• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I like Apex Legends a lot, but like all BR games it stresses me out when really I'd like to relax a little. Wish they'd add a character that doesn't rely on shooting and I could just build turrets or heal dudes.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been in an epic thread in days it's so great.

Yeah, I've been trying to stay out of the fray on that topic.

It reminds me a lot of Trump talk. I try to be cognizant of what's going on in the political landscape but sometimes I just dive in too deep and get all stressed the hell out. Then I need to take a time-out and just move on with my life instead to sweating the fine details on what feels like an hourly basis.

Sometimes my Need to Know really conflicts with my mental health, lol.

Amir

Jun 7, 2018
I realised yesterday that coins are actually currency-specific (presumably because the particulars vary), so I have a few different balances:

AU store: 2,000 (I opened my envelope and bought the badge)
IN store: 5,566 (Yakuza Kiwami pre-order)
RU store: 11,198 (Mortal Kombat 11 pre-order, Lionheart, Sekiro pre-order, WW3: Black Gold DLC)
TR store: 7,309 (Peregrin, Thimbleweed Park + DLC, Windscape, Kholat DLC, Shadow Complex DLC)
KZ store: 8,388 (Anno 1800 pre-order, Far Cry: New Dawn pre-order, Jump Force pre-order, Trials Rising pre-order)
how you see different balances?
edit: nevermind i find it

Deleted member 10601

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any impressions for Foundation?

The game is a bit pricey for being in Early Access, but i want it. :(

I answer my own question. :)

I bought the game and played it for around one hour. I asked for a refund as it is too much alpha and, in my opinion, not 30 Euro worth yet. They should reduce the price to 22 Euro or something like that.
The tutorial or whatever that was is a mess. You have to figure out everything on your own. The UI scaling sucks because it blurs the UI. There is no day and night cycle. I hope they will add that. There are untranslated texts and #text.stringblabla everywhere. There are more bugs, A LOT of them. The AI is often slow to decide where to go.

Gameplay is slow and relaxing which i liked. :) There are only some maps you can play on. No procedural generated maps. Maybe they will add that later.

They plan to remain in Early Access for around a year. I do think that this will not be enough.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
- GTX 1660, rumored to come out next month, 6GB of GDDR5 memory, rumored MSRP is $240, I'm speculating that it'll be around 10%-ish better than the GTX 1060/GTX 980, not worth upgrading from a 970 to this unless you really need a cheaper upgrade.
- GTX 1660 Ti, rumored to come out by the end of next week, 6GB of GDDR6 memory, rumored MSRP is $280, I'm speculating that it'll have close to GTX 1070/GTX 980 Ti performance, would be a decent upgrade, but not enough for 4K (and when it comes to the most demanding games, it's likely not going to be enough for 1440p either).
- RTX 2060, 6GB of GDDR6 memory, $350 MSRP, has around GTX 1070 Ti performance.
- RTX 2070, 8GB of GDDR6 memory, $500 MSRP, is slightly better than the GTX 1080.

Jesus, Nvidia needs to hire someone to make a better naming convention.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
There's not going to be a 2060 Ti, you may be confusing with the 1660 Ti, which is rumored to come out by the end of next week, won't support raytracing and will be weaker than the RTX 2060.
The RTX 2070 specs are not far from the 2060, the 2060 even uses the same TU106 core as the 2070, but with parts of it disabled, I don't think there would be room for a 2060 Ti.

The current and nearby future options that would perform better than a 970:

- GTX 1660, rumored to come out next month, 6GB of GDDR5 memory, rumored MSRP is $240, I'm speculating that it'll be around 10%-ish better than the GTX 1060/GTX 980, not worth upgrading from a 970 to this unless you really need a cheaper upgrade.
- GTX 1660 Ti, rumored to come out by the end of next week, 6GB of GDDR6 memory, rumored MSRP is $280, I'm speculating that it'll have close to GTX 1070/GTX 980 Ti performance, would be a decent upgrade, but not enough for 4K (and when it comes to the most demanding games, it's likely not going to be enough for 1440p either).
- RTX 2060, 6GB of GDDR6 memory, $350 MSRP, has around GTX 1070 Ti performance.
- RTX 2070, 8GB of GDDR6 memory, $500 MSRP, is slightly better than the GTX 1080.
does the rtx 2060 and 2070 have the Ray tracing magic stuff or is that exclusive to the other existing models

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
does the rtx 2060 and 2070 have the Ray tracing magic stuff or is that exclusive to the other existing models

All RTX cards have RT Cores (ray tracing) and Tensor Cores (deep learning), just to a varying extent, not unlike the CUDA core counts among Nvidia GPUs in general (i.e. the more powerful the GPU, the more cores it has).

