• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Since it's your first build. can you take a picture so we can be sure all the cables are correctly inserted? I read stories of people using only 1 8pin power cable instead of 6+8 and getting random crashes under stress. This is also true for stuff like RAM, where it might not be inserted properly.

*Looks at power connector* damn it

Manual and online said to use both for OC'ing, will fix after work.

OMEGALUL

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
Maybe its a year exclusive to the beth launcher, maybe it fails steams cert (xdddddddd), the other crap like the mmo and the card game came to steam, Fallout 76 will probably launch when its actually in a working state. if Rage 2 doesn't came to steam, a good old review bombing will make sure customers stay away from Rage 1 on steam.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
.....well, shiiiiit.....
At least I know I made the right choice from the start.

Jill > Chris

cap-cafe-5.jpg

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Lol RAGE 2 Deluxe Edition was announced 6 months ago and only now people are noticing that it contains XP Booster and Cheat Codes XD

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
Personally I still wouldn't risk it, if there's anything a PC user shouldn't skimp on, it's the power supply. But to each their own, I guess.

May as well reply to this with my own experience. My current power supply is rated 650W, alot more than what my PC needs (i7 9700K, GTX 1060 6GB, soon upgrading to the 1660 Ti), but I didn't get this PSU because of the rated wattage, I got it because it has a good reputation (Seasonic Focus+ Gold, I didn't go for the 550W version only because it wasn't available though).

If he was building a new PC I would recommend a good ~500W PSU too, it's better so save some dosh somewhere else, totally with you there. But looking at his situation I think a 1060 (or 1160) will be a safe upgrade that'll boost the PC's gaming performance by a lot. Another possibility: Directly ask HP if using grahpics card XYZ is okay.

I'd bet it ends up hurting PUBG more than Fortnite. A lot of the big PUBG streamers that didn't make the switch to Fornite seem to be going to Apex, at least for now.

Don't forget that many of the big streamers are getting paid to play whatever new hot thing comes out. Not saying Apex is bad, quite the opposite, but we have to wait and see. It also plays very differently to PUBG, more akin to Blops4's Blackout.

Last edited:

kinjx11

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
JUMP FORCE is available for Ultimate bundle users , it's got an HDR bug where it's always on if your Display got HDR , no way to turn it off currently even in the hidden UE4 .ini

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
Has Bethesda's launcher seen any improvements at all since the Quake Champions launch? I still see nothing but horror stories. I'm interested in Rage 2 but not enough to deal with the pain of using it. Doom is gonna hurt for sure though.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so apparently Higurashi is yandare central?

Purchase justified.

what? Crazy chicks need love too man, don't look at me like that.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Apex plays a lot like Blops but it does it so much better - where the perk abilities in Blops are often obfuscated to enemy players, here the fixed abiltiies allow you to understand and treat enemies accordingly, and in a way that doesn't feel unfair. It also promotes more active ability use since you dont have to mess around with your inventory and figure out which gadget you have to throw, nor do you worry about running out of stock - it never runs out and refreshes pretty fast.

That with the far more varied map layout leans to a far better experience. I can't recall any endgame circle match in Blops, they were all so anticlimatic. In Apex, it's a far more furious and tense finale, with lots of clutch comebacks.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope Bethesda ditches the launcher or moves back to steam for Doom Eternal.....probably won't happen but I don't trust them to put out a good launcher or keep any confidential info safe

Oct 25, 2017
With the Nintendo Direct tomorrow afternoon, maybe we'll get some news on some Capcom ports.

After all, the Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle was revealed in a September Direct last year.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder wether Epic will invest in even more in moneyhats to "establish" their store if Apex Legends can keep its momentum and steal some of that Fortnite money.

Also continueing Metro: Last Light Redux. A thing I read a lot about Metro games with Exodus is their jank but the Redux version doesn't have any so far other than sometimes the areas for picking up loot not working how you think they should work. Shooting feels good which is something I can't say about my time with 2033 vanilla.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
i really really hate the particular brand of colorful post-apoc of rage 2 and whatever farcry we're at

it's such an ugly look i don't get it

if they wanted to be campy i wish they'd gone with a more drab 80's muscly men aesthetic like a hokuto no ken or an exaggerated mad max 2, not this ugly crap

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I've been thinking about the new WIndows 10 insider build. And what I think is going to happen:
- Microsoft will double down on their PC gaming support
- Valve and Microsoft work together (https://www.windowscentral.com/steam-xbox-one-cross-play-tools-hinted-beta-source-code ) for crossplay and cross progression.
- Microsoft will put Xbox Game Studios games on Steam, while Steam will support the Steam Workshop on the Microsoft Store
- Microsoft's Gamepass and Play Anywhere will only be available on the Microsoft Store, but Steam offering better pricing models because no console crossbuy.

4OefcI6.png

I could be horribly wrong tho.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
And something completely different. Who has played 'Foundations' ? Is it a recommendable city builder? I see it's in early access.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about the new WIndows 10 insider build. And what I think is going to happen:
- Valve and Microsoft work together (https://www.windowscentral.com/steam-xbox-one-cross-play-tools-hinted-beta-source-code ) for crossplay and cross progression.
- Microsoft will put Xbox Game Studios games on Steam, while Steam will support the Steam Workshop on the Microsoft Store
- Microsoft's Gamepass and Play Anywhere will only be available on the Microsoft Store, but Steam offering better pricing models because no console crossbuy.

4OefcI6.png

Welp I hope you're ready for disappointment

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe

4OefcI6.png

I'd love to see that but I don't think it's gonna happen.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Supposedly, Valve already allows for crossplatform support with the windows shop, but JaseC can be more precise, as I think it was still a beta?

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

4OefcI6.png

Why and how would Valve support Steam Workshop on MS store?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
i really really hate the particular brand of colorful post-apoc of rage 2 and whatever farcry we're at

it's such an ugly look i don't get it

if they wanted to be campy i wish they'd gone with a more drab 80's muscly men aesthetic like a hokuto no ken or an exaggerated mad max 2, not this ugly crap

Maybe it's an overreaction to the complaints about the shades of brown post apoc games.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Why and how would Valve support Steam Workshop on MS store?

The why;
- Because Microsoft wants to enable modding. And they have plans to further develop modding on their own platform, but including the Steam Workshop could give them quite some goodwill on this front.
- They are currently remastering Age of Empires 2. A game that has a big Steam userbase and has Steam Workshop support. Releasing it without both would make the game DoA

The how:

I know it's a far fetched idea. But their recent remarks about 'Stop threating PC gamers as if they were console gamers' made me think about it. The recent Insider build even more so.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

4OefcI6.png

I'd love to see it happen, but it's not gonna happen.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017

4OefcI6.png

Expecting MS to do the sensible thing wrt to gaming is a recipe for major disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.