• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
That's why I stopped viewing my games as a backlog which screams to do list to me. I'm an expert at avoiding to do lists. I just view them as a library, a library I can jump around depending on mood.

I also realize that future games may not appeal to me as much as I get older so having a nice diverse library will be great. Of course it's also served as a great source of research and reference for me during my career. I view it the same way I do my library of design books.
This is how I feel now as well. Until recent years I viewed my backlog as a to-do list, and like forced myself to play through a game. Now if I'm not feeling it, I'll drop it for something else until I find something that catches my attention. I may go back to that game some other time, but if it doesn't fully grab me, no reason to force myself to play through a game if I'm not enjoying it.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
e089668.jpg

This new achievement in Hearts of Iron 4 is something alright. Workers of the world unite!

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
There is such an option on the gg.deals website, but I think it would take into account the lowest previous prices not on the Steam store as well.

EDIT: For example - https://gg.deals/gb/deals/?onlyHistoricalLow=1&sort=metascore&store=4

You can log in and exclude owned games as well.

Thanks. I have changed the presets:

It is better to make sure the deal started recently to avoid listing games which are not discounted at all, like Obra Dinn.

And you can sort by "deal rating".

xdu0txk.png

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
What's a good FreeSync/GSync monitor? Not looking for a 1000€ monitor but something in the 300-400 range would be fine.
Also, is GSync actually worth it? Like, really? My current monitor is still pretty good (also widescreen which is nice for work) so I would only consider "upgrading" if it's really a noticeable difference

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
They've been released...? Also while the 2060 looks appealing now those 2GB less VRAM might make it a bad buy if someone want to use it for a relatively long time.
I haven't paid that close attention to video cards the last few months, and might not for a couple more but I'll keep that in mind thanks!

Thanks to Kalor for sharing it.

Welp buying that now.

This is not a money-making exercise, so instead of selling a PDF at a lower tier, we will release a PDF for free at some point after everyone who ordered a physical copy gets theirs.

hmm maybe not... I don't need any more books to be sitting around in boxes for years.

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any decent flat 16:9 27" 120hz+ 1440p/4k VA monitors out there yet? Most I see are curved with no flat option :(

Oct 30, 2017
I know it's 2019 but, I just bought my first ever SSD. A 1TB MX500. I cloned my current HDD and holy mother of Gepetto. I've been missing out.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
One account (well, a main account and an alt I created after I was unjustly banned from my preferred CS:S server), but since I bought stuff across a few different store regions, I have a few different coin balances as coins don't transfer across currencies like, say, Steam Wallet funds do. The amount of coins you can earn per x currency units spent, the number of currency units you need to spend to earn coins, and the discount you can acquire with the coins all vary currency to currency, so each one has its own coin pool.
wait are you jp morgan

e089668.jpg

This new achievement in Hearts of Iron 4 is something alright. Workers of the world unite!
where is this game how do i buy it

Are you saying that you're not thinking too hard about RimWorld 'cause it's the least or most attractive out of the bunch?

'Cause either way RimWorld is the best out of that bunch. :p
just not in the mindset for that kind of game atm

right now my life is full of immediate mindless low brow needs

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
What's a good FreeSync/GSync monitor? Not looking for a 1000€ monitor but something in the 300-400 range would be fine.
Also, is GSync actually worth it? Like, really? My current monitor is still pretty good (also widescreen which is nice for work) so I would only consider "upgrading" if it's really a noticeable difference
Gsync is a game changer imho

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
The new subnautica looks really interesting but they're not kidding when they talk about bugs. Someone had their base sink under ground, others had mission specific items despawn. At least they give you plenty of warning, there's even a pop up in game about how after a point the story gets really buggy. I think I'll hold off till it's a bit more polished.

Oct 27, 2017

Gsync/freesync is definitely worth it. I find it difficult to go back to screens without it sometimes.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Deleted member 4044

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having fun with Apex so far. Amazing how many people flock to a EA published multiplayer shooter when an engine other than Frostbite is used

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Bought Okami HD off of Fanatical - it was $8.99 plus the 8% coupon made it $8.27.

On Steam its $13.99 lol

Anyways, finished both the US and British campaigns for Call of Duty 1 - doing the Russian campaign now.

Also anime wise....I finished Turn A Gundam....dat ending was rushed though...

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
"Competition is a good thing. Until the Take-Two store opens and is the only place you can buy the new Grand Theft Auto and 2K sport titles. Then the competition can suck it."

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/

new league season means i've played like zero games on steam

i think mhw is pretty much dead for me at this point, i wanna play hitman but new league season has me super hooked

also pls subscribe to my super cool curator, i'm definitely not trying to promote it

pls it's important for my self steem

i knew it

can't trust you spider people
don't you mean self e-steam

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, I might skip the $5 coupon thing. My cart has Pool Panic and Yoku's Island Express, two games I expect to be bundled before I even get to them. We'll see if I can find another 15 or so to add to it.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I see so much more complaining about both of those games. And Battlefield V is such an incomplete game for even half the price
Complaining about what, performance? I think those are some of the most optimized games available. The complaints mostly came from the games' content and EA monetization, which have nothing to do with engine.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Opened a door and was surprised by zombies, causing me to yelp, which then caused my wife in the other room doing laundry to yelp.

Damn game 😆

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Wait why is Mr. X called "Tyrant" when tyrant is a very different thing in the RE universe?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait why is Mr. X called "Tyrant" when tyrant is a very different thing in the RE universe?

Mr X is the end game of the Tyrant line. In the first game you fight one in development, their goal is to end up with something like what Mr X ended up being.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
don't you mean self e-steam
i have none!

What are you, some kind of spider racist?
i just believe in human spider segregation is that so bad

also that picture spooks me i don't like it ._.

Fine, though you have more followers than mine so now I'm sad. :(

So I'll spam mine as well!
send your followers to me

your saviour

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Mr X is the end game of the Tyrant line. In the first game you fight one in development, their goal is to end up with something like what Mr X ended up being.
Mr. X has always been the Tyrant T-103 model.
Mr X is a nickname, their actual name is T-103, they're a type of tyrant. The one fought in in RE1 was a T-002, which is why it didn't behave or look like Mr X.

Gotcha. Yeah, the RE1 tyrant would look pretty silly in a fedora.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
I want to have clothes made from the same material as Mr X's coat.

That shit resists everything

Status
Not open for further replies.