• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am not in favor of this. Why should we artificially narrow the scope of the awards and push games just because they came out that year? If they can't compete on their own against 5-to-10-year-old games, they don't deserve the spotlight.

What does this even mean when were talking about a pure popularity contest? Why does a excellent but niche game not deserve the spotlight over an average but very mainstream title?

Most awesome GOTY contenders and winners are forgotten within half a year, their only legacy to gaming being a GOTY winner/contender. (eg. Dragon Age Inquisition)

Yeah, this is just bullshit. You literally named the only game where this is regularily the case.

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Eh, kinda of a mixed bag, while I like the font of the key caps, not being able to have the light shine through it is a bit of a bummer.

h3d0L6u.jpg

V5oxECJ.jpg

I even tried mixing the Anne Pro keys with the other key set, wasn't too bad but I might just switch back, the keycaps might be used for another project.

XrZaOOz.jpg

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
I ultimately don't think the awards should be limited to the calendar year. Every other site on the planet does the "Best graphics, best sound, best gameplay..." categories for the year. Valve should keep making weird specific categories that involve digging through your library to pull out the games that fit. It's a nice break from the norm. That said, once the nomination choices are in it's just so easy to tell who's going to win each category which is a bummer.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Finished Prey and still consider it one of the best games of the generation but fuck if Arkane don't put out the worst endings in the industry. Super sudden, short, and barely acknowledges your actions like the environmental storytelling does.

Edit: take it back since there's a post credit sequence I need to process and is much better than what they normally do.

Last edited:

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Prey and still consider it one of the best games of the generation but fuck if Arkane don't put out the worst endings in the industry. Super sudden, short, and barely acknowledge your actions like the environmental storytelling does.

Edit: take it back there's a post credit sequence I need to process
I feel a (classic) Fallout style epilogue would be fairly appropriate for their games in terms of the vast number of things you can ultimately effect , except that it would spoil a lot of the things you are free to do in the first place. So I understand that they don't want to make a long and drawn out "here's all the things you did, in case you forgot" reel.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
God Eater 3 #1 in global top sellers. During sale too so kinda impressive for a somewhat low key launch.

Finished Prey and still consider it one of the best games of the generation but fuck if Arkane don't put out the worst endings in the industry. Super sudden, short, and barely acknowledges your actions like the environmental storytelling does.

Edit: take it back since there's a post credit sequence I need to process and is much better than what they normally do.

The ending is definitely of the weakest part of the game from what I remember. But that whole adventure along with everything leading up to it was amazing.

By far and away the most underrated game this gen. Such a shame it didn't get all the acclaim, hype and sales like the other big games this gen. Thankfully it was made and it exists in our libraries. Being cryengine gonna make it age well and worth replaying in the future too.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Got to say even at 4K it had the worst anti-aliasing solution I've ever seen for a pc game and there wasn't enough performance headway at 60 to force msaa. Going to need to replay it at 8k in a few years lol

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Prey's level design, environmental storytelling and RPG elements are soooo good but I wish it wasn't so reliant on bad jump scares and had not-terrible audio design. Would've been so much more compelling if it had just kept this sense of eerie dread (not unlike DH2) rather than encouraging you to beat the shit out of every coffee mug you saw with a wrench.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Just played the demo for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and it was super fun! Kinda want to buy the entire package which is on sale.

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just played the demo for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and it was super fun! Kinda want to buy the entire package which is on sale.
It's a better game than it had any right to be, but also gets repetitive sooner than you expect. They kinda needed to tighten it up and not wait so long to bring some environmental variety to the table.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Ace Combat 7 hard mode is actually hard in a way I'm not used to when a game says that and you can't change difficulty. Tearing my hair out on half these missions

Dialogue/story in this thing in hysterical, feels like it was written by aliens. Early game plot point is a secret base that's actually just a decoy detention center with prisoners who they make fly fake missions.......where you do real mission stuff like blow up planes

Last edited:

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018

Putting 95% of the ending after the credits was not a smart move, but when it gets there I really like what they did and how the game comments on how you played.

Nov 1, 2017

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I am not in favor of this. Why should we artificially narrow the scope of the awards and push games just because they came out that year? If they can't compete on their own against 5-to-10-year-old games, they don't deserve the spotlight. Most awesome GOTY contenders and winners are forgotten within half a year, their only legacy to gaming being a GOTY winner/contender. i.e. Dragon Age Inquisition.

