• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
To be perfectly honest though, at least someone really replies to questions and suggestions unlike some other company.

That is the best part about the Epic Store: they do not copy a winning-formula with a lower cut, they try to do something different from Steam in terms of services to devs, customers and communication. The safest choice would have been to copy Steam features. Future will tell what the smartest choice should have been.

The worst part is that they money-hat the games away from Steam to bootstrap their store, but that is another subject.

Last edited:

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
What can you do with 4000 tokens, doesn't seem like much. Not buying anything though, saving for DMCV and Sekiro.

You only need 100 hundred for the best emoji

piginablanket.png

Kvik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
thinking of one of these for the "free" monies

I own 3 out of 5 of those but it's still a hard choice between RoF, Atelier Lydie and VC4 because I like them all for different reasons.

But I would actually play VC4 first because I'm currently playing it and it's pretty great. Basically, it took all which were good in VC1 and enhance it even further.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I think of it as they should have fixed ptde as they were supposed to ages ago. Not to mention remastered is worse in several aspects or so I've heard.
I'd argue the remaster on PC is the definite way to play it, and also better than PTDE in every way. What have you heard?

I'm honestly less annoyed they removed PTDE now because how good it is, and it's probably better to encourage players into the same pool instead of potentially splitting it.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
What if Valve made CSGO F2P to train their new anticheat? XD

It's not even that farfetched considering they also plan to put Steam Trust out this year. This might be part of a proof of concept to evaluate if VACNet is applicaple for other games.
VACNet has been getting better and better to the point where no human inputs are needed anymore to detect the most blatant cheaters.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Uuuuh why does Steam think I own Battle Chasers? I have that game on GOG but how did it even know I own it O_o

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't look like I'll be able to take advantage of the sale or even buy Yakuza Kiwami separately. I get up every day at 6:30 to work my ass off and can't afford a game that costs less than 20 euros. I'm so tired of this shit. Wanted to support it at launch like I did with Y0, will have to grab it down the line.

Trying to finish Dark Souls 3 and a boss is kicking my ass. I got put on a server for cheaters early in the game even though I did absolutely nothing to warrant it and now I can't even find anyone to summon.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
OK there's a Battle Chasers folder in the folder I install Steam games on but I don't remember ever making it. Maybe I incorrectly installed my GOG copy on there?

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
OK there's a Battle Chasers folder in the folder I install Steam games on but I don't remember ever making it. Maybe I incorrectly installed my GOG copy on there?

HACK THE PLANET.

I know what happened bro. Better re-install Windows. Actually, to be safe, just chuck the PC into the ocean. You've got an elite level 69 Cyber criminal operating in your system. You should call Trump's son, he's a wizkid at all things Cyber. Will fix you up bud.

suikoder

Oct 25, 2017
how often it happens for a game to go up in price while still in EA? I remember I think Dreams had this to happen.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
HACK THE PLANET.

I know what happened bro. Better re-install Windows. Actually, to be safe, just chuck the PC into the ocean. You've got an elite level 69 Cyber criminal operating in your system. You should call Trump's son, he's a wizkid at all things Cyber. Will fix you up bud.
I think I'd rather Hack the planet :V

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
how often it happens for a game to go up in price while still in EA? I remember I think Dreams had this to happen.

It's one of the things that EA games need to specify on the store page, so if you want to find out for a specific (current EA) game, check that section (it's under "read more" in the EA box). I've seen it happen a few times, but can't quite remember which games did it.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd argue the remaster on PC is the definite way to play it, and also better than PTDE in every way. What have you heard?

I'm honestly less annoyed they removed PTDE now because how good it is, and it's probably better to encourage players into the same pool instead of potentially splitting it.
PTDE still has better online thanks to community tools and community maintained anti-cheats. (Which can't be properly ported to PTDE because of the dumb anti-tampering in Remastered). Many mods can get you flagged and soft banned, and I don't think the game itself is yet as moddable as the original, which blew up in modding possibilities in the last couple of years.

Butterworth

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for 2K to launch an updated Gold edition of Civ? Currently questioning whether to buy the Gold Edition now + get Gathering Storm at launch or later at a discount. Or to buy the whole package when the launch the inevitable Gold/Complete edition.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
PTDE still has better online thanks to community tools and community maintained anti-cheats. (Which can't be properly ported to PTDE because of the dumb anti-tampering in Remastered). Many mods can get you flagged and soft banned, and I don't think the game itself is yet as moddable as the original, which blew up in modding possibilities in the last couple of years.
Wait you're telling me I can't mod in 'Thanks Obama' in the remastered edition?

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
This world sucks so much. A guy here in Portugal killed his wife and strangled his 2 year old daughter.
You look at the newspaper, see a picture of that beautiful, innocent child with a big smile on her face and then you read that headline... Jesus Christ, I died inside... Just, why?

