• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
QMKl3qg.png

thinking of one of these for the "free" monies

not really thinking too hard about rimworld, more the other 4

also the only free things in life are the games the epic store gives you that i'll never play yisss

also pls saoirse how many coins do you have i must know

Are you saying that you're not thinking too hard about RimWorld 'cause it's the least or most attractive out of the bunch?

'Cause either way RimWorld is the best out of that bunch. :p

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Explain how this works though, please. How do you change store regions without getting the Valve big dick banhammer?

VPN and a debit card (Steam's checkout system doesn't care about the country of issue). The SSA expressly forbids cross-region purchasing, of course, but in my experience, at least, it's a rule that's loosely enforced.

This is probably really easy, but how do I get the store to not show me games I own?

Install Enhanced Steam and tick "Items you own in search results and tag pages" under Options -> Store -> Hide.

Last edited:

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
Having a hard time adding Primal to my cart when FC5 is only 5 bucks more. Loved 4 and kinda want more of the same with Montana.

But at same time kinda feel bad for skipping Primal and playing these games out of order. Don't know if I'm in the mood for a time piece like that tho. Decisions decisions ugh.

Damn Valve and this sale. The 5$ off 30$ is such a tempting evil bait. If they go down the GOG path in the future and just start straight up offering free games for spending a certain amount during sales..then we are all doomed.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
This is probably a really dumb question. But if I'm excited for TW: Three Kingdoms do you think it's worth picking up Dynasty Warriors 7 to scratch that 3K itch for now?

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
FC5 is selling for like 12 euro on Uplay (if you use a discount code). So, if you're tempted by it, you can buy it for basically the same price as Primal.

I thought about it but with the 5$ off stuff this Steam sale is basically better value than just about everything out there this week except Voidu. Assuming you are spending 30 ofc.

Getting both steam and uplay versions is too good of a deal.

Plus that discount code is something I couldn't get the other month because it said I already generated it once.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Plus that discount code is something I couldn't get the other month because it said I already generated it once.
I wonder if these codes have a time limit, I tried to use a code generated a couple of years ago (never used it before obviously) and it wasn't applicable as well.

On a different note, is Black Mesa worth it at this point in the development?

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Bummed thought it would take 5 dollars off right away tsk. Still getting Danganranpa 3 before it ends for how crazy I hear things turn out but those translations are dire.

Last edited:

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time I've had steambucks during a sale, and can't bring myself to buy anything. I have a wishlist 100+ deep and still can't pull the trigger on any of them. Seems my need to save is bleeding over into gaming too.
:(

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

The whole SP campaign is present, save for Xen. The store page says that equates to 8-12 hours of gameplay. Also, the game has been discounted by >60% only once, and that was more than a year ago, so I don't think you need to worry about there being a deeper discount between now and the Xen update.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017

I found Black Mesa to be a really refreshing way to revisit HL all these years later.

It's a visually impressive remake and it goes hand & hand with all the classic, iconic audio bits.

Great mashup of old and new and well worth your time.

Digoman

Oct 27, 2017

I played in December. Took me 9 hours. For the most part the did a very good remake. For me there was some balance issues with a few enemies, but nothing terrible.

For 60% off it is an easy recomendation, specially if you played the original a long time ago.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
How are the classic X-Wing and Tie Fighters games when played on a modern PC?

I assume it would be a long shot to expect modern hotas support?

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
Is it worth it to upgrade from a 970 to a 2060? Or should I wait a bit.

It would be a big jump in performance if you need that. Maybe not quite twice the performance but pretty close anyway. Just don't expect anything from the RTX features and try to find a decent deal. Actually for 2060 the "basic" founders card from Nvidia is really good as well, better than many pricier 3rd party cards.

edit: Also as mentioned it might be worth waiting a bit to see if 1660 happens because the RTX features on 2060 (or any RTX card really) are just borderline useless right now.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It would be a big jump in performance if you need that. Maybe not quite twice the performance but pretty close anyway. Just don't expect anything from the RTX features and try to find a decent deal. Actually for 2060 the "basic" founders card from Nvidia is really good as well, better than many pricier 3rd party cards.

edit: Also as mentioned it might be worth waiting a bit to see if 1660 happens because the RTX features on 2060 (or any RTX card really) are just borderline useless right now.
Do we have benchmarks for the 2060 yet? But tbh I'd probably get the 1660 (Ti) depending on how it performs and its price. RTX isn't worth it if you "just" get the 2060.

Thanks, I dont care about RTX as I dont think a 2060 would be worth running the RTX. I just care about smooth frame rate and 4K in the future. I will hold off for now unless there is a really good deal.

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018
I'm feeling pretty unsure on what to pick up. I think Touhou Luna Nights is an easy pickup, probably Dark Souls Remastered as well. I wish I had waited until this sale to panic-preorder Sekiro and DMCV. I could be rolling in pigcoin.

