• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
EgumifUXsAAT88j
1058357.jpg

GolazoDan

Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen the "it only kills people with other conditions" as this slam dunk argument they seem to think it is.
Seriously. That and claiming these deaths "don't count" because of these other conditions. It's like saying a person with a heart condition dying of a heart attack wasn't killed by the heart attack.

Tremis

Oct 29, 2017
Someone reply to that account with the Pokémon meme. They deserve it at this point.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
We were talking about this in the covid19 thread. This is the right wing talking point. It's so dumb.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
It's insane a disease is somehow political. Imagine if after John McCain died his Twitter account talked about how cancer is not that bad.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
You know, if i was a writer at satire pages like "The Onion" i would just quit, because at this point i'm not sure that even with the most cranky mind one could follow the crazyness of the real world.

Btw. HOW can you promote this shit when the person that this account belonged to actually dies of the disease. It's not even long after that happened.

This is dangerous.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I just can't stop laughing at this. This is all just too much. The planet is fucking insane.

EDIT: Wow the tweet's already been taken down. Picture grabbed for posterity:

AFak695.jpg

Someone should tell Herman Cain that the mainstream media got it wrong again, man.

Speaking of Herman, how's he doing these days?

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Besides getting into the tastelessness of using the Twitter of a man that literally died from COVID (even if I found him despicable) to promote the idea that it is not that dangerous, the idea that it is not a big deal because most people that died of it had underlying conditions is so ridiculous. It not only lessens the value of those with underlying conditions but also ignores the fact that per the CDC, 6 in 10 American adults have a chronic disease and 4 in 10 adults have two or more chronic diseases that probably qualify as an underlying condition. There is no reason to find the fact that those that die overwhelmingly had a preexisting condition because a significant percentage of the American public does in fact have an underlying condition.

Thanks for this - I'm sure I'll see this meme floating around social media today. This will be useful to share.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Wonder if anyone ever did a medical study on all those folks at Jonestown? Could be they all just had an underlying condition. 🤷‍♀️

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
People are really really pushing the narrative that since CDC said 94% of covid deaths had underlying conditions that somehow makes it okay.

These people just aren't worth arguing with, an otherwise healthy person with asthma who could continue living a fairly normal healthy life is more likely to die when contracting covid. If anything doesn't this make things worse? So many individuals have underlying health issues in our country, not just the elderly.

The ones pushing this narrative will only change their tune when it affects them personally. It's sad, and gross.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shit is beyond parody at this point. How can you look at this and not call these people a cult?

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, in a parallel universe where our universe exists as movies:

Weekend at Herman Cain's (2020).

Like, seriously, what are you on that makes you deny the disease that killed the man?

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Literally impersonating a dead man.

Twitter should lock the account, or at the absolute MINIMUM remove the Verified checkmark. That is not Herman Cain, because Herman Cain is fucking dead.

Ghouls.