• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
I wonder if Ubisoft disbanded the primary Montreal team after Unity? Maybe they divided them into the other teams? Guess they're working on the 2020 Rome game? Add Odyssey to the Quebec team and extended the x axis to 2018 and this graph is up to date:

d1qutz7rvpqpj7zdmymz.jpg

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Is it a good idea to jump into PC with next gen around the corner? I'm thinking of investing in one because I'm sick of console gaming and because most of the games will be on PC.

Thinking of going for this one.
Damn, bro. Do you need to go that hard on your first PC? I think it would be safer to get something modest but upgradeble. Still leave something left over in the event the next gen systems interest you. PC+Console is the best combo and I think it will be the same next gen too.

I also get the feeling that there will be a some third party exclusives on the Sony system. A Fromsoft exclusive on day one will almost seal the deal for most people and Sony would be dumb not to try and make something like that happen.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
8GB RAM and a 250 GB SSD is pretty measly for a PC that costs 2000€.

You're most likely going to get a much better deal buying individual parts

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Resonance of Fate got another update.(1.0.0.4) Japanese patch notes only atm.

Seems to fix infinite loading and sound problems that were effecting some people.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I wonder if Ubisoft disbanded the primary Montreal team after Unity? Maybe they divided them into the other teams? Guess they're working on the 2020 Rome game? Add Odyssey to the Quebec team and extended the x axis to 2018 and this graph is up to date:

d1qutz7rvpqpj7zdmymz.jpg

I suspect the "Assassin's Creed Japan" question addressed in one of the Ask a Spartan ads for Odyssey is a tease and Feudal Japan is where the series is going next. A completely new setting would also explain why the main Montreal team has been given so much time.

As refreshing as an Asian setting would be, what I really want is a return to Renaissance Italy with current-gen tech. But that's never going to happen. :(

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Playing some CoD: Infinite Warfare

Digging it though sometimes the levels feel to narrow. Maybe I'm used to more mobility in scifi FPS thanks to Titanfall 2 and Apex Legends but this game feels kinda heavy even with jetpacks and wallrunning. No wonder no one liked sci fi CoD when it feels like stomping compared to Titanfall.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Is it a good idea to jump into PC with next gen around the corner? I'm thinking of investing in one because I'm sick of console gaming and because most of the games will be on PC.

Run it by the folks in https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-pc-builders-thread-i-need-a-new-pc-v2.61531/ They are always super helpful and usually have tons of various builds people are playing with to give you a feel for what you need.

From a quick glance, it looks like a pretty unbalanced and pricy build for what you're getting. 9900k seems way overkill compared to the rest of the build.

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
I'd just like to say that after reading through the latest Epic thread i think Hektor has provided the best most relevant post.

A new week, many new names bringing us the 'it's just another launcher' message.

That RAM is terrible. Single Channel (1 module) and slow (you want 3000-3200MHz). I also don't trust cases that have a glass front with giving me good airflow, that radiator on the back is weird too but I haven't seen a review of it.

Oct 28, 2017

If you're going to get into PC gaming, then do it right: avoid pre-built systems. Not only is it cheaper, but if something goes wrong, you'll have an idea of how to pinpoint the issue.

Watch Youtube channels like Linus Tech Tips for instructional videos, and visit PcPartPicker to scope out a build which will best suit your needs or to see which parts are compatible with one another.

Building your own PC is half the fun and not nearly as intimidating as it may initially seem.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the Steam user reviews for Metro: Exodus. Positive reviews, but also gives the "keyboard emoji" of someone giving the Epic Store the 2 fingers.

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
I suspect the "Assassin's Creed Japan" question addressed in one of the Ask a Spartan ads for Odyssey is a tease and Feudal Japan is where the series is going next. A completely new setting would also explain why the main Montreal team has been given so much time.

As refreshing as an Asian setting would be, what I really want is a return to Renaissance Italy with current-gen tech. But that's never going to happen. :(

Imagine the Ezio trilogy remade with the level of detail presented in Unity. Insane! I'm skeptical that the original Montreal team still exists. There's been nothing from them. We know that Ashraf Ismail's team (Montreal 3 in that chart) is working on something as they've been on a hiring frenzy lately.

Leaks that have been doing the rounds indicate that a 2020 game (AC:Legion) from UbiSofia and Singapore set in Rome will complete the "Ancient" trilogy with the protagonist being related to Bayek. Other, less believable leaks indicate a 2021-2022 next gen title with two themes, Asia and Norse Mythology. Ubi is playing around with multiple areas like in Far Cry New Dawn, but I'm not sure they could pull off two distinct areas in one game. The resources needed for that would be monumental.

Only jschreier knows what the truth is, wish he would drop that article. :P I'm doubtful they'll ever touch Japan, even though it has been hinted like you said and also in the GameInformer interview with AC:Odyssey's lead.

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
If you're going to get into PC gaming, then do it right: avoid pre-built systems. Not only is it cheaper, but if something goes wrong, you'll have an idea of how to pinpoint the issue.

Watch Youtube channels like Linus Tech Tips for instructional videos, and visit PcPartPicker to scope out a build which will best suit your needs or to see which parts are compatible with one another.

Building your own PC is half the fun and not nearly as intimidating as it may initially seem.

I think it's not a bad idea to start with a pre-built. Should be decent of course. Maybe go for one a little cheaper, set money aside for upgrades and then dig into it yourself, replace parts. That's how I learned myself. Of course resources like YT weren't available in the 90s, everything was reading manuals, PC magazines and trial & error. Still there are good arguments for not starting from scratch.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Technical question.

Since VN's don't have a V-sync option they tend to render 100's of frames above my TV's 60hz limit. ... What happens to all those frames that can't fit in the 60hz window?

Interestingly, I hooked a VN with RTSS to cap it at 60 and my GPU usage went down, but my CPU usage went way up. o_o

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
Technical question.

Since VN's don't have a V-sync option they tend to render 100's of frames above my TV's 60hz limit. ... What happens to all those frames that can't fit in the 60hz window?

Interestingly, I hooked a VN with RTSS to cap it at 60 and my GPU usage went down, but my CPU usage went way up. o_o

If a game really doesn't have a VSync option (could be enabled by default) all those frames will be rendered, resulting in higher temps and coil whine (usually happening when way over 100fps and extremely annoying beyond 200-300, see/hear also loading screens in normal games).

Last edited:

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
I hope they plan to bring the rest of the Yakuza games. I could play on PS4, but I'd rather play on PC obviously.

After Kiwami I'll just wait for awhile and see what happens. It would be nice to know either way.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I actually redeemed it and The Phantom Pain without VPN. I don't know if the code is worldwide, but at least here in South America it worked

Oh that's cool.
Odds on me posting that "not like this..." gif?

BTW, does anyone know if that gif has been used in any Switch threads? Because that'd be funny...
Just keep your exceptions low and recommend any to friends who are starting to get into Steam.
Or just wait for us to generously offer the spare keys we get from buying the bundles ourselves :V

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I assume the chance they will honor those 4€ Valkyria Chronicles 4 orders are around 10 percent.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Anthem is dull and filled with time wasting stuff to pad the time.

If only there was some way to have known this before release...

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017

I would advise against buying an expensive system right now if money is at all an issue. Buy something modest to get your feet wet and go for a good upgrade one year into the next generation. That should ensure the longevity of your system across the next console generation. The build you linked is quite unbalanced for reasons others have already explained.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
SprachBrooks Ask in the PC building thread, but honestly, unless you need 4k gaming for some reason, I'd recommend a 1070 card, hell even RTX 2060/2070 if you're feeling fancy. That build you posted seems waaaay overpriced my dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.