• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I find it hard to tell how much of this is Crackdown 3 being bad, and how much of it is the game having to bear the cross of a being a big exclusive game/being around so long.

From videos it basically looks like Saint Row 4 with better draw distance. (which makes sense really since SR4 was cribbing from Crackdown pretty hard)
It's not bad, I am having fun. If you like Crackdown than you will enjoy this. It just brings nothing new to the table and honestly I think it also doesn't need to.
The game just brings some heavy luggage because of the development and platform it is coming out on - that's why I think the reviews are what they are.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
bought the 2 months of gamepass for Crackdown and browsing the store it looks like a great deal for xbox users but for PC it is pointless. I cant tell what games are available for PC as even the ones that are dont say Windows on them. I assume just the few first party MS ones, but Xbox users have Below, Ashen, We Happy Few, ect. If MS could bring these games on board for PC as well there would be a lot more interest.

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
bought the 2 months of gamepass for Crackdown and browsing the store it looks like a great deal for xbox users but for PC it is pointless. I cant tell what games are available for PC as even the ones that are dont say Windows on them. I assume just the few first party MS ones, but Xbox users have Below, Ashen, We Happy Few, ect. If MS could bring these games on board for PC as well there would be a lot more interest.

We Happy Few PC is in Game Pass.

Fun fact: You can scroll through games under Downloads and Updates -> Xbox Game Pass but if you click on WHF there it'll take you to a version that's not installable. You need to use search.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Spellbreak is more-less dead as dodo on Twitch. Barely above 1K viewers on Twitch.

It's still in Alpha and Apex just launched. We should probably give it a bit more of a chance before we announce it DOA.

Personally, I'm cheering for it. It looks fun. Though if the streams from sodapoppin and the like hasn't ignited more interest it is a bit concerning.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017

Some new MCC news is supposed to happen next month. Hopefully they finally announce the Win10 edition.

They really need some type of killer app for the store.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
We Happy Few is in Game Pass.

Fun fact: You can scroll through games unde Download and Updates -> Xbox Game Pass but if you click on WHF there it'll take you to a version that's not installable. You need to use search.

Interesting, I will take a look. You are right I just searched and now I can install it. That is awesome, going to play after Crackdown while I am subscribed.

edit. Finally found a list. 17 games on Windows game pass. (Crackdown isnt on this list for some reason and 8 of them are various versions if the same game)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/best-selling/games/pc?IsGamePass=true

Last edited:

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Yeah, Ashen got taken way from Epic at the last minute. Up until the Game Awards it was a Play Anywhere title, and then it got announced as a Epic Games Store exclusive and got removed as a Play Anywhere title. I was so annoyed because I was going to check it out through Game Pass.

Actually just paused my Game Pass. I put a lot of time into Forza Horizon 4 and Sea of Thieves, but I will keep it paused until they officially Game Pass on PC.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
This is going to seem like a stupid question, but how do you play a game that you installed from Gamepass? I installed Crackdown 3 and it is nowhere on my computer and there is nowhere to hit "Play". When I go back to the app store it says "install". Did it delete itself?

TioChuck

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
This is going to seem like a stupid question, but how do you play a game that you installed from Gamepass? I installed Crackdown 3 and it is nowhere on my computer and there is nowhere to hit "Play". When I go back to the app store it says "install". Did it delete itself?

Game should be in the start menu, if not and is showing install on the store, it probrably deleted it self.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

If you go to apps in your Windows setting, is it under the app list? And what happens if you type 'Crackdown' in your search bar?

When the game is not in your app list, it's not installed. Remember; Wrecking Zone and Campaign are two different downloads.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Kingdom Hearts 3 performance is so bad and all over the place on One X. Really hope it gets ported eventually

Every second has stuttering and the menus are locked at 30 ;-;

Last edited:

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Game should be in the start menu, if not and is showing install on the store, it probrably deleted it self.

Assuming you did install it, also look at the games list in the XBOX app. If it's not there it's not installed.

I'm enjoying Wildlands in that I can pop into it for 30 minutes to an hour if I want (shorter even!) and attack an outpost or go grab some resources. I could see it being really fun co-op, but setting up really effective shot sync, releasing a bunch of rebels from prison and then sneaking up to an HVT in the chaos is satisfying in its own way.

Last edited:

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017

Probably just a glitch in the Windows 10 store Matrix.

Everything will be fine.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

Pretty sure it was rumored a more legit version of gamepass for PC was going to happen this year.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Okay it appeared in my "xbox" games now in the app. Anyways, played Crackdown 3 for a few hours and it is great fun. It is not innovate in any way but it is exactly what I want from a Crackdown. If you liked Crackdown 1 you will like Crackdown 3.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Okay it appeared in my "xbox" games now in the app. Anyways, played Crackdown 3 for a few hours and it is great fun. It is not innovate in any way but it is exactly what I want from a Crackdown. If you liked Crackdown 1 you will like Crackdown 3.

<bad joke about how I didn't play crackdown 2 and am going to be totally lost with the lore>

Cool, looking forward to collecting agility orbs.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
deadfire getting turn based combat sounds so cool, hopefully i'll feel like playing it soon, i hate rtwp

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
deadfire getting turn based combat sounds so cool, hopefully i'll feel like playing it soon, i hate rtwp

I'm curious how they changed it, because without auto attacks I assume you have to buff the damage on abilities so battles don't take ages.

