• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's pretty cool. Screenshots though.
I normally share them through whatsapp so I tend to take pictures through phone :(

tenor.gif

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Does anybody know how "Avg. Game Completion Rate" is calculated? Not that I'm doubting you've beat 950ish games (:P) but at least for me, mine is waaaaaaay off; I have about 800 games and beat maybe 50 of them, yet it thinks I'm at 38%...

Nah, I havent beaten that many games on Steam lol - my number is inflated due to all the VNs I played during my 100 game run in 2017.

I've actually beaten/completed 549 games - out of which 185 is from Steam :P

JBl3DKU.jpg

IMO we'll most likely get that classic SNK collection next.

God, I hope so!

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
They didn't quite manage it, but the way that RE2 represents almost everything in your inventory on your body is pretty cool. The one situation it doesn't seem to manage is if you have 2 weapons that sit on your back and neither is in your hands. But that was kind of their fault for giving Claire so many damn weapons.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I normally share them through whatsapp so I tend to take pictures through phone :(

tenor.gif

It's really hard not to be with the latest DLC.

56BjEmH.jpg

There's just so much going on in this pic that it's hard to digest it all. (Pro-tip: open image in new tab)

This is what 7 years of sustained content & support brings you.

Bravo, PDX.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I'm liking Fata Morgana but I feel it has a huge pacing problem, or padding problem if you will. The second story had it, and this third story has it. There is no need for this
letter miscomunication
thing to keep going for example, once was enough to get the point across, but the story just wont move on from there, its like the third or fourth time it said
"and heres another letter, if only they would talk and clear things up".

Shame really, as like I said, I am enjoying it, quite a bit in fact.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
I'm about .75 cents short of buying the XCOM2 collection. Never played the Expac but I'm seriously jonesing for a good SRPG.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed going back to the game having not played it in quite some time.

It's ultimately more of the same but by no means a bad thing. Big focus of the DLC though is in explorative puzzle solving (took me about 3-4 hours ish to complete but I think there still more stuff to uncover)

Good deal.

Looks like a green light to pick up.

Thanks for the feedback!

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm about .75 cents short of buying the XCOM2 collection. Never played the Expac but I'm seriously jonesing for a good SRPG.
Ignore the collection, almost all of the DLC is worthless that's not XCOM 2, War of the Chosen, and Shen's Last Gift.

However, with those three combined and a healthy dose of mods, it's the best fucking tactics games I've played in years. It's so incredible it makes the first Firaxis XCOM absolutely worthless in comparison- which is no small feat. Both were my respective GOTYs, and XCOM 2 is potentially the GOAT PC tactics experience if you like exterminating extraterrestrials.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
I'm liking Fata Morgana but I feel it has a huge pacing problem, or padding problem if you will. The second story had it, and this third story has it. There is no need for this
letter miscomunication
thing to keep going for example, once was enough to get the point across, but the story just wont move on from there, its like the third or fourth time it said
"and heres another letter, if only they would talk and clear things up".

Shame really, as like I said, I am enjoying it, quite a bit in fact.
All will be explained at the end.
And yeah, pretty much all VNs have pacing issues, some to a higher extent, some to a lower. Fata is on the brisker side of things, all things considered.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Is this referring to an API to make it easier for other services to hook into Steam (ie Microsoft, Bethesda, Ubisoft), or an API to have content creators partner with games for promotion (like what Epic is planning) or something else?
I want the former mainly to hook my GOG account to Steam so I could play my GOG titles with Steam client's features.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I really wonder how many of those 1 year exclusive games on Epic Store will really come to Steam next year. I am kinda sure that Division 2 will never come to Steam, Ubisoft has no reason to bring it back. Hades full release makes sense to come to Steam because it is currently in Early Access. But for example Spellbreak if it is successful there is no reason to come to Steam, but even if it is not success i don't think that releasing it on Steam year later will help. Will many of those games matter next year at all?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I really wonder how many of those 1 year exclusive games on Epic Store will really come to Steam next year. I am kinda sure that Division 2 will never come to Steam, Ubisoft has no reason to bring it back. Hades full release makes sense to come to Steam because it is currently in Early Access. But for example Spellbreak if it is successful there is no reason to come to Steam, but even if it is not success i don't think that releasing it on Steam year later will help. Will many of those games matter next year at all?
Ashen, Satisfactory, and all the non mp games.

MP are ones i am not sure will last a year due to competition (Dauntless with MHW and God Eater became less interesting, and Spellbreak is a BR that either dies or becomes popular), or full GAAS (Division 2) which may or may not. I could see Division coming with a one year gold edition with all DLC or not coming to Steam at all.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on the verge of completing Stein's Gate. What a wild ride. It's got some off-putting (otaku) humor in there, but the overarching story is quite good. Didn't even realize where I'd have to make choices that branch the story until my first ending (which was a trip, jesus). Thankfully they give you markers on consequent runs. Well worth playing if you can deal with the aforementioned caveat. The story goes some crazy places. Looking forward to seeing how it all wraps up later today.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Epic's probably hoping some developers will think "It's been so long, so there's no point", but Ubi acknowledging the number of PC DD platforms and saying it "expanded" to EGS suggests it intends to continue releasing its games on as many services as possible. I expect the Steam version of Div 2 to pop up around the time the Year 2 Pass becomes available.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Ashen, Satisfactory, and all the non mp games.

