• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
That moment when you get new HDD to replace old one but then you realize that old HDD used molex power connector and new one uses SATA one, and you are out of SATA power connectors XD

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
Civ VI Gathering Storm on 14th of February.
HoI IV Man the Guns on 28th of February.
Imperator: Rome on the 24th of April.

First half of the year is set.

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
Overclocked i5-6600k @ 4.4

If you've invested a hefty sum into a 2080 + Gsync monitor it makes no sense to not upgrade the CPU too since that GPU is twiddling thumbs in lots of newer games, practically ruining your price/performance ratio. I'm sure you could get a used 6700K for relatively cheap and the Hyperthreading alone would probably help a bunch with those lows/frametimes (+ 16GB RAM).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
If you've invested a hefty sum into a 2080 + Gsync monitor it makes no sense to not upgrade the CPU too since that GPU is twiddling thumbs in lots of newer games, practically ruining your price/performance ratio. I'm sure you could get a used 6700K for relatively cheap and the Hyperthreading alone would probably help a bunch with those lows/frametimes (+ 16GB RAM).
Nah, in no rush to upgrade the CPU. It doesn't hold me back in any games other than Ubisoft ones.

Plus, I'm fairly sure I'd need a new mobo.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Great tho that this fuck-up proved their approval process to be full of shit too.
First their 12% cut, now this. What's next?

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Axiom Verge dev said the game is already fixed on EGS, but still, really funny mess up. Gonna download and play it though, I've wanted to check it out for a while. Between that, Division 2, and Apex, I've got a full weekend ahead of me.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Yeesh
Need to dl all of Hitman Season 1 on my PS4. After that gotta fire up Hitman 2 so it'll recognize the Hitman 1 content and then unlock them for itself.
I know the FAQ gives step by step how to do it but far as I've seen this is the best way for me to get it all done @_@

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

I guess Epic will now be even more aggressive.

I've never considered launch numbers for The Next Big F2P Thing to be very meaningful. I mean, it's obviously great that the game has caught a lot of attention, but what really matters is player retention. People tend to have a habit of trying out the shiny new thing for a while and then returning to their time killer of choice (see: CoD on PC).

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
So Apex is a big hit.

I wonder how the new Planetside will do next month.

Kind of ridiculous how BR continues to be be huge. Probably room for like 2-3 more big games.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
I've never considered launch numbers for The Next Big F2P Thing to be very meaningful. I mean, it's obviously great that the game has caught a lot of attention, but what really matters is player retention. People tend to have a habit of trying out the shiny new thing for a while and then returning to their time killer of choice (see: CoD on PC).

Yeah, Blackout wasn't the twitch powerhouse game it was touted after the beta numbers.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
The nightmares in Prey manage to be terrifying while looking goofy as all shit

Made it to the arboretum and it's just perfect, if you dropped this game like I did run back to it immediately!

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Good for Apex and Respawn. It's absolutely deserved. They've made a refreshing battle royale game while adding a game changing mechanic in the ping. I expect other BR games to implement that in the coming months.

The nightmares in Prey manage to be terrifying while looking goofy as all shit

Made it to the arboretum and it's just perfect, if you dropped this game like I did run back to it immediately!

I need to actually finish that game. I got like six hours in, but combat never clicked with me, so I just dropped it. But I love the setting and story, so I think I may just drop it down to easy to get through the game.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow. Escape Goat 2 is 1.99. I've been waiting on a good discount for a while now.

Creepy Castle is 2.99 (reviews seem very positive)

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
Nah, in no rush to upgrade the CPU. It doesn't hold me back in any games other than Ubisoft ones.

Plus, I'm fairly sure I'd need a new mobo.

Your call ofc, I just don't understand pairing a ~800€ GPU with an old 200€ quadcore CPU and thus accepting any bottlenecking at all. The lack of cores actually does choke that 2080 in other recent games too, many of them utilize more, it's really not only Ubi.

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Your call ofc, I just don't understand pairing a ~800€ GPU with an old 200€ quadcore CPU and thus accepting any bottlenecking at all. The lack of cores actually does choke that 2080 in other recent games too, many of them utilize more, it's really not only Ubi.
I plan on getting a new mobo, cpu etc, just not yet

Status
Not open for further replies.