• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Microsoft is currently testing playing a non-Microsoft Store Steam game via the Microsoft Store or something via the Insider program. I think we'll see bigger Steam support from Microsoft in the future.

I think it has something to do with this:

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
XrZaOOz.jpg
Nice keycaps for the Anne Pro, definitely better than the stock font.
I got my IC Kira from the Kickstarter last week, and despite all the trouble and delays with KS fulfillment I'm loving it so far.
RKiV2yu.jpg

I love my big Enter keys, feel like a dying breed.

They keep replacing them with those shitty thin keys.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Woah, for a spinning drive that's pretty damn good. Maybe I need to upgrade my internal WD black 2TB to something fancier. Mind you I use that mostly for music/videos/older games as I have 2 x 1TB SSDs for the rest.

I went for P300 because it was cheaper than WD Black for same or sometimes even better performances.

Dan.

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
London & Taiwan
Got a new RTX 2080 laptop, the msi Gs65. I've been used to 90fps on my ultrawide this whole time... And now I've been experiencing 144hz, and shit. Can''t believe the edge it's given me in Seige etc.

Pretty bummed at the same time, kinda wish I didn't experience dat sweet, sweet 144hz

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
The dream has come true.
I promise I didnt go to Stockholm and showed them pictures of you crying at Vampire the Masquerade and asking for a game similar to CK2 with the IP.

Or did I?

I don't think Obsidian has ever shown any interest in emergent storytelling.
It was mostly a joke about how Paradox does better storytelling but I modified so that not that many people would get triggered. I guess I failed. I also wanted to link that video of Paradox explaining that concept which is pretty cool.

Oct 25, 2017
I might get my new monitor today, is there any game in particular that's good showcase for GSync stuff? I'm....honestly not even sure what to expect.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I might get my new monitor today, is there any game in particular that's good showcase for GSync stuff? I'm....honestly not even sure what to expect.
I'd probably start off with a locked 60fps game (or 30fps, depending on your monitor's frequency) and then an unlocked game with a fluctuating framerate, or simply a game you don't feel is smooth in general.

Enjoy. :)

Last edited:

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Yakuza 0 is amazing but having to tolerate one minute of unskippable cutscenes/dialogue/animations every time you fail a minigame sure gets tiresome

It gets worse if you start playing the climax battles. You can't retry them without going thru the menu and wasting at least 30 seconds.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Dancing side quest literally made me stop playing it, need to go back as I'm sure I'll have less trouble as a break helps with those things.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Ugh, newest Brave on android removed the "open link in new tab" on long press, why would you do that.

Edit: Switched to Bromite. Seems good.

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to treat myself.

Fancied playing some Sniper Elite, saw JC4 on sale again so thought fuck it, and I heard Rimworld was amazing.

44a83fa1-0190-4dd7-b78e-6713526b1f10.png

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Got a new RTX 2080 laptop, the msi Gs65. I've been used to 90fps on my ultrawide this whole time... And now I've been experiencing 144hz, and shit. Can''t believe the edge it's given me in Seige etc.

Pretty bummed at the same time, kinda wish I didn't experience dat sweet, sweet 144hz
It's hard even going back to 60 tbh

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I've chosen the 4K 60 lifestyle, games looking like cg is pretty cool.

Tablet is 120hz tho which has made browsing from my tv or phone a pretty chunky experience. Still need to replace my monitor but I've spent nearly 2 grand on computer parts in the last 5 months because it was a full motherboard/ram refresh so it can wait a while lol.

Mostly did it now for metro but given the whole fiasco and lack of performance information about rtx support nearly 2 weeks after they said it was coming I'm a bit worried.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
last purchases for the lunar sales are god eater 3 and ZoE the 2nd runner now to wait for S;G elite and kaziklu bey!

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
Oh yes, fuck this crap, bowling cutscenes are the worst, almost gone mad while trying to get 3 strikes in a row.
Yeah no way I'm doing that one lol, I tried bowling and I did a few strikes but it wasn't really fun
It gets worse if you start playing the climax battles. You can't retry them without going thru the menu and wasting at least 30 seconds.
Do you mean the climax battles from the main menu? Is there some reward for doing those.
Dancing side quest literally made me stop playing it, need to go back as I'm sure I'll have less trouble as a break helps with those things.
Not looking forward to this :(. Already hate the Karaoke because of the awful keymapping it uses

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Upgraded my PC with an RTX 2070 for Anthem mainly (although I'm also sick of multiplatfrom games at 30fps on console). Also upgraded my RAM from 8GB's of 800MHz memory to 16GB's of 1866MHz memory.

Thinking about going for an SSD too. Does the speed of RAM and HDD effect framerate much?

My CPU is an i5 4690k @4GHz. I hope it's not a bottleneck for modern games.

Will my Game Pass subscription work on PC?

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
To be honest, Spellbreak is so unlikely to succeed either way that devs would likely benefit more from guaranteed Epic money. Nothing against the game, but BR genre is such a red ocean that I don't see anything but truly exceptional titles surviving to become profitable.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Upgraded my PC with an RTX 2070 for Anthem mainly (although I'm also sick of multiplatfrom games at 30fps on console). Also upgraded my RAM from 8GB's of 800MHz memory to 16GB's of 1866MHz memory.

Thinking about going for an SSD too. Does the speed of RAM and HDD effect framerate much?

Faster RAM can be somewhat helpful in situations where you're CPU-limited, and having a game installed on an SSD can alleviate data streaming-related stuttering. Digital Foundry did a video on the former.

Oct 25, 2017
My Lunar Sale haul, because why not:

• Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man/Galaga/Dig Dug
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Gold Edition
  • The Lion King
  • Perception
  • Planet Coaster - Studio Pack
  • Raiden Legacy
  • Soulcalibur VI Deluxe
  • Star Wars Episode I Racer

Oct 25, 2017
I bought Gorogoa (good), Qurantine Circular (bad), The Division (fun with friends?), Elder Scrolls Online (also fun with friends) and all the pig emojis cause what else am I going to do with those coins.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
This discount stuff is coming in handy.

fb8928d0-bb52-4710-953f-19ac1459be90.png

Like the golden profile too, a shame it isn't permanent.

bbe53873-ec2d-4a33-b747-37f37cab0689.png

Oct 25, 2017
I really like Subsurface Circular but the story in Quarantine was just.......incredibly unpredictable.
Like, was I supposed to doubt that Gabriel was here to help? I feel like that's the entire crux of the story but it was soooooo obvious that the game wasn't going to end with a "Welp, I hope you learned that you should always kill the things you don't understand!" message. The characters were pretty clicheéd as well. You have the good humans, the one evil human and some in-betweens and it all felt so flat and lifeless.

I just fail to see the point of it. Was "should we let this alien help us or continue to do it on our own and let millions die until we figure it out?" supposed to be a tough question?
Like, there are interesting implications with some things but the game doesn't really touch on them at all.

It just felt like they wanted to tell a much bigger story than they eventually did.

Last edited:

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I have the lunar badge maxed out and enough coins to get the gold profile+time extension on it and, just bleh. It's so tacky looking lol. I think my last 8k tokens will just go to waste.

Too bad you can't convert them to something useful, like gems or something.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Alita Battle Angel turned out to be pretty good. Depressingly, it was much better than Ghost in the Shell. CGI is getting freakishly good.

Status
Not open for further replies.