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
Apex Legends is good but has framerate issues for no apparent reason, guess that's a must for any BR game. And you really want at least one friend in the team, the ping-system helps and people are still learning the game so chaos is to be expected, but some buffoon splitting right after jumping usually dooms everyone.

Is it wrong for me to assume that the publisher for the PC version of the game just gave up on it after just 2 months on sale?

They discounted it during.... last summer sale I think? Bought it then.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Take-Two CEO on Epic Store: "Competition is a good thing"
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...ceo-on-epic-store-competition-is-a-good-thing

BUT
Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz, CEO Strauss Zelnick says that it's important for the firm to be where the consumer is, rather than dictating to them to shop at a specific location.
"We think it's very difficult to try and attract consumers only through a wholly owned captive site," he tells us.

"That's not how consumers shop. To use an analogy that doesn't speak to our business, if you read Random House books, I presume you can get them directly through Random House, but you probably don't. You probably go to Amazon or other sites. So if you have something incredibly powerful, then I suppose you can say to consumers that it's only available here. But generally speaking, when it comes to broad-based entertainment offerings, you are better placed to be where the consumer is, rather than indicating to the consumer where they need to be. If your focus is solely on capturing retail margin, then you have to be very convinced you're going to be a great retailer. That's not something that's in our DNA. We make entertainment. We're really not a retailer."

thanks Stygr (Discord)

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Just out of curiousity, what happens with achievements and saves if you refund a game but then buy it later? For example, I played a lot of Call of Cthulhu before Humble revoked my key.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Take-Two CEO on Epic Store: "Competition is a good thing"
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...ceo-on-epic-store-competition-is-a-good-thing

BUT

thanks Stygr (Discord)
He's talking about the actual concept of competition, which for PC Games means offering your game everywhere it makes sense to. It's a clear stance against store exclusivity.
Makes sense that only a CEO of another publisher actually speaks the truth: he doesn't expect to get paid by Epic (directly, or through advertising) , nor does he have reasons to play along

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Competition is a good thing. Until the Take-Two store opens and is the only place you can buy the new Grand Theft Auto and 2K sport titles. Then the competition can suck it."

Butterworth

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Of course he'd say competition is a good thing.

You'll see that when they announce RDR2 as being exclusive to the social club.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
As shit as that would be, Rockstar games are big enough where people would just whine but still buy them.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking of picking up Dark Souls Remastered (75% off) for a replay. I wonder if the improvements are worth it. The 60fps bug won't persist anymore, at least.
They're not. And the lighting and model/animation swaps are really distracting.

It's also piss easy if it's your fifth time through after playing DS3 and BB :(

I say this as someone who loves the series.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
I realised yesterday that coins are actually currency-specific (presumably because the particulars vary), so I have a few different balances:

AU store: 2,000 (I opened my envelope and bought the badge)
IN store: 5,566 (Yakuza Kiwami pre-order)
RU store: 11,198 (Mortal Kombat 11 pre-order, Lionheart, Sekiro pre-order, WW3: Black Gold DLC)
TR store: 7,309 (Peregrin, Thimbleweed Park + DLC, Windscape, Kholat DLC, Shadow Complex DLC)
KZ store: 8,388 (Anno 1800 pre-order, Far Cry: New Dawn pre-order, Jump Force pre-order, Trials Rising pre-order)
i'm confused, you have 5 different accounts?

I own 3 out of 5 of those but it's still a hard choice between RoF, Atelier Lydie and VC4 because I like them all for different reasons.

But I would actually play VC4 first because I'm currently playing it and it's pretty great. Basically, it took all which were good in VC1 and enhance it even further.
hmm i'll consider ur advice

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
i'm confused, you have 5 different accounts?

One account (well, a main account and an alt I created after I was unjustly banned from my preferred CS:S server), but since I bought stuff across a few different store regions, I have a few different coin balances as coins don't transfer across currencies like, say, Steam Wallet funds do. The amount of coins you can earn per x currency units spent, the number of currency units you need to spend to earn coins, and the discount you can acquire with the coins all vary currency to currency, so each one has its own coin pool.

Last edited:

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
One account (well, a main account and an alt I created after I was unjustly banned from my preferred CS:S server), but since I bought stuff across a few different store regions, I have a few different coin balances as coins don't transfer across currencies like, say, Steam Wallet funds do. The amount of coins you can earn per x currency units spent, the number of currency units you need to spend to earn coins, and the discount you can acquire with the coins all vary currency to currency, so each one has its own coin pool.

Explain how this works though, please. How do you change store regions without getting the Valve big dick banhammer?

Status
Not open for further replies.