• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
Ideally after something similar to the Corsair one.

Perhaps consider Meshify C instead.

a51a9362-ef1c-4b46-bafe-f921e67c10af

8faf2d92-eb4f-4f39-b444-eb8a69bbd1df

https://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/meshify/meshify-c

I own a unit myself and it is perfect. It can even fit two slim radiators if you're into custom watercooling.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1006510/discussions/0/1796278072845376475/

Due to technical issues that cause unexpected crashes and among other reasons, we are pulling <Devotion> off from steam store to have another complete QA check. At the same time we'd like to take this opportunity to ease the heightened pressure in our community resulted from our previous Art Material Incident, our team would also review our game material once again making sure no other unintended materials was inserted in. Hopefully this would help all audience to focus on the game itself again upon its return.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Isn't the GOG second biggest digital store on PC behind Steam?

Not to suggest that's incorrect, but GOG isn't anywhere near as popular as you might infer from its standing among enthusiast circles. CD Projekt's total net revenue -- that's retail, consoles, GOG, Steam, and whatever else brings in money for the company -- for 2017 was "only" ~$89m, a drop of about 30% compared to the previous year. To put that figure in perspective, it represents approximately 2% of what Steam is estimated to have generated for Valve in the same year with paid game sales alone.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
It's crazy that GoG is that small. DRM free is the best reason to not use Steam. If GoG can't pull an audience, what chance do any of these other stores have?

Of course, I am guilty of it, too. At a certain point, I just kind of stopped buying stuff on GoG. I got burned by a late / no patch and that was it. I still appreciate the work they do and it would be sad to see them go.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Not to suggest that's incorrect, but GOG isn't anywhere near as popular as you might infer from its standing among enthusiast circles. CD Projekt's total net revenue -- that's retail, consoles, GOG, Steam, and whatever else brings in money for the company -- for 2017 was "only" ~$89m, a drop of about 30% compared to the previous year. To put that figure in perspective, it represents approximately 2% of what Steam is estimated to have generated for Valve in the same year with paid game sales alone.

I am not talking about revenue but more about popularity and actual store usage. If Steam is first in what order you would put other stores?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I am not talking about revenue but more about popularity and actual store usage.

Oh, I know, but revenue is the only data we can compare, plus it is intertwined with user engagement.

If Steam is first in what order you would put other stores?

I'd guess the top three are:

Excluding services that are/lean publisher-specific: Steam > GOG > Humble or Itch.
Including them: Steam > Battle.net > Origin*

* I'd put Uplay ahead of Origin if we were to include the Steam versions of Uplay games.

Last edited:

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
Ah, perhaps you prefer something much smaller, perhaps in the size of Ncase M1. Here's a size comparison.

7wPZERO.jpg

(from left to right) Dan A4, Ncase M1, Cerberus, Cerberus X, Meshify C

Ideally this picture would have some other object to give a sense of the scale if you don't know the cases. Something like a soda can. Anyway, I have the Ncase M1 and it's incredibly pleasant. It's also surprisingly roomy so long as you are a bit careful with your wiring.

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
If GOG would support regional pricing I'd buy from them more, but as it stands they are far more expensive than Steam for me.

Reading the Kotaku article, it mentions that Gwent unperformed financially due to GOG's limited reach, which was obviously why they put Thronebreaker on Steam after saying it would be GOG exclusive. Why not put Gwent on Steam?

Granted I haven't played since Homecoming / Thronebreaker completely redesigned the game, but the community seems to think it's good, so put it on Steam and see the money potentially.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I only ever buy from GOG when I want an indie game that I don't want tied to a launcher and something I can just fire up when ever I need to. There used to be a time when Steam would be a buggy pos for me and refuse to connect me to my account and I would be left playing w/e was lying around on my PC.

Of course it was much later on that I realized actually for some games you can just run it from the exe if the game does not need Steam to run but even still if a game does not have many online connectivity features then I would consider the GOG version. With GOG galaxy it makes patching a game easier as well compared to the old days where you had to go to the site directly to download a new patch.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
If GOG would support regional pricing I'd buy from them more, but as it stands they are far more expensive than Steam for me.

