• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Man, there's a handful of games I'd pre-order today with this 5 dollar deal if I could. Why do so many publishers/devs wait until the day of release so people can purchase their games? Especially when you can pre-order the console version on sites like Amazon.
Valve recommends launch week discount unless you're really big to boost your game up the top seller list during launch week for more exposure.
What do you guys think? Yay or nay?
PTQuxRE.png
I see Fata Morgana so yay.

Hereafter

Dec 13, 2017
How is Age of Wonders III if you like Heroes of Might & Magic but hate Civilization?
Without knowing the reason of your hatred of Civ, here's my summary.
The combat is not as quick and concise as HoMM. It's much more detailed.
The city buildings aspect is much more detailed than HoMM but not near Civ.

TLDR

Combat Complexity: AoW > HoMM >>>>>>>>> Civ
City Management: Civ > AoW >> HoMM

Loved Age of Wonder like 15 years ago but I dont think I have played an RTS since then.

Just a correction. AoW isn't a RTS it's a 4X with tactical combat.

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
Nvidia seriously needs to re-build their driver control panel. Not just because it looks like Windows XP ugliness, but also because it's so... bad. Trying to change 3D settings can take forever because clicking on a setting can lock it up for nearly a minute. And that locking up can lead it responding in the wrong way with the scroll wheel, for example.

It's quite embarassing, they haven't touched that abomination in over 15 years. Not saying AMD's driver are better overall but they at least invest some money into the user experience. No idea why NV bothered to build GeForce Experience, yet still haven't put all the other settings in there.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
You want to get that 1TB SSD. But what you REALLY want is to get a 2TB SSD.
Yeah, I know i want the 2TB SSD, but I don't know if I want to pay 2TB SSD prices lol.

Good news is that a few drive repairs later, everything is working fine. Should still look into replacing this drive more than likely, but I'll cheap out a little bit longer.

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I want to upgrade from a 1060 6GB to a RTX 2070. My brain (and wallet) say no but my heart says dooo it right now.
It would be something like a 80%~ish boost in performance or something like that (depends on the game, of course), but, if you do end up getting it, make sure you have a good enough power supply, since the 2070 needs quite a bit more power than the 1060.

Oct 27, 2017
It would be something like a 80%~ish boost in performance or something like that (depends on the game, of course), but, if you do end up getting it, make sure you have a good enough power supply, since the 2070 needs quite a bit more power than the 1060.
I have a 550W Corsair bronze, according to pcpartpicker it should be enough, what do you think?

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, should be fine, though if you intend to overclock, I would avoid manually overclocking (CPU as well, depending on what CPU you have) just to be safe (the small overclocks from the custom models should be fine too though).
My CPU (i5 8400) cant be overclocked so I should be safe from that. In general I don't like to overclock because I always feel that I'm going to screw something up haha

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
My 2070 and 1gb ssd arrived today! Feels like I have a whole new PC. Farewell 970.... You served me well.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
2 hours into The Room and it's creeeepy. It's not so hard that you get irritated and run to Google, but you still have to use your head to solve the puzzles. They got the balance just right. Performance feels a little laggy though when rotating the camera, even when I lowered it to medium graphics. So I just bumped it back to 'good'. Might as well look good while it's creeping me out.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Sadly DMC is 3 days after, so rip.

I think Square is aware. I'm curious what their expectations for Left Alive are...

The budget obviously isn't huge so I think they're gonna be okay. And for me, it's the most interesting title of March. :D

Looks like MGSV but with mechs and an actual story. Hoping it finds it's niche!

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
MRORANGE I just beat Hard West. Final set of missions in the lsat campaign were ok, not as good as their predecessors IMO, but it's core concept is welcome.
I think I'm one step close to being ready for XCOM :P
paG70Lv.png

Added!

D7sTtCN.png

Hard West
- Tizoc
Hard West is a turn based tactics game with a wild west setting. Control Warren as travels the western frontier seeking revenge against the demonic forces that destroyed his life as he recruits allies to his cause along his journey.

The game consists of 8 main scenarios and has various difficulty options allowing you to tweak the gameplay to your preference whether you want to make your experience easier or harder.

The main goal for this challenge is to simply complete the main game's scenarios.

People who have completed the challenge:

xM8izhq.png

Catherine Classic
- Uzzy
It's February, and that means Valentine's Day, and what better way to celebrate that by spending some quality time with your waifu? Get the 'Starting a New Life' or 'Lord of the Night' achievement in Catherine!

