.1 Typ C Schnellladekabel OTG Y-Kabel 3 in 1 mit Strom-Funktion
Should work hopefully...

I've been using this one.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Did those work in the end?

Do you have to use an OTG adapter to install Eris?
No, you don't need an OTG to install Eris. An older USB 2.0 stick seems to be recommended for that.

Once you have Project Eris installed you can plug in the OTG in the back and run USB 3.0. So yeah, it works like a charm. Have a 128 GB stick and running all my stuff off it. It's all much faster + it frees up a controller port.

Oct 31, 2017
No, you don't need an OTG to install Eris. An older USB 2.0 stick seems to be recommended for that.

Once you have Project Eris installed you can plug in the OTG in the back and run USB 3.0. So yeah, it works like a charm. Have a 128 GB stick and running all my stuff off it. It's all much faster + it frees up a controller port.

So the OTG is basically there to let you use USB 3.0 sticks (+free controller port 2 in the process) ? Is it that much faster in game like better load times, etc.?

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a start to finish, completely dummies guide to this available?

When I say "this", I mean ideally replacing the games on the system itself without a bunch of cables or USB's hooked up to it?

EDIT: Oh, it looks like Project Eris might be all I need? That's a new thing entirely since the last time I looked.

Last edited:

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the bump, but anyone have any experience running PSP games on this thing? Last time I looked into it things were just really kicking off, and trying to brush up on developments over the last year and a half, I've heard mixed things about just using a retroarch core and that especially with ERIS it's better to use the standalone app, but is there much in the way of slowdown? Also how likely is it to run something at higher than native resolution, whether it's PS1, N64, PSP, etc?

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
It's been some time now, but I played a few PSP games on mine. SF Alpha 3 Max ran perfectly fine except the intro stuttered. I remember playing Dracula X Chronicles briefly and it might have been a tad iffy. And honestly, the PSP core at the time was pretty early, so it might have been better optimized in the interim. But it was far more consistently functional than the Dreamcast core was at the time.
Oh nice, Dracula X Chronicles was one of the exact games I was wondering about haha. I'm really hopeful things have been ironed out more. I know particularly there was a lot of hope for 3D emulation to improve because the Classic can support Vulkan instead of just OpenGL but I dunno if much has been developed on that front.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Now that I've gotten the Genesis Mini pretty much setup where I want it, I was thinking of revisiting the PSC next. I think I already had Project Eris installed, but it's been a while so I might have to double-check and make sure the firmware is up-to-date.

One thing I was curious about: I heard a lot of praise about Duckstation, and was just wondering how the PSC compared from a visual and performance standpoint. I'm sure there's limits to what the Classic can do in regards to prettying up PSX games, but I'm curious what's the most you can accomplish, again from a visual and performance standpoint.

I've mentioned this a few times before, but I'm honestly not a fan of the scanline/CRT look. However, if there's a shader that people swear by when it comes to the PSX, I'm willing to give it an honest look.

On an unrelated note, I'd love to apply the best mods to Xenogears. Last I checked, there were only two noteworthy mods: one that speeds the text and another that restores the Japanese dub.

Seeing what they did with Saga Frontier Remastered has me praying profusely that Xenogears gets the same treatment.

Krathoon

Oct 27, 2017
I notice in the latest release of the cores that there is a neon, but not a neon xtream. Is that the latest neon xtream?

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Funny seeing this thread bumped, I was just considering just how much I missed the boat when PS Classics were being bargain-binned years back and how I now wish to have a little HDMI-ready all-digital PS1 set-up for playing on a 1080p TV. Looking on eBay you'd be lucky to find a Classic new-in-box for less than 70 dollars, though I suppose a used unit wouldn't be the end of the world.

Question: since it seems Project Eris is the new hotness for installing your own games, though I have to ask: is compatibility better using the unit's built-in emulator or is it practically required to install Retroarch?

OP
OP
Inugami

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Funny seeing this thread bumped, I was just considering just how much I missed the boat when PS Classics were being bargain-binned years back and how I now wish to have a little HDMI-ready all-digital PS1 set-up for playing on a 1080p TV. Looking on eBay you'd be lucky to find a Classic new-in-box for less than 70 dollars, though I suppose a used unit wouldn't be the end of the world.
It's just so hard to justify one these days. Wired controllers, no lan or Bluetooth, messy dongle setup if you want to hold a decent amount of games, lack luster collection of built in titles, and the price isn't much better than a pi 4 kit and a generic Bluetooth controller.

As is, mine is on the shelf with it's controllers as a display item.