I'm trying to mix up my genres these days because the mistake I have made so many times is trying to play a game and its sequel back to back. I almost always get burned out. Most recently this happened with Risen 1/2, AC Rogue/AC Unity, KOTOR 1/2...really, I've done this a ton of times. So having finished Pillars 1 I am giving that series a nice breather. I am still playing Vesperia and FFX and will hopefully follow through to the end. I'm mixing in a bunch of shooters and stuff, and when that starts to clear out I'm going to give Divinity OS another shot.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing those Metro benchmarks results for GTX1060 hurts. I guess tnx Epic for making it easier to not pre-order game because I wouldn't play it until i got new GPU XD I am not playing metro on Medium to Low settings XD

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious how they changed it, because without auto attacks I assume you have to buff the damage on abilities so battles don't take ages.

I'm trying to mix up my genres these days because the mistake I have made so many times is trying to play a game and its sequel back to back. I almost always get burned out. Most recently this happened with Risen 1/2, AC Rogue/AC Unity, KOTOR 1/2...really, I've done this a ton of times. So having finished Pillars 1 I am giving that series a nice breather. I am still playing Vesperia and FFX and will hopefully follow through to the end. I'm mixing in a bunch of shooters and stuff, and when that starts to clear out I'm going to give Divinity OS another shot.
yeah, i haven't been keeping up with the kickstarter updates but i think it's a very significant systems rework. i'm also worried battles will take ages but i feel fairly confident that they'll have figured it out. at the very least i'd try to default to this mode and see how it plays before reverting/starting over in rtwp mode

rtwp just feels like garbage to me, i liked pillars 1 a lot and the combat was actually fairly enjoyable but it's such a micromanaging headache, i have no idea which part of rtwp people find fun cos i dread them all

also i'm not a huge fan of d&d style character systems, specially the billion mostly-interchangeable spells and how modal abilities work and whatnot. just so overwhelming...

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Origin Access just got a few new additions

-Tie Fighter SE
-Force Unleashed 1&2
-LEGO SW complete saga and The Clone Wars
-Gone Home

So not the most exciting month outside of Anthem.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Every couple of days I get 0MB updates for every single game I have installed on Steam, what's up with that?
Valve are consolidating the various redists that games typically have into a one shared location, so games get 0MB updates to basically tell them that hey, this first time install file that used to be here is now here instead. If you'll go the _CommonRedist folder of an updated game you'll probably find that the folders are still there but they are empty.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Steam's the only platform that encrypts pre-load data. The WinStore just denies access to the game until it's 12am in your country as determined by Windows' region setting

The WinStore encrypts all game data as well. The difference is that they don't decrypt the data when the game is being released, resulting in locked down games that can't be modded.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
The WinStore encrypts all game data as well. The difference is that they don't decrypt the data when the game is being released, resulting in locked down games that can't be modded.

Oh, sure, but the context here is the delivery of pre-load data as it applies to playability. With WinStore titles, while your access to game data is limited, this has no bearing on how said data is delivered: a pre-load and a download post-release are exactly the same.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Oh, sure, but the context here is the delivery of pre-load data as it applies to playability. With WinStore titles, while your access to game data is limited, this has no bearing on how said data is delivered: a pre-load and a download post-release are exactly the same.

Yes agreed. While I prefer any other solution than permanent locked down games, I hope that Valve takes a good look at uPlay and Origin on how to do pre-loading right.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Yes agreed. While I prefer any other solution than permanent locked down games, I hope that Valve takes a good look at uPlay and Origin on how to do pre-loading right.

Frankly, I don't think it'll change unless devs -- indie devs specifically, as they're the group Valve interacts with the most, and major publishers simply don't care -- start pressing Valve about it. I made a thread in the suggestions forum roughly 18 months ago explaining why unencrypted pre-loads and automatic unlock schedules should be options, but the only replies were from Steam zealots who insisted they already existed or would be pointless without enforcement.

You'd think that Ubi weaponising the manual nature of Steam's release process to put another feather in Uplay's cap would have spurred Valve into action, but, well, that was two years ago now, and here we are.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Frankly, I don't think it'll change unless devs -- indie devs specifically, as they're the group Valve interacts with the most, and major publishers simply don't care -- start pressing Valve about it. I made a thread in the suggestions forum roughly 18 months ago explaining why unencrypted pre-loads and automatic unlock schedules should be options, but the only replies were from Steam zealots who insisted they already existed or would be pointless without enforcement.

You'd think that Ubi weaponising the manual nature of Steam's release process to put another feather in Uplay's cap would have spurred Valve into action, but, well, that was two years ago now, and here we are.
I still find it weird that you need to manually release the games instead of, you know, setting a timer for release. It would be so much easier for devs and I don't think it will be a big effort to implement.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017

Well I just bumped that thread, maybe someone will notice it this time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
https://gematsu.com/2019/02/snk-heroines-tag-team-frenzy-coming-to-pc-on-february-21

SNK-Heroines-Steam_02-15-19.jpg

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
thinking of getting a 570 since those things are fairly "cheap" where i live, but i duno about the whole bottleneck thing with my old i5 2500k

no intentions of playing anything on any sort of high settings, just want monster hunter to run well

Status
Not open for further replies.