Reading the Kotaku article, it mentions that Gwent unperformed financially due to GOG's limited reach, which was obviously why they put Thronebreaker on Steam after saying it would be GOG exclusive. Why not put Gwent on Steam?

Granted I haven't played since Homecoming / Thronebreaker completely redesigned the game, but the community seems to think it's good, so put it on Steam and see the money potentially.
GOG actually does support some sort of regional pricing, their coverage is more limited than Steam's due to lack of scale, however (maybe devs have to ask while Steam sets some default adjustments). Same with additional payment methods.

I was never particularly interested in Gwent, but it seems store/client loyalty is way less of a thing with F2P stuff, or at least everyone seems to be operating under this assumption. Would make sense too - unless client is super buggy, checking it out doesn't cost you.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think GOG are great, and while their Linux support could be a lot better I still buy from them a fair bit and wish them the best. I hope they do okay and the store is not in trouble.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
is re6 or the resident evil revelation games any good

i somehow have both re6 and the two revelation games and thinking about giving them a shot

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I would tell pachter I played Anthem on pc with a controller but it might blow his mind.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
wait, hasn't it been cracked for days?

nice to see legit customers get screwed again

Well, deluxe edition launched as early access a few days ago and there is also a cracked version knocking around which is offline modes only. The deluxe version has had awful online connectivity issues all weekend and that is tied into to its single player mode. So yes paid customers got fucked, but by Codemasters first. Pirates are just sloppy seconds.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
ugh I hate how single player games have multiplayer achievments. Just today I was looking and half of Tomb Raider and Red Faction Guerrilla achievements are multiplayer. Who is playing multiplayer on those games?

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
is re6 or the resident evil revelation games any good

i somehow have both re6 and the two revelation games and thinking about giving them a shot
Neither are all that great but if I had to pick then I would go with the Revelations games. At least they are a much more solid albeit weaker games than RE6 which fluctuates between a being a total mess to an ersatz versions of an RE game.

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
ugh I hate how single player games have multiplayer achievments. Just today I was looking and half of Tomb Raider and Red Faction Guerrilla achievements are multiplayer. Who is playing multiplayer on those games?

If a game has multiplayer it's probably going to have achievements for it, regardless of whether it's any good. You don't have to get all the achievements if it means doing something you don't want to.

At the same time, since the process started we have welcomed nearly twice as many new team members, and currently hold 20 open positions.

GOG is the only competitor to Steam I find attractive. I do think the story might be overstating the layoffs though, given the above statement.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I hope all this MS news, between the game pass on switch (one assumes on switch means "everywhere" means on PC) and the "play XBOX games natively on PC" shit, pans out, cause Game Pass on console is THE SHIT. It's not secret im a fan of humble monthly, value wise, but fuck me game pass really threw me for a loop (it helps that i'm pretty much one and done with games, especially these days), and I wish my homies that happen to just have PCs could enjoy dat shit (assuming it worked fine of course lol).

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I hope all this MS news, between the game pass on switch (one assumes on switch means "everywhere" means on PC) and the "play XBOX games natively on PC" shit, pans out, cause Game Pass on console is THE SHIT. It's not secret im a fan of humble monthly, value wise, but fuck me game pass really threw me for a loop (it helps that i'm pretty much one and done with games, especially these days), and I wish my homies that happen to just have PCs could enjoy dat shit (assuming it worked fine of course lol).
Its so good, means I could play games with my xbox pals too

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Game pass is great (so far on PC) playing Forza Horizon 4 right now! Obviously we need more games but the concept and ease to install and play is really promising.

Technika

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2018
Just pulled the trigger and purchased an RTX 2060!
I was going to get either the MSI Gaming Z or the EVGA XC Ultra, and ended up getting the EVGA model since it was available.

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-2167-KR

Slightly cheaper than the ASUS Strix model but just as good from some of the articles I've read. (in relation to manual overclocking potential)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.