• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
unknown.png

Cool game

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
What's your issue?
Which Forza?
Actually any large windows store game, in this particular case Forza Horizon 4.

It just tried and then puts up a message that it failed and will try again later. It then gives up and puts up a hexadecimal error code.

Googling that code leads nowhere. There isn't even a canonical description of what the code means. All I get from that are forum posts with solutions that don't do anything.

The store happily lets me install the shovelware, without issue.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Should I give REmake another chance? Would play it with a guide because fixed camera takes every urge to explore and try out of me. And I would like to have played it before I get REmake 2.

You should. I was in a position similar to yours: wanted to play REmake 2 but had never played the first. Also, I usually don't like fixed camera (I hated it in DMC, for instance), but I gave it a chance and I loved it. I still got annoyed at the camera, but it's not too bad when you get used to it. In terms of story you don't really need it to follow RE2, although there are some connections, but it's a great game.

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
March Game Recommendations

Send a PM if you have a game recommendation for March, the more the merrier!

Games you could do:
Dead or Alive 6
ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove
Left Alive
Devil May Cry 5
The Caligula Effect: Overdose
Tom Clancy's The Division 2
One Piece: World Seeker
The Sinking City
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Assassin's Creed III Remastered
Tropico 6

2B0QzXu.png

Xenonauts 2 - Gabbo
Katana Zero - BlueOdin

D7sTtCN.png

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines - Uzzy

xM8izhq.png

Devil Daggers - spineduke

Bad Advice

Jan 8, 2019
Just go with Afterburner.

I can tell you now though that your GPU is idling at much higher clocks. If you have a 144hz monitor with a 60hz monitor Nvidia cards idle at much higher frequencies (like 800mhz instead of 135mhz for me). You can avoid it by setting the 144hz monitor to 120hz while not in games.

Generally my idle temps go from 34-36C to 50C if my second monitor is set to 144hz.

great tip. I set my central monitor to 60Hz (all three on 60Hz now) and the idle decreased to 139Mhz and temperature decreased by 10 degree celsius (from 53 to 43)!

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017

I'm also interested to know if there's a proper fix for this. There wasn't few years ago. The only one I know that works is re-installing whole Windows, which is completely unacceptable as a fix to a simple game download but I've had to do it couple of times.

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Actually any large windows store game, in this particular case Forza Horizon 4.

It just tried and then puts up a message that it failed and will try again later. It then gives up and puts up a hexadecimal error code.

Googling that code leads nowhere. There isn't even a canonical description of what the code means. All I get from that are forum posts with solutions that don't do anything.

Can you send me a PM with that error code? Or a screenshot?

I'll see if I can ask around internally this week at work.

My current manager used to work on the store team and I have deep ties to the gaming side so between us hopefully I can track down someone who can help with this issue. I've never encountered it myself but I'm sure the current team knows hence there being an error code.

Last edited:

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
Can you send me a PM with that error code? Or a screenshot?

I'll see if I can ask around internally this week at work.
I'll just post it here, in case anybody else has had the same problem.
RmKGN0Q.png

The code is 0x80080206

Googling that yields several kinds of solutions. Most common of which is to run "wsreset", but that application doesn't do anything and presents no information to the user of what exactly it is doing either.

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
RmKGN0Q.png

The code is 0x80080206

Googling that yields several kinds of solutions. Most common of which is to run "wsreset", but that application doesn't do anything and presents no information to the user of what exactly it is doing either.

Thanks. I'll keep you posted.
May take a few days since we are bogged down with quarterly reviews and deadlines for one more week in my org. I'll PM if I need anymore details.

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing The King of Fighters XIV.

Not that I don't already have a good chunk of them ready to play (everything available on Steam except for KOF 97 and that... thing that came out the other day), but I need more SNK fighters on Steam.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
Gonna try and finish up Quantum Break today. The last boss almost did me in yesterday. After a few tries, I finally realize what is happening. Weird final fight but I stuck with the game so far and I am gonna finish it, damnit.

Overall, the game is good. Kind of slow, but the powers are pretty awesome. I even sat through the TV show. Though, they probably could of cut that and the game would be better for it.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
great tip. I set my central monitor to 60Hz (all three on 60Hz now) and the idle decreased to 139Mhz and temperature decreased by 10 degree celsius (from 53 to 43)!

You can automate the switching of refresh rates by going into the Nvidia control panel, the Manage 3D settings, and changing "Preferred refresh rate" to highest available. This will make your monitor automatically switch to 144hz whenever you run a fullscreen game and switch back after it is closed.

Doesn't work for borderless/windowed games. Have to change manually for that.

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Games you could do:
Dead or Alive 6
Left Alive
Devil May Cry 5
The Sinking City
Tropico 6

2B0QzXu.png

Xenonauts 2 - Gabbo
Katana Zero - BlueOdin
The Division 2 - bmdubya

D7sTtCN.png

xM8izhq.png

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
You've already tried reinstalling the Store app with PowerShell I'm guessing? That usually fixes all errors for me.
No.
Seemingly I've tried everything but that. Can you point out what I have to do?

edit: nvm, googled it:
https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/restore-windows-store-windows-10-uninstall-with-powershell/

It "fixed" that error, now the download won't error out, but it is stuck at 176.2MB

Edit 2: Nope, restarting the store, gave me the same error as before.

Last edited:

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
RmKGN0Q.png

The code is 0x80080206

See that's the beauty of the Windows Store. WIth a normal, boring client, you download it, and the game just boots. But not so with the Windows Store, oh no! This little store always has a surprise waiting for you, from Download issues to random crashes, it's got it all. And with Microsoft (in)famous software quality, you never need to fear that the fun will stop. No matter the year, no matter the OS version, the Windows Store will never be boring to use.
I also really like how when things actually do work and launch, you're actually glad and don't just take it for granted. It's really a great and humbling experience.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
They just mentioned SteamVR in context of Open Stores on MS HoloLens event end then Sweeny appeared XD And he said that they will resist creating walled gardens XD

Last edited:

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
I finished the main story for Frostpunk! Feels good. Very enjoyable game. I liked the resource balancing. By the end I had plenty of stockpiled stuff. I didn't realise on my first playthrough that you could and should....

Build plenty of workhouses to advance research.

Made all the difference and my towns people now see me as a warm heat providing super mayor.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
No.
Seemingly I've tried everything but that. Can you point out what I have to do?

edit: nvm, googled it:
https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/restore-windows-store-windows-10-uninstall-with-powershell/

It "fixed" that error, now the download won't error out, but it is stuck at 176.2MB

Edit 2: Nope, restarting the store, gave me the same error as before.

Have you futzed around with any Windows services or used any of those telemetry disabling scripts? The Windows Store breaks at the slightest provocation when you start fucking around with Windows services.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I finished the main story for Frostpunk! Feels good. Very enjoyable game. I liked the resource balancing. By the end I had plenty of stockpiled stuff. I didn't realise on my first playthrough that you could and should....

This has been on my wish list for a while. How did you find the difficulty? Is it a time-sensitive game keeping pressure on you? Stressful?

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017

Games you could do:
Dead or Alive 6
Left Alive
Devil May Cry 5
The Sinking City
Tropico 6

2B0QzXu.png

Xenonauts 2 - Gabbo
Katana Zero - BlueOdin
The Division 2 - bmdubya

D7sTtCN.png

xM8izhq.png

My recommendation for Sekiro is: "The only game that really matters this year." .

Status
Not open for further replies.