As for your questions, I honestly haven't been keeping up. RetroArch was pretty much required before and I don't see how they could have improved the native emulator since then.

I'm also so spoiled by Retroachievements that going back to playing games without them is kind of a downer.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
So with the whole RetroArch debacle from the last couple of weeks, I was wondering what kinds of multi emulation alternatives you would recommend.

Both PC and PS Classic of course.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
I use AutoBleem on mine - that's not RA-based is it? Doesn't look like it.
(And last I used my PSC, it ran fine with AutoBleem so try that?)

Krathoon

Oct 27, 2017
I ran a game in Retroarch on Project Eris and saved a game to the memcard. Then I ran the same game in the carousel and the save did not come up in the memory card menu. The carousel also uses Retroarch. If I go into Retroarch and re-select the game and the core I was using, the save game shows up again. Does the carousel save in a different spot?

I did edit the intercept file to use the core I wanted. So the carousel should be using that core. So, I am not quite certain what is going on.

Krathoon

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. It looks like the carousel and Retroarch save in different spots. Kinda shitty. So, you have to pick one or the other to play your games.

I ran into some minor glitches with the neon emulator when I played Alundra 2. It blew up the loading animation and put a grey bar on the side of the screen when it played the intro video. This was with the resolution doubled, so that might be causing it.

There is some slow down when there was rain in the game. So, it may be better to run it in normal resolution.

Last edited:

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
I ran a game in Retroarch on Project Eris and saved a game to the memcard. Then I ran the same game in the carousel and the save did not come up in the memory card menu. The carousel also uses Retroarch. If I go into Retroarch and re-select the game and the core I was using, the save game shows up again. Does the carousel save in a different spot?

I did edit the intercept file to use the core I wanted. So the carousel should be using that core. So, I am not quite certain what is going on.

It depends how you've been using it from what I remember (I wrote much of the RA memory card linking that Project Eris used but it's been 2 or 3 years since I last thought about it).

If you've been using and launching RA directly then yes it will have been saving in to its own folders, and if you now want to revert to using the stock UI/emulator I think you would have to manually move those files into the correct folders on your USB drive (RA saves are named .srm but they are the same format as the .mcd files the stock emulator used, you just need to move them to within your games folder within the .pcsx/memcards folder on your drive).

If you've continued to use the stock UI and just configured it to launch the RA emulator then the scripts within Project Eris should have taken care of making sure your saves get stored in a location that either RA (when launched via the stock UI) or the stock emulator can access. The only thing which was not interchangeable between the different emulators were save states.

Krathoon

Oct 27, 2017
I will try fiddling around with the Playstation emulators. I am wondering if the double resolution setting is what is causing some of the glitches with Alundra 2. I may have to turn that off.
I was also going to try it with the stock emulator.

Edit: Yep. The double resolution was causing the grey bar on the videos. Still, it is stretching the loading screen in Alundra 2 for some reason.
I have seen video that the stock emulator handles that right. Has there been problems with the stock emulator? I may switch back to it and use the Retroarch emulators if the stock emulator has problems.

Last edited:

Krathoon

Oct 27, 2017
Now, I setup a Retropie.
I will have to see how you can select the different Playstation emulators on the Retropie. It did not jump out at me. I forgot to try Alundra 2 again. I also need to see if I can double the resolution without problems. The Retropie also has Duckstation.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Lol damn this thread is old! I had a lot of fun fiddling with my PS Classic w/ Retroboot but I eventually moved onto an actual PS1 with XStation on a CRT. Nice to know its just 100% hardware accurate and I only ever used the PSC for PS1 games so 🤷‍♂️

If I ever need to downsize I'll probably bust it out again because I loved the setup.
youtu.be

Playstation Classic minimal dashboard (Retroboot 0.9)

Setup:Samsung 128gb MicroSD https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XWZWYVP/Sandisk MicroSD reader https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G5JV2B5/AuviPal OTG Cabl...

OP
OP
Inugami

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Lol damn this thread is old! I had a lot of fun fiddling with my PS Classic w/ Retroboot but I eventually moved onto an actual PS1 with XStation on a CRT. Nice to know its just 100% hardware accurate and I only ever used the PSC for PS1 games so 🤷‍♂️
Tell me about it on the old part.

As for me, I'm waiting and hoping the SD card adapter method of playing backups on PS2 will eventually support PS1 games. Then I'll dig out my old system and use that when I'm looking for accuracy.

Krathoon

Oct 27, 2017
There are definitely some bugs with the Playstation emulators on the PS Classic. That is why I am checking if it is better on the Retropie. I did find out that N64 emulation is pretty crappy on it.