Last edited:

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
All RTX cards have RT Cores (ray tracing) and Tensor Cores (deep learning), just to a varying extent, not unlike the CUDA core count across Nvidia GPUs in general.
awesome, that makes sense, i just wasn't sure if that's what it meant or if they were just stamping rtx on stuff like that was just what their new lines were called

a 2060 or 2070 may be in my machine soon after they release then

i don't know why, I'll probably just be playing that quake ray tracing level with it

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
HNv9ZQM.png

This is my sale haul. Tried to keep it as close to 30 as I could for the discount.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
"What else can we bundle Fallout 76 with to get rid of it? We already tried controllers and giving people a second copy when they buy the Fallout 76 X1X edition."

"What about external hard drives?"
X3IeTYS.jpg

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
"What else can we bundle Fallout 76 with to get rid of it? We already tried controllers and giving people a second copy when they buy the Fallout 76 X1X edition."

"What about external hard drives?"
X3IeTYS.jpg
They should pair it with garbage bins, so you have something to test them with right away.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Signed into origin for the first time in a while and does it not adjust to resolution? Almost unreadable on a 4K tv due to small text and image sizes.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Is F76 bomba of the generation, or is LawBreakers still the king?
In before someone mentions Artifact

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
awesome, that makes sense, i just wasn't sure if that's what it meant or if they were just stamping rtx on stuff like that was just what their new lines were called

a 2060 or 2070 may be in my machine soon after they release then

i don't know why, I'll probably just be playing that quake ray tracing level with it

They've been released...? Also while the 2060 looks appealing now those 2GB less VRAM might make it a bad buy if someone want to use it for a relatively long time.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
So I just found out that I have GMG VIP this whole time lol! Eyeing Soul Calibur VI Deluxe and .hack collection.

How long does this sale go for in GMG? And do I have a limit on what I can buy with VIP?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I think my backlog has crushed me with its weight, as I finally don't have the motivation to buy everything in sight during this sale, no matter how good the deal. I'm gonna focus on my backlog for the first half of this year. Games go on sale all the damn time anyway.

*will ignore the pledge in this post after one day probably*

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
xPaw hey, is it possible to add filter on steamdb sales page that excludes every game that not at lowest ever discount? Having a filter to see only new all-time lowest is great, but I wish it was possible to see not just new, but all games at the lowest discount that are currently available.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Have steam sales always been region specific? Seeing some titles being listed as on sale by others that aren't actually on sale in the Japan store.

Galdere

Oct 25, 2017
xPaw hey, is it possible to add filter on steamdb sales page that excludes every game that not at lowest ever discount? Having a filter to see only new all-time lowest is great, but I wish it was possible to see not just new, but all games at the lowest discount that are currently available.

There is such an option on the gg.deals website, but I think it would take into account the lowest previous prices not on the Steam store as well.

EDIT: For example - https://gg.deals/gb/deals/?onlyHistoricalLow=1&sort=metascore&store=4

You can log in and exclude owned games as well.

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I think my backlog has crushed me with its weight, as I finally don't have the motivation to buy everything in sight during this sale, no matter how good the deal. I'm gonna focus on my backlog for the first half of this year. Games go on sale all the damn time anyway.

*will ignore the pledge in this post after one day probably*

That's why I stopped viewing my games as a backlog which screams to do list to me. I'm an expert at avoiding to do lists. I just view them as a library, a library I can jump around depending on mood.

I also realize that future games may not appeal to me as much as I get older so having a nice diverse library will be great. Of course it's also served as a great source of research and reference for me during my career. I view it the same way I do my library of design books.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
That's why I stopped viewing my games as a backlog which screams to do list to me. I'm an expert at avoiding to do lists. I just view them as a library, a library I can jump around depending on mood.
Yeah do this.
Gaming is not supposed to be work or an obligation. It's impossible to play everything anyway, so just play what you whenever you want, be that new games or old games, as long as you're responsible with your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.