• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I need a new PC but don't want to build it. Does CyberPowerPC do an okay job with custom builds?

The skeleton of my current PC is a CyberPowerPC, but really all that's left of the original components is the CPU/mobo/wifi card/case... so I'm not sure how qualified I am to speak on their quality. Only reason I got it was my old rig up and died during the middle of last year's crypto bs.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of spiritual sequels to Stalker coming out, with Exodus being the most famous (the earlier Metro games had the linear nature and the focus on the underground levels that made them more its own thing).

Not that I'm complaining.

Oct 25, 2017
So, do I have to go by Nvidias "Freesnyc compatible" monitors list when looking for a monitor? I think I remember reading that all (most?) Freesync monitors will work with Gsync? Is the correct?

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
So, do I have to go by Nvidias "Freesnyc compatible" monitors list when looking for a monitor? I think I remember reading that all (most?) Freesync monitors will work with Gsync? Is the correct?
There is a limited number of Freesync monitors that Nvidia deems "good enough" that are enabled now automatically (or soon, not sure if this is already available in the newest drivers) But for the vast majority you'll have to enable it manually.
It's described here: https://www.pcworld.com/article/333...c-monitor-support-geforce-graphics-cards.html

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Those that haven't been given the green tick may exhibit abnormal behaviour when Gsync is forcibly enabled. Here's Reddit's master list of community-tested monitors.

Ja-

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I feel like a sucker for wanting to buy games just to have my profile be golden till next year

Deleted member 4044

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Complaining about what, performance? I think those are some of the most optimized games available. The complaints mostly came from the games' content and EA monetization, which have nothing to do with engine.

About bugs. There was a long period of time where you couldn't mark progress towards certain objectives in Tides of War in BFV. That's a major selling point of the game.

I know it's 2019 but, I just bought my first ever SSD. A 1TB MX500. I cloned my current HDD and holy mother of Gepetto. I've been missing out.
SSD for everything? I only use my SSD for the OS, games are still on a HDD. Regarding what I play, I don't think it would really made that much difference for me.
I was stuck with outdated hardware for yeeaars, finally buying a new PC was like going from a moped to a Ferrari. :D

AINTneauxACID

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to download TD2 beta and the download speed eventually cuts in half and doesn't rise until I pause the download and restart it. Any ideas why?

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
The ES IsThereAnyDeal fork got an update:

Enhanced Steam has been updated to 0.9.2
This release includes the following changes:
  • In this version we have focused on adding more features from the original extensions, improving compatibility and working on bugfixes. The most amount of work has been done on Inventories.
They re-added buttons for quick selling, turning items into gems instantly and so on.

Trying to download TD2 beta and the download speed eventually cuts in half and doesn't rise until I pause the download and restart it. Any ideas why?

Only when downloading Division 2 or other Uplay games too? Some issue with your firewall maybe. I recently had terrible speeds with Origin and what helped was turning on UPnP in my router. Check proxy settings in Windows. Try another DNS-server. Flush DNS. Superhard to troubleshoot from afar.

Last edited:

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Paid reviews dont mean you have to like the game, it just means that they are paying you to feature the game. You can speak your mind, issue is that the publisher normally ask to approve before it is posted online so you are normally not allowed to be super critical.

Legally you are also forced to disclose that information, but it is not about you getting paid to give a good review but rather for advertising the game (think about all promotions most Youtubers have to do nowadays in their videos).

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
You, a troglodyte: watches paid review Youtube clips.

Me, an intellectual: reads Filip Miucin's reviews.

Endruen

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Paid reviews dont mean you have to like the game, it just means that they are paying you to feature the game. You can speak your mind, issue is that the publisher normally ask to approve before it is posted online so you are normally not allowed to be super critical.

Legally you are also forced to disclose that information, but it is not about you getting paid to give a good review but rather for advertising the game (think about all promotions most Youtubers have to do nowadays in their videos).
Yeah, but giving a bad review to the game will probably ensure you will not get sponsored by that company again, meaning that if you work at a gaming journalism site like IGN, your boss will probably tell you to give it a good score just to keep the money coming.

Nov 4, 2017
Baltimore, MD

FO76 by a mile. I think the mistake Sony did was compare their product to what was on the market. Sure the NES/SNES classic were better however most of the market is dominated by crappy At@Games retro consoles and the PS Classic is better than those.

FO76 Bethesda missed every conceivable measurement.

Reminds me, last night I went all Marie Kondo on my desktop.

Does the Steam launcher spark joy? Yes, yes it does.
Does the Origin launcher spark joy? Yes, yes it does.
Does the Uplay launcher spark joy? Yes, yes it does.
Does the Blizzard launcher spark joy? Yes, yes it does.
Does the Epic launcher spark joy? Not yet but its still new so it can stay.
Does the Bethesda launcher spark joy?........

Oct 30, 2017
SSD for everything? I only use my SSD for the OS, games are still on a HDD. Regarding what I play, I don't think it would really made that much difference for me.
I was stuck with outdated hardware for yeeaars, finally buying a new PC was like going from a moped to a Ferrari. :D

I use it for everything, yes. Slightly better load times in games but system boots up in seconds. :D

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but giving a bad review to the game will probably ensure you will not get sponsored by that company again, meaning that if you work at a gaming journalism site like IGN, your boss will probably tell you to give it a good score just to keep the money coming.
this is based on nothing since it's been forever since i wrote reviews and i only did it for a very short while since i was crap at it, but it never really worked like that. like i didn't have an editor tell me don't review this game too harshly because there's an ad deal or something like that. i think gaming press for the most part is fairly independent and will judge games on the game's merits and publication's/reviewer's values

doesn't mean there's no publisher pressure or influence but i don't think real publications just get "bought out" like that

i think that's a bigger issue with influencers and youtubers and such since there's a lot less accountability, editorializing, peer reviewing, etc. despite some of the work being done by these people massively outclassing what's often published by these big publications like ign etc.

then again all publications, not just the gaming press, suffer from this sort of influence, often much more pervasively and sinisterly so, so i feel in the grand scheme of things whatever "ethics in games journalism" problem there might be is laughably insignificant

like compare the gaming press to the real press and i'd be like ok maybe we're not so bad off

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Geez, how often will people "discuss" the "paid reviews topic"? Sure, IGN bosses are going to their editors and telling them: "Hey, you need to give this game at least a 8.5 score". Seriously? There is paid content, paid articles, etc. those are clearly marked on a lot of pages. It's funny how journalists are obviously all getting paid by Publishers for doing positive reviews, but those Streamers and YouTubers are all honest gamers...sure ;)

Sorry, just getting kind of p... when this topic keeps coming up. I've worked on both sides, developer/publisher and as a journalist and freelance journalist and there is no such thing.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
And Ubisoft partnered with AMD for new releases and stopped including Nvidia tech. Tnx AMD and Ubisoft...

Status
Not open for further replies.