• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Era please help me.

I need new pillows. The comfiest pillows ever. I don't care how much they cost. I'm a side sleeper and I just don't know what to buy, I'm overwhelmed. If this was a graphics card I would compare performance, look for the sweet spot in value with the feature set I want, but buying pillows is much harder than buying computer parts. It's the wild west out there.

I don't want to buy anything from the Trump bootlicker guy, but at least he's got some branding that I can recognize. I'm looking for the pillow equivalent of a Ryzen 3700X, just that perfect sweet spot of price to performance. Please, Era, save me from these gross old pillows I've been uncomfortably sleeping with for years. I just don't know where else to look.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
As a side sleeper, make sure that your neck is straight when you rest your head, make sure it provides the proper height. Everything else is secondary.

Obi

Oct 27, 2017
Shredded memory foam pillows are pretty great. This is the one I have. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EINBSJ2/
You can add or remove fill to get just right amount of lift. Smells terrible for a week or two though. And every now and then it clumps up and I need to tumble it in the dryer.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I can tell you that Casper pillows were duds and don't waste your time with those. They started out great but they degrade so rapidly. I really regret the purchase.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Was thinking of making this thread myself. I got a MyPillow almost a year ago (I heard all the glowing praise from family members long before I heard the creator was an asshole) and now it's flat and customer service won't get back to me on a replacement.

Back sleeper here.

buttzilla

Sep 9, 2020
Check out Wirecutter's in depth reviews for all types of sleepers

www.nytimes.com

The Best Bed Pillows

After spending more than 1,000 nights testing hundreds of pillows, we have a range of favorites, so you can pick the right one for you.

zou

Oct 29, 2017
the iso cool pillows used to be perfect until they started producing cheap shit to save a buck :/

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Shredded memory foam pillows are pretty great. This is the one I have. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EINBSJ2/
You can add or remove fill to get just right amount of lift. Smells terrible for a week or two though. And every now and then it clumps up and I need to tumble it in the dryer.
2nd! I have 3 of these pillows. My g/f and I use them for her place and she has one at my place. I also need a 2nd smaller pillow under it due to where I put my arms when I sleep,

Matrix Monkey

Dec 30, 2017
I'm also a side sleeper. Went from a standard pillow to this:

Bed Bath & Beyond | The Best Deals Online: Furniture, Bedding, Rugs, Kitchen Essentials & Moree

Let BedBathandBeyond.com help you discover designer brands & home goods at the lowest prices online. With free shipping on EVERYTHING*. See for yourself why shoppers love our selection & award-winning customer service.

Best pillow I've ever had by far. Obviously I haven't tried every pillow and this was my first memory foam one so there may be something better out there.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I have this from Costco:

Comfort-Revolution-Hydraluxe-Bed-Pillow-Costco-2.jpg

I actually prefer it over Tempurpedic's pillow.

TMC

Oct 27, 2017

Yup, got one of these a few weeks ago (but the more expensive gel infused one) and couldn't be happier. I was in the same boat as the OP. This is the one.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
So glad OP made this thread. My memory foam pillows are retaining too much heat, I was looking at a Purple pillow as an alternative to keep cool during the summer. Does anybody here have any opinions on those before I pull the trigger on a $100+ single pillow?

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have terrible luck with pillows. Every type of memory foam, every kind of cooling technology, every odd ass size and shape... they all start out fine and then either get too soft or too hard.

Eventually I went back to a goose down filled pillow and it was surprising how comfortable it was. Even if it gets beaten down, it just needs a quick fluff and it's good as new.

OP
OP
Arc

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yep yep yep. This is it
This is what I have and I would definitely recommend it.
Yup, got one of these a few weeks ago (but the more expensive gel infused one) and couldn't be happier. I was in the same boat as the OP. This is the one.
This is what I have too and I love them. Life-changing.

Hell yeah, a consensus. Ordered.

Thanks everyone!