• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is Fromsoft just playing it safe with these specs? (These are for Sekiro by the way)

4K recommended operating environment

OS

Windows 7 - 64 Bit / Windows 8.1 - 64 Bit / Windows 10 - 64 Bit

CPU

Intel Core i7-8700K | AMD Ryzen 2700X

GPU

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti | AMD Radeon Vega 64

RAM

16 GB

Hard disk capacity

25 GB or more

DirectX

DirectX 11

Sound card

DirectX 11 sound device
I don't see these specs on Steam page, and even if these are real that's for playing in 4K.

Here are the actual requirements.
pWfVYGf.jpg

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Steam would retire the "minimum/recommenced" model of PC requirements. Just give a bunch of resolution/framerate combinations and show the rigs the dev tested them on for good performance in that bracket.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I wish Steam would retire the "minimum/recommenced" model of PC requirements. Just give a bunch of resolution/framerate combinations and show the rigs the dev tested them on for good performance in that bracket.

Thankfully we've started to see that more and more lately. Even one extra config for "enthusiast" makes a lot of difference.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
I wasn't planning to buy or play God Eater 3 any time soon, but this review sold me on it:
unknown.png

Also, -20% discount for owning previous games are nice and regional prices in my current are not fucked, which made this decision quite easy.

Deleted member 4044

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, Recommended does nothing for me these days. Recommended for who - 1080p users at 60Hz? I'm using a 1440p ultrawide.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't until I played God Eater that I recognized how obtuse and unintuitive Monster Hunter must feel to new players.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Damn, Prey has gone from a game I played a few hours of and almost forgot about to top 5 of the generation. Still have Death of the Outsider to play too tho after they both sold poorly I purposely left it on the burner since immersive sims are dead again ;-;. Bought both day one at least.

Does Mooncrash have story bits or is it just a rougelike?

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Damn, Prey has gone from a game I played a few hours of and almost forgot about to top 5 of the generation. Still have Death of the Outsider to play too tho after they both sold poorly I purposely left it on the burner since immersive sims are dead again ;-;. Bought both day one at least.

Does Mooncrash have story bits or is it just a rougelike?
That reminds me that I have to give Prey another chance. Gave up after ~2h. Just wasn't feeling it.

Oct 27, 2017

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
That reminds me that I have to give Prey another chance. Gave up after ~2h. Just wasn't feeling it.
Depending on what you didn't like you might still bounce off it but I reached a point where my abilities had progressed enough that there were always 5 ways to approach any enemy encounter. Plus I was intrigued enough by the events going on that I had one of my longer gaming sessions in a while yesterday.
Mooncrash has new story content, but even moreso than the base game you'll have to piece it together yourself. The five playable characters have little story arcs that interweave.
Good to know thanks! Will pick that up and give it a go once I finish the main game which seems like it'll be soon.

On a similar note how involved is the storytelling in Subnautica? Got crazy reviews and the deep stuff looks terrifying and tense in a way I appreciate but wondering if you go 5 hours of resource gathering without even an audiolog.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Depending on what you didn't like you might still bounce off it but I reached a point where my abilities had progressed enough that there was always 5 ways to approach any enemy encounter. Plus I was intrigued enough by the events going on that I had one of my longer gaming sessions in a while yesterday.
It was mostly the gameplay. Can't put my finger on what exactly, though.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So who's excited for the Steam Awards broadcast in 3 hours?

No one?

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
On a similar note how involved is the storytelling in Subnautica? Got crazy reviews and the deep stuff looks terrifying and tense in a way I appreciate but wondering if you go 5 hours of resource gathering without even an audiolog.

The storytelling is very smart for the genre.

There are story bits in the form of logs and such that leave a breadcrumb trail to more advanced tech and undiscovered areas of the map. So you're essentially getting 3 for 1 in how the loop is designed. Narrative, equipment, exploration.

Don't miss it. Subnatuica is sublime.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
I thought you had some sort of love/hate relationship with these games? I mean, you did manage to actually finish God Eater 2, right?
i finished like the first ending, everything past that gets even grindier and the difficulty scales up very disproportionally to how i would enjoy it. and i get the feeling mhw works the same way. these games will throw some brick wall at you and ask you to grind to clear it and it's just not how i enjoy playing them. i feel i don't enjoy these games without the drip feed of new enemies, locations and gear, and when that comes to a halt because i have to grind to progress i just lose interest. god eater was relatively good at that since they kept throwing costumes at you all the time, monster hunter made you work a little more but it plays much better and i love the world feeling like a real living thing so that made it much easier to digest

i actually didn't outright hate god eater 2 when i played it. i did think the story and character designs were garbage at the time, but i liked the gameplay loop and it was my only experience with monster hunter style games so i still appreciated it

now having played games with much better story and character designs (toukiden) and gameplay and world design (monster hunter world), both of which feature running around locations rather than tiny instances, it just makes god eater look terrible

like ok monster hunter world is fairly more expensive but toukiden is pretty cheap and plays so much better than god eater, with more weapon variety and better controls, and it's still hella anime if that's what you're looking for. get that instead

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
So that Geralt/MH crossover isn't coming to PC until much later than consoles?

Nice.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
Far Cry 5 is pretty good. Like the ideal game where you can just turn your brain off and run around doing lots of crazy random shit. There is plenty AI partners too and even a dog friend :D

The interface/hud options are fantastic too. Good work Ubisoft.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017

Ive been playing Subnautica all day and i love it. It drip feeds you places to go check out via radio reports which open up new areas/resources. Ive build myself a little base which is my safe space because the game can be very creepy, i get this deep feeling of dread from delving deeper but at the same time the sense of exploration is amazing. Basically.....

Subnatuica is sublime.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Ive been playing Subnautica all day and i love it. It drip feeds you places to go check out via radio reports which open up new areas/resources. Ive build myself a little base which is my safe space because the game can be very creepy, i get this deep feeling of dread from delving deeper but at the same time the sense of exploration is amazing. Basically.....
I want to play this game, but I have an intense fear of the ocean. I was able to play Abzu, and only felt uncomfortable when you dive deep in that game. I should just install and see how it affects me.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
I want to play this game, but I have an intense fear of the ocean. I was able to play Abzu, and only felt uncomfortable when you dive deep in that game. I should just install and see how it affects me.

Honestly it scares the shit out of me when i get to a shelf and the ocean floor just drops away. I would recommend trying it as there is a lot to like but yeah, it will make you uneasy if you have a fear of the ocean.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Honestly it scares the shit out of me when i get to a shelf and the ocean floor just drops away. I would recommend trying it as there is a lot to like but yeah, it will make you uneasy if you have a fear of the ocean.
Ha, that exact situation is what makes me feel the most uncomfortable when watching like Planet Earth or anything that focuses on the ocean. I just won't play with headphones, that usually helps.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Also i managed to find SATA Splitter cable but i had to ride bike for 7km at 3°C to get it XD But at least my HDD is operational now and i can start cleaning my old HDD and trensfering data to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.