MP are ones i am not sure will last a year due to competition (Dauntless with MHW and God Eater became less interesting, and Spellbreak is a BR that either dies or becomes popular), or full GAAS (Division 2) which may or may not. I could see Division coming with a one year gold edition with all DLC or not coming to Steam at all.

But is it worth it for Ashen for example. There won't be buzz around that game next year. And i don't think that Annapurna will invest money in any kind of marketing for it next year (actually later this year :D) especially because exclusivity ends around Steam Sale.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
But is it worth it for Ashen for example. There won't be buzz around that game next year. And i don't think that Annapurna will invest money in any kind of marketing for it next year (actually later this year :D) especially because exclusivity ends around Steam Sale.
I don't think that launching on another PC launcher would have too many expenses, and Steam could provide long tail sales. In the end it is not about promoting the game but being there to get a continuous influx of sales and views.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Epic's probably hoping some developers will think "It's been so long, so there's no point", but Ubi acknowledging the number of PC DD platforms and saying it "expanded" to EGS suggests it intends to continue releasing its games on as many services as possible. I expect the Steam version of Div 2 to pop up around the time the Year 2 Pass becomes available.

You never know with Ubisoft. For example Ode is UPlay exclusive and i don't think that it sold well, most people who played it got it for free. And Ubisoft never released it on Steam even though that game is done and not getting any more updates. They could earn some money if they just added cards and released it on Steam 6 months after UPlay release but they didn't. And for Division 2 i don't see why would they go after Steam year later because their goal is to push UPlay more, going to Epic Store was best way they could do that, they got money from Epic and brought people to UPlay.

And i really think that developers will change tune when Epic opens the gates and does nothing to promote or make games more visible. Epic Store is already nightmare to navigate even though they have just 20+ games there. When developers are "forced" to deal with streamers who only care about money to make their games visible they will think twice.

I don't think that launching on another PC launcher would have too many expenses, and Steam could provide long tail sales. In the end it is not about promoting the game but being there to get a continuous influx of sales and views.

I know that it is not that much work i just wonder will they bother to do it.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
You never know with Ubisoft. For example Ode is UPlay exclusive and i don't think that it sold well, most people who played it got it for free. And Ubisoft never released it on Steam even though that game is done and not getting any more updates. They could earn some money if they just added cards and released it on Steam 6 months after UPlay release but they didn't. And for Division 2 i don't see why would they go after Steam year later because their goal is to push UPlay more, going to Epic Store was best way they could do that, they got money from Epic and brought people to UPlay.

Ode's an apple and Div 2 an orange, though. Ode isn't the first time Ubi has flirted with exclusivity (e.g. Tintin), and it also has a history of being funny about The Settlers for some reason, but all of its service games and major single-player releases are on Steam (EGS deal aside).

Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Ode's an apple and Div 2 an orange, though. Ubi also has a history of being funny about The Settlers, but all of its service games and major single-player titles are on Steam (EGS deal aside).

But they are unpredictable. For example some of their games use full Steam features like achievements and cards and some not. I just don't think that they are committed to anything and they just do what they feel is right at that moment.

Ja-

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Is there no way of gifting games to other regions (due to price difference) in steam at all? Not even if I will pay the price of the game for that region?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
But they are unpredictable. For example some of their games use full Steam features like achievements and cards and some not. I just don't think that they are committed to anything and they just do what they feel is right at that moment.

I'm not saying the possibility doesn't exist. I just don't see it as a distinct one. Not at this juncture, anyway.

Is there no way of gifting games to other regions (due to price difference) in steam at all? Not even if I will pay the price of the game for that region?

Nope.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Relevant

Razer's digital Game Store to cease operation by the end of this month - Thread

Dear Gamers,
We regret to announce that Razer Game Store (gamestore.razer.com) will cease operations on February 28, 2019 at 0100hrs Pacific Time as part of the company's realignment plans.

It has been a privilege for us to recommend and deliver great digital game deals to you. We have been extremely fortunate to have you as part of our awesome community. Thank you for the support and making all this possible.

We will be investing in other ways to deliver great content and introduce game promotions through Razer Gold, our virtual credits system (https://gold.razer.com/). Do visit us there and stay tuned for more news.

Yours truly,
The Razer Game Store team

https://eu.gamestore.razer.com/lp/closure

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorta kinda maybe glad I didn't buy Catherine on PC. Holy shit that's bad, and not even disappointing, they just keep doing the same shit or worse. It's a shame, I love Atlus games and specifically Hashino's games, but I mean, at this point, fuck him.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna buy Division 2 for UPlay either on UPLay or CDKeys soon.

As Anthem seems dissapointing to me so far, Im gonna go with Division 2.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm reading through that Catherine thread now.

Full Body sounds like an absolute trainwreck. Fuck Atlus, and fuck Hashino in particular

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
Gonna buy Division 2 for UPlay either on UPLay or CDKeys soon.

As Anthem seems dissapointing to me so far, Im gonna go with Division 2.
For me it's the other way around. Anthem's vertical gameplay is somewhat refreshing from the same old military boots on the ground experience.
I'm a sucker for fast paced movement so Anthem really scratches that itch for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.