But I am biased, I still play decade old games relative often and rarely jump into new games, unless they are titles where I know they will be supported for years.

I'd agree if Valve were creative with the categories again, but this year, Most Fun with a Machine was the exception, not the rule. If we presume that Valve shifted to a more traditional "best thing" format because it'll be the template going forward, then surely it would be better to limit the scope to games released on Steam over the past year so that there's no risk of familiar faces hogging the spotlight.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I got pretty absorbed into Riddick because unlike RE2 I can play it for more than an hour or so without getting on edge.

The ending really threw me for a loop

it wasn't the ending! Hopefully I'll finish it tomorrow.

On a related topic. Has anyone played Assault on Dark Athena? I've never heard anything good about it so I figured I would skip it.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
I'd agree if Valve were creative with the categories again, but this year, Most Fun with a Machine was the exception, not the rule. If we presume that Valve shifted to a more traditional "best thing" format because it'll be the template going forward, then surely it would be better to limit the scope to games released on Steam over the past year so that there's no risk of familiar faces hogging the spotlight.

At the end of the show they seemed to indicate that they'd be taking category suggestions from the chat. So aside from all the "games that weren't HL3" categories, I'm sure there were some interesting ones in there. In my opinion their 2017 categories were more fun. The nominations were better too.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I got pretty absorbed into Riddick because unlike RE2 I can play it for more than an hour or so without getting on edge.

The ending really threw me for a loop

it wasn't the ending! Hopefully I'll finish it tomorrow.

On a related topic. Has anyone played Assault on Dark Athena? I've never heard anything good about it so I figured I would skip it.

AoDA is excellent but kind of short.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
So, I've just 'bought' Game Corp DX from Chrono.GG's coin store, for once without checking my Steam library... and of course, I already own it. Drop me a PM if you'd like the key.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
Yakuza 0 is amazing but having to tolerate one minute of unskippable cutscenes/dialogue/animations every time you fail a minigame sure gets tiresome

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I bought Tetris Effect on sale on PSN.

I hope it comes to PC one day because that game is fucking AMAZEBALLS. I know, it's Tetris, but the "depth" VR adds to Tetris is insane. Feels like Im meditating or something while playing it.

Liking it much mroe than Puyo Tetris and I love Puyo Tetris.

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
Since we've been dissing trashy game journalists I have to give props to Game Informer, they're one of the few gaming sites I still bother with and their coverage of Outer Worlds is pretty good so far (goes for every big cover story they have).

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, kinda of a mixed bag, while I like the font of the key caps, not being able to have the light shine through it is a bit of a bummer.

h3d0L6u.jpg

V5oxECJ.jpg

I even tried mixing the Anne Pro keys with the other key set, wasn't too bad but I might just switch back, the keycaps might be used for another project.

XrZaOOz.jpg

nice, what is that?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
PaiD BR on the same place as Fortnite? Bold move.

In general I think paid BR died some months ago, it is just not capable of reaching the mass necessary (once each mp requires 50 players and death is fast and kicks you out of the game, you need maaany simultaneous games to have good player response). Launching in Fortnite launcher and just after Apex is some bad luck.

Hopefully the devs got paid enough so even if the game flops they dont go under.

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Exodus probably sold more on Steam during those few hours after the Steam removal announcement came and it was removed then it will do during it's lifetime on EGS.

Taborcarn

Oct 27, 2017
Nice keycaps for the Anne Pro, definitely better than the stock font.
I got my IC Kira from the Kickstarter last week, and despite all the trouble and delays with KS fulfillment I'm loving it so far.
RKiV2yu.jpg

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Goddamn, this is nice!

The feature of Crackdown 3 Stone got most excited to talk about won't matter for most gamers, but will likewise excite the PC crowd who love to fiddle with their settings. Crackdown 3 ships with some deep diagnostics—stuff that Microsoft used to dial-in performance during testing—that you'll be able to use yourself. "We show you real time graphs of if you're dropping a frame, where, why it happens, did the GPU drop the frame or the CPU, so we actually provide a full on-screen overlay of diagnostics that you can turn on if you want to, to self-tune to the experience that you prefer," Stone said.
It seems to be shaping up well, doubly so with the unlocked framerate not having an effect on the multiplayer capabilities of destruction physics.

Status
Not open for further replies.