• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
unknown.png

Did you already take advantage of Steam's tag system?
FrequentEsteemedCrane-size_restricted.gif

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
as someone that loves front mission i'm still intrigued by left alive but that game looks crappy

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Just got put on tech support duty when visiting the family lol.
Not even 10 minutes and i'm tasked to put in a DVD drive, new HDD, and upgrade a GPU from Nvidia to AMD.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be it, as Firefox is already using the stable version it looks like. However, it did remind me of something that was 100% not a thing for me before my new PC - I bought a new monitor, a 1440p 144hz one, and my "side" monitor is still 1080p 60hz. I hadn't even thought if that could be doing it but I wouldn't be shocked if it was. Even though it's definitely bringing the games / videos to way under 60hz but that at least is something else to search for.

Windows is a bit finicky when it comes to dealing with two different refresh rates at the same time, but I'm not sure if I've experienced lower framerate as a result of it. It's mostly stuttering if I'm dealing with them at the same time.

Is your monitor G-Sync compatible?

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be it, as Firefox is already using the stable version it looks like. However, it did remind me of something that was 100% not a thing for me before my new PC - I bought a new monitor, a 1440p 144hz one, and my "side" monitor is still 1080p 60hz. I hadn't even thought if that could be doing it but I wouldn't be shocked if it was. Even though it's definitely bringing the games / videos to way under 60hz but that at least is something else to search for.

I just built a new PC and have this exact same issue. My main monitor is 1440p 144 Hz and 2 other monitors are 1080p 60hz. If I try to play a game and have video on one of the other monitors, the video is super choppy. Haven't been able to track down how to fix it so let me know if you do. My 1440p monitor is G-Sync but not sure if that matters.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
The US is evil.
Canada is corrupt and soon evil.
THQ are pedos.

Someone please give me some good news... I need it.

Deleted member 12447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
X960klJ.png

EfSbeZ4.png

2B0QzXu.png

My Time At Portia
- arts&crafts
Did you love Stardew Valley? Does Animal Crossing make you smile? Are you looking for a semi-relaxing game that can be played at your leisure? If you answered maybe to any of the previous questions then do I have a game for you! My Time at Portia is a charming 3D Pseudo-RPG Simulation game that recently left Early Access. As a young builder you move to a new land to take over your father's workshop for a chance at a new life. The game has a plethora of different features and activities. Meet and make friends with the town folk, complete commissions for money and fame, get married, decorate your house or build a farm with animals and crops, fish, explore dungeons and battle monsters with real time combat! There is a lot more where that came from but the sentence was getting long, so check out the free Demo on Steam and try it for yourself!

Yakuza Kiwami
- arbok26
You just played Yakuza Zero. You were blown away by it (right?). Well here's some more Yakuza goodness for you. Yakuza Kiwami is the remake of the first game on PS2 from 2005. It's actually quite remarkable how the structure of today's Yakuza's are to the very first game. Of course back then, there weren't as many side stories and mini games, so this remake attempts to make the overall game experience quite similar to the more modern Yakuza Zero. The main differences between Zero and Kiwami is that the main story is a bit shorter now, you only control Kazuma Kiryu and there are a few mini games missing from Zero not found here, such as Disco and Arcade Games. The game was released at a budget price and with a pretty quick turnaround in development time in Japan so I suppose at that time it was made for fans who loved Zero and wanted more. For those who haven't played Yakuza Zero, I'd recommend that one first and for those sitting on the fence on this series still, please give Zero a shot, you can beat bad guys, with a motorbike, and break his face against a car door, and then eat some ramen and go bowling and chill at a hostess club.

Anthem
- texhnolyze
Bioware's Anthem is the latest entry in the shared-world loot shooter genre, including The Division, Destiny, and Warframe. In fact, Anthem feels like the combination of them all, with heavy influence from Mass Effect in gameplay and mechanics. In Anthem, you'll spend most of your time flying around in a robot suit called a javelin, killing and looting enemies along the way as you build your ultimate killing machine. Just like a Bioware game, there will be story to follow, but it won't be the main focus of the game. It's a loot shooter through and through, you start from the hub, customizing and maximizing your javelin, then you pick a contract or an expedition, and you'll arrive in the corresponding map. Explore the shared open world space where you can freely roam with others, hack n slash enemies with melee or shoot them with your big guns, exploit enemies' weakness and perform sick chain skill combos with your team mates to obliterate them.

Sunless Skies
- Uzzy
Sunless Skies, developed by Failbetter Games, is a Gothic Horror RPG/Naval Exploration/Choose Your Own Adventure. With the British Empire under the immortal Queen Victoria having conquered the Solar System, you play as the Captain of your own Steamship, sailing amongst the stars, exploring and seeking your own destiny.

A very British game, Sunless Skies takes you on an adventure through the nightmares and glory of Victorian Britain, the conquests and science and exploration and oppression and exploitation. Failbetter's signature focus on writing is the main focus here, weaving it's tale of Empire and all the atrocities and stupidity fuelling the great machine. Also tea. So much tea.

ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN
- ZKenir
The Ace Combat franchise is back after seven years to the beloved fictional world of Strangereal. This world is similar to our own but with different historical events and landmasses, this allows the developers to create an interesting mix of RPG and military game unique to this franchise.
The team of Ace Combat 04 and Ace Combat 5, two of the best games of the series has been brought back to work on Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown, which goes back to the series roots and follows the story of the Onsean Federation (Onsea) and the Kingdom of Erusea, as the latter declares war on the former.

Ace Combat 7 allows players to further customize the great variety of aircrafts available by spending points earned in single and multiplayer modes for parts, which is one of my favourite aspects of the game.
Both modes are fun to play and the multiplayer features a Deathmatch and a Battle Royale mode, the latter being 8 players facing each other in a free-for-all deathmatch.
To sum up the game satifies both returning veterans and new players alike with its story and thrilling aerial fights.

D7sTtCN.png

Hard West
- Tizoc
Hard West is a turn based tactics game with a wild west setting. Control Warren as travels the western frontier seeking revenge against the demonic forces that destroyed his life as he recruits allies to his cause along his journey.

The game consists of 8 main scenarios and has various difficulty options allowing you to tweak the gameplay to your preference whether you want to make your experience easier or harder.

The main goal for this challenge is to simply complete the main game's scenarios.

People who have completed the challenge:

xM8izhq.png

Catherine Classic
- Uzzy
It's February, and that means Valentine's Day, and what better way to celebrate that by spending some quality time with your waifu? Get the 'Starting a New Life' or 'Lord of the Night' achievement in Catherine!

People who have completed the challenge:

zIlAMZZ.png

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J- ROCK/POP.

xOQEs5n.png

tGKe2ZK.png

The SteamERA Community was founded on Discord on October 2017, a stranded bunch of SteamGAF who united together and embraced on what we thought was the end of times. However as more people joined we found hope and soon started to formulate and plan for the future. This thread would not be possible without the community we have on Discord and I encourage all of you to join if you have not.

You can join this amazing community on Discord with this hidden link that you need to quote:

[Hidden content]

discooord

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So much of Mass Effect 2 was dedicated to fleshing out characters and set up for you to bring to the larger conflict of 3 that was squandered to such a terrible degree that I doubt I will ever replay the franchise. 2 just doesn't feel important and 3 was a disaster in every area, not just story. Remember to get side quests you had to stand and hover/creep around talking civilians for a minute or two? Ugh.

x120416.jpg.pagespeed.ic.xH8dilQYwi.webp

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
So I can't turn on HDR for some reason. I turn on "Play HDR games and apps" in the display settings and it automatically turns itself off. Any fix?

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
March Game Recommendations

Send a PM if you have a game recommendation for March, the more the merrier!

Games you could do:
Dead or Alive 6
ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove
Left Alive
Devil May Cry 5
The Caligula Effect: Overdose
One Piece: World Seeker
The Sinking City
Assassin's Creed III Remastered
Tropico 6

2B0QzXu.png

Xenonauts 2 - Gabbo
Katana Zero - BlueOdin
The Division 2 - bmdubya
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Kudo
Trials Rising Joe Spangle
Outward - texhnolyze

D7sTtCN.png

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines - Uzzy

xM8izhq.png

Devil Daggers - spineduke

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Highlight thread will go up later today

Of what's releasing this March I'm interested in these

Left Alive
Katana Zero
Eternity
The Occupation
ToeJam & Earl 3
Minotaur
Cubicity
Truberbrook
Phil & Mort games
The Abbey DC

MAYBE One Piece WS

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Hehe I wrote that ME thing because many consider ME2 pinnacle of the franchise. But I liked ME1 more because focus was on main story and how that developed. With ME2 they went more with companion stories with main story sprinkled between. That is why I said that ME2 feels like TV Show. Overarching story is there but main focus are episodes with companions.

I have yet to play ME3, it is in my schedule for this year.

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
Hehe I wrote that ME thing because many consider ME2 pinnacle of the franchise. But I liked ME1 more because focus was on main story and how that developed. With ME2 they went more with companion stories with main story sprinkled between. That is why I said that ME2 feels like TV Show. Overarching story is there but main focus are episodes with companions.

I have yet to play ME3, it is in my schedule for this year.

Don't. Do. It.

Sadly the best part of ME3 was the online co-op. I poured so many hours into it because the combat is really good.

Unfortunately the story fell a part long before the much hated ending. Classic tale of a studio having no idea how to end their series.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Don't. Do. It.

Sadly the best part of ME3 was the online co-op. I poured so many hours into it because the combat is really good.

Unfortunately the story fell a part long before the much hated ending. Classic tale of a studio having no idea how to end their series.

Nah I will play it. Same goes for Gears of War Judgment, people tell me not to play it but I see no reason why not when I played all previous entries XD I will play Andromeda too one day.

JarrodL

Oct 27, 2017
Also, it appears the GOTY extras are unavailable for anyone who bought the original release.

Wait, really? I thought I saw them pop up in installed DLC list yesterday. Can't doublecheck now while at work.

I'm actually probably going to start on Automata today. Last weekend I did the FAR setup, downloaded hi-res texture mod, and the cinematics 60 fps interpolation patch. Anything else I might need?

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
J'adore les omelettes du fromage.
Looks more edible than anything I got to eat during the stay abroad my class had in England. And from experience with French cuisines, it probably tastes much better than it looks. With English cuisines, its usually the opposite, except they don't look too hot to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.