• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Like "Miss me with that BS" or something...
How does one parse that? This is something I've been only noticing recently, I don't live under a rock or anything. But even googling for explanation doesn't seem to be making sense in my head. I might just be getting too old for this shit.

Also do people actually use it in real life? As in actual spoken conversation?

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It basically means "take this somewhere else, I'm not interested"

But it can also mean "I disagree so strongly I'd rather you fuck off"

Like I wouldn't say "Miss me with that" to someone who likes a different sports team. But to someone trying to share an anti-vaxx youtube video to you? Sure.

OP
OP

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
it means they're trying to feed you some bullshit and you're dodging it like neo

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Like always, the progressive resetera confused by slang used by PoC on a daily basis.

OP
OP

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
I am confused because contextually I couldn't parse it, may be people are using it in multiple ways. I get the "don't even come at me with that BS" context, but posters are using it in other contexts.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Miss me with slang I've been using finding a new audience. Now got to find another phrase till a Era thread is made about that.

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Like "Miss me with that BS" or something...
How does one parse that? This is something I've been only noticing recently, I don't live under a rock or anything. But even googling for explanation doesn't seem to be making sense in my head. I might just be getting too old for this shit.

Also do people actually use it in real life? As in actual spoken conversation?

Means you're throwing garbage and seeing what sticks.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I am confused because contextually I couldn't parse it, may be people are using it in multiple ways. I get the "don't even come at me with that BS" context, but posters are using it in other contexts.

LOL awww

OP, just know that you aren't far off the mark if you understand it to mean "don't even come at me with that bs," because pretty much every other context isn't that far removed from this pivotal meaning.

Just know that, tonally, "miss me with that" implies an utmost level of dismissiveness, either for the topic being brought up, the person bringing up the topic, or both. You would never use this phrase for things you actually care about, or on a person whose opinions you generally respect.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have always liked the phrase, simple and to the point with the implication subjects closed. If Resetera is making threads about it though time to move on.