• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I find it mildly amusing that the studio of a Czech far-right nationalist, who made a pretty melodramatic game about essentially the struggle of Bohemian independence from foreign powers, is taken over by an Austrian publisher. Guess you just can't escape Austria-Hungary after all.
THQ Nordic AB, the acquisitor in this case, is actually a Swedish publisher. Its subsidiary, THQ Nordic GmbH, is Austrian.

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vávra doesn't exactly hide his association with Gamergate and other far-right groups. But I guess he made a good game, so I guess it's all fine.
Oh, he's an idiot and I personally can't see how I could have a beer with him without somebody getting punched (probably me), but I really do doubt he's a nazi.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, he's an idiot and I personally can't see how I could have a beer with him without somebody getting punched (probably me), but I really do doubt he's a nazi.
I really don't need someone to be an actual card-carrying neo-nazi to be called "far-right". I appreciate that you point out that there are far worse political groups in in the Czech republic, but that really doesn't change my views on Vávra and his ilk. Just shows in what a sad state the world overall is.

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't need someone to be an actual card-carrying neo-nazi to be called "far-right". I appreciate that you point out that there are far worse political groups in in the Czech republic, but that really doesn't change my views on Vávra and his ilk. Just shows in what a sad state the world overall is.
Yeah, sadly we have much bigger problems, from the top to the very bottom :(

Vávra's game who just plays into the quintessential Slavic persecution complex does not even rate.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
By the way, CS:GO major starts tomorrow and you can get drops by watching the stream throught steam.tv or a linked twitch account (and also ingame)

Ooh, I need to link my Twitch and Steam accounts. Just click here and... callback error, try again. Callback error, try again. Callback error, try again.

I guess not. I still have to watch how Ence does though! I also tried watching R6 Siege tournament yesterday and while the game has everything going for it in terms of being an esports, I just don't find it entertaining to watch.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so one just needs to download OG Skyrim (as in, not the special edition) to be ready for Enderal tomorow correct?

or will enderal actually do everything automaticall, including downlolading Skyrim?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
so one just needs to download OG Skyrim (as in, not the special edition) to be ready for Enderal tomorow correct?

or will enderal actually do everything automaticall, including downlolading Skyrim?
The idea of Enderal being a separate app ia that you can have that and Skyrim installed at the same time, as two different programs. Pretty sure it wont work the way you think.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
My badge page doesn't load, redirecting me to my profile page instead. If I use Idlemaster it fails to load the badge page too, is there a fix for this?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The idea of Enderal being a separate app ia that you can have that and Skyrim installed at the same time, as two different programs. Pretty sure it wont work the way you think.
IIRC you don't even have to have Skyrim installed. It just checks your Steam account for the Skyrim license.
Mods on Steam are technically separate games. They just require ownership of the base game for legal reasons.

nice nice.

And on a different subject, Evil Within 2 runs like shit or what? Frame-y as fuck even on medium :(

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
Never seen anyone write 2000k, two thousand thousand - is that even a thing? You mean 2 million bud. Just say 2 mil. EZ PZ

They kept the units the same for all the data which is easier to parse. This is better presented than having some rows be in thousands and others in millions, especially in data where the entire point is comparison.

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
Rainbow Six Siege (45%-60%) Starter edition removed and more changed

A comment says that owners of the Starter Edition get upgraded.

Also, the design of this error message changed (after the maintenance I assume).

unbenanntkbj3g.jpg

REDESIGN SOON??

Anyone notice other changes?

And about THQ, good for Warhorse, Kingdom Come is great but for the next one they need a bigger budget. And more playtesters/QA. On the other side aqusition rampages like the one THQ is on always make me suspicious, seen it before and then suddenly 'oooops we overextended, money running out, ohfuckohshit'. Or shady shit going on.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Soooo... The Evil Within 2 is Splinter Cell to TEW1's Resident Evil?

I did not see this coming tbh... kinda into it tho lol :D

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017

Truberbrook, adventure game with hand crafted backgrounds, dated for March 12th. Another packed month coming.

That looks mighty impressive. Wishlisted.

In other news, I'm continually amazed by Two Point Hospital's level of polish.

The design is so smart & friendly, both in presentation and function.

If you told me this was a Nintendo joint, I wouldn't bat an eyelash.

So damn good.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In other news, I'm continually amazed by Two Point Hospital's level of polish.

The design is so smart & friendly, both in presentation and function.

If you told me this was a Nintendo joint, I wouldn't bat an eyelash.

So damn good.
How's post launch support been for the game? Is it continually being worked on?

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Just started my Origin Premier sub, and wow it's such a huge value for $15 per month. There are lots of interesting non-EA games that I haven't played, from AAA to indies.

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
Trüberbrook in March? Excellent news.

Don't know why that post has so many upvotes, the system for the base operators is the same as since the game came out where you don't have any from the start, but are able to quickly unlock some with the currency you get from tutorials.

Oh. Then please please move on everyone, nothing to see here.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
How's post launch support been for the game? Is it continually being worked on?

Yup, it's still being updated and fine tuned.

TPS has been listening to fan feedback and adding feature requests post-launch (sandbox mode, copy/paste rooms, staff uniform customization, etc.).

Then they released Bigfoot DLC (3 new hospitals in Arctic zone, new diseases, etc.).

And just last week they added a free Interior Designer update to Steam Workshop, allowing people to add custom skins to floors, walls, pictures and such.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Soooo... The Evil Within 2 is Splinter Cell to TEW1's Resident Evil?

I did not see this coming tbh... kinda into it tho lol :D

It's more like going from Dead Space 1 to Dead Space 2 IMO.

Loved Dangerous Golf but both Danger Zones were meeeeeh due to a very limited budget and this looks like more of that. I was rooting for them but even on Steam I would've probably waited for a sale.

I liked Danger Zone 2, but honestly this is one case where I could see the logic of going for the guaranteed money up front from Epic, because they seemed to be struggling.

Last edited:

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm walking around in a big area (as opposed to TEW1 or a traditional RE game's tight corridors and shit) using stealth, killing zombies like I'm Sam Fisher or Snake, how is it not true? Literally cleaned up this entire town via stealth kills so far.

There was plenty of stealth in TEW1 too. Sam Fisher is super deadly compared to his enemies and Sebastian is pretty squishy. I don't know, it just seems like a misleading way to describe the game to someone who hasn't played it.

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
https://www.gog.com/game/away_journey_to_the_unexpected

Away out on GOG already and reviews ain't great. The art-style might still convince me... Eastshade coming out too though.

I liked Danger Zone 2, but honestly this is one case where I could see the logic of going for the guaranteed money up front from Epic, because they seemed to be struggling.

I expected them to close down a while ago so yeah, can't be angry at them for grabbing that last straw but I doubt it'll help in the long run.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

THQ Nordic is doing well.

In his statement, CEO Lars Wingefors described the last three months of 2018 as "a stable quarter with continued growth", and attributed much of the success to the release of Darksiders 3.

He said the game has not only performed within expectations, it has already recouped all the costs of development and marketing. This year, several DLC add-ons will be released to "give the game a further boost", with Darksiders firmly established as "one of the Group's key IPs."

Looks like we're definitely getting more Darksiders, which is great. I felt Darksiders 3 was pretty underrated.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Looks like we're definitely getting more Darksiders, which is great. I felt Darksiders 3 was pretty underrated.
Yeah I actually quite enjoyed Darksiders 3. I played after they added the patch with classic combat. I am not sure how much that changed things but I heard a lot of people weren't happy with the dark souls like combat at launch. I never tried the original combat mode. but yeah it was a good game and I hope more people check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.