Has anyone here played The Colonists? I have a tough time getting into strategy/citybuilder games, so I'm wondering if anyone can comment on how accessible it would be for a less experienced player.

Mar 23, 2018

Thanks, I dont care about RTX as I dont think a 2060 would be worth running the RTX. I just care about smooth frame rate and 4K in the future. I will hold off for now unless there is a really good deal.

I'd say wait. I wouldn't get an <8GB GPU for over $300 currently. There was some info about a 2060ti a few months ago. That might add 8GB instead of 6GB. We cannot really talk about GPUs today being good enough for next gen 4K games until we see them.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Hm, started playing Dirt 4 again, any other Rally games that are worth checking out? Thinking about WRC 7 (as it's cheap on Steam currently), but it has mixed reviews. I have Dirt Rally, but I prefer a bit more of the casual experience, so Dirt 1-4 more like it. Anybody played WRC 7? Is it bad? Steam reviews are well, some like it and others said it's unplayable. (would play with a controller)

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I wish I had waited until this sale to panic-preorder Sekiro and DMCV. I could be rolling in pigcoin.
Just cancel the pre-order and pre-order them again. I did that last night with Sekiro. Cancelled the pre-order, pre-ordered again with the 5€ discount. And I will cancel the pre-order AGAIN if it doesn't end up Epic exclusive, since I have an Instant Gaming pre-order too lol

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I'd say wait. I wouldn't get an <8GB GPU for over $300 currently. There was some info about a 2060ti a few months ago. That might add 8GB instead of 6GB. We cannot really talk about GPUs today being good enough for next gen 4K games until we see them.
There's not going to be a 2060 Ti, you may be confusing with the 1660 Ti, which is rumored to come out by the end of next week, won't support raytracing and will be weaker than the RTX 2060.
The RTX 2070 specs are not far from the 2060, the 2060 even uses the same TU106 core as the 2070, but with parts of it disabled, I don't think there would be room for a 2060 Ti.

The current and nearby future options that would perform better than a 970:

- GTX 1660, rumored to come out next month, 6GB of GDDR5 memory, rumored MSRP is $240, I'm speculating that it'll be around 10%-ish better than the GTX 1060/GTX 980, not worth upgrading from a 970 to this unless you really need a cheaper upgrade.
- GTX 1660 Ti, rumored to come out by the end of next week, 6GB of GDDR6 memory, rumored MSRP is $280, I'm speculating that it'll have close to GTX 1070/GTX 980 Ti performance, would be a decent upgrade, but not enough for 4K (and when it comes to the most demanding games, it's likely not going to be enough for 1440p either).
- RTX 2060, 6GB of GDDR6 memory, $350 MSRP, has around GTX 1070 Ti performance.
- RTX 2070, 8GB of GDDR6 memory, $500 MSRP, is slightly better than the GTX 1080.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Chances of Total War: Three Kingdoms using RedShell spyware? Really hoping the dev doesn't try to sneak it in again. :/
Virtually every game using it removed it once news of Redshell came to light, so hopefully none. Even Civ6 removed it, after some weeks of silence when it seemed like it was just going to sit there forever.

I do wonder if there's a Redshell 2.0 waiting in the wings at some point. Or maybe out there already, waiting to be discovered.

Man that was awful.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
Are the Fanatical arguably lower prices (not for my region) worth it if you are not able to get this though

piginablanket.png

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Virtually every game using it removed it once news of Redshell came to light, so hopefully none. Even Civ6 removed it, after some weeks of silence when it seemed like it was just going to sit there forever.

I do wonder if there's a Redshell 2.0 waiting in the wings at some point. Or maybe out there already, waiting to be discovered.

Man that was awful.

Oh, so it's safe to reinstall Total War Shogun 2 lol.

Yeah between Redshell and Unity Engine tracking, It's getting really ridiculous how much corporations wanna track every little thing you do. From internet browsing, to even playing games now. orz

I'm really curious if these even comply with privacy laws these days or these companies just don't care cuz they don't think of getting caught...

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, so it's safe to reinstall Total War Shogun 2 lol.

Yeah between Redshell and Unity Engine tracking, It's getting really ridiculous how much corporations wanna track every little thing you do. From internet browsing, to even playing games now. orz

I'm really curious if these even comply with privacy laws these days or these companies just don't care cuz they don't think of getting caught...
Here's the most comprehensive list of Red Shell games I know of, for future reference.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I have Steam Wallet and Humble Credit and I find that my purchasing habits become more strict when I have fake money compared when using my actual money >.< I want to buy stuff but I can't bring myself to spend this fake money.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
I avoid posting in those Epic threads, idk how you folks have the energy to argue with these people who go "BUT VALVE MAKES THEIR FIRST PARTY GAMES EXCLUSIVE, CHECKMATE." But holy fuck at somebody calling sites like GMG and Humble "shady key resellers."

Status
Not open for further replies.