People who have completed the challenge:

Last edited:

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
My CPU (i5 8400) cant be overclocked so I should be safe from that. In general I don't like to overclock because I always feel that I'm going to screw something up haha
Ah, yeah, then it should be completely fine, the i5 8400 has a rather low power consumption to begin with. ^^

I don't overclock as well, though in my case it's because I don't want the power consumption of my PC to be too high. xD
I've even underclocked my CPU a little bit, i7 9700K, I lowered the turbo clocks a bit, I kept the turbo for 1 core load at the default 4.9 GHz, but reduced the turbo by 0.1 for each aditional core, ending at 4.2 for 8 cores load instead of the 4.6 default. <-<

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how Nvidia can't make this thing superfluous with a few lines of code. Seems like Neural Network based AA is easier to implement than just simple integer upscaling.
For Lossless Scaling, it seems to be aimed more at older or 2D games, something Nvidia probably isn't interested in. And for modern 3D games that can run natively at super high resolutions, I guess they would rather you bought their latest graphics cards to run them at native resolutions and high framerates rather than give us a good scaling method for older hardware. But yeah I'm sure they could do it. I would really like a checkerboard rendering solution on PC.

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So the last items I got from my bonus pay finally arrived, was waiting on my Nike AF1 ID and the Anne Pro 2, this was my Christmas haul this year:

EpZ8LfN.jpg

Anne Pro 2 - It's a mechanical Bluetooth keyboard with white Kaliah switches, very nice typing experience, also ordered a set of custom keycaps off bangood but they won't be here for a while.

EtBSPvA.jpg

They keyboard did come with some coloured key-caps which does make it it pretty nice already. Really loving the 60% keyboard, I can understand they hyp behind them.

nfl0Fnl.jpg

Also picked up some NikeID Air Force 1 High's

1oznbZU.jpg

So comfy.

tcUa6f6.jpg

Managed to snag a deal on the apple watch series 4 cellular - life changer.

ZGlFz9L.jpg

Also a orngae strap of course.

nSCogMO.jpg

PS1 Classic that was half-price, played it once... now in the closet like the snes classic.

LOM5OKj.jpg

This was an interesting pick-up, this guy in HK does clear shell DS refurbs so picked this up, It's okay, the D-PAD is not great but it could be the rubber contact, will need to look into this.

qlnb3wq.jpg

Some good old Joop. I buy a few of these at Christmas as they go dirt cheap.

UxObWy5.jpg

Embarrassingly I didn't previously own this:

mrIwLVs.jpg

Some more light reading.

WrIlPyL.jpg

Audio Technica ATH-C200BT, really glad I got these, I am not a big fan on in-ear headphones with those removable rubber things as they never stick in or I lose them, not in the UK yet so had to order them from japan.

y89eX3y.jpg

Street Fighter Capcom mug.

dyJAffV.jpg

Which heats up to show a hadouken!

PTbFPFd.jpg

My £3 mouse got upgrade to a £14.99 mouse, the G203 is nice but still getting used to it.

j5TI3p3.jpg

Also RGB:

G3XG5mS.jpg

shacklesmcgee

Oct 25, 2017
2 hours into The Room and it's creeeepy. It's not so hard that you get irritated and run to Google, but you still have to use your head to solve the puzzles. They got the balance just right. Performance feels a little laggy though when rotating the camera, even when I lowered it to medium graphics. So I just bumped it back to 'good'. Might as well look good while it's creeping me out.

Haha told ya

And it gets better and better I'd say. I could barely get through the latest one, The Room: Old Sins. Had to use the hints many times

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming the 71/2 hours for RE2 on how long to beat is just for an A play through?

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, yeah, then it should be completely fine, the i5 8400 has a rather low power consumption to begin with. ^^

I don't overclock as well, though in my case it's because I don't want the power consumption of my PC to be too high. xD
I've even underclocked my CPU a little bit, i7 9700K, I lowered the turbo clocks a bit, I kept the turbo for 1 core load at the default 4.9 GHz, but reduced the turbo by 0.1 for each aditional core, ending at 4.2 for 8 cores load instead of the 4.6 default. <-<
Yeah, I was reluctant to buy a way too big PSU on my new build, but everything has been fine with it. I don't think I've never OC a GPU before, too.

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That keyboard is gorgeous MRORANGE
Yeah. That is a sweet keyboard for sure.
Damn, you are rich! But in all seriousness that keyboard looks awesome. I am going to check it out.
I usually hate RGB but thats a dope keyboard MRORANGE

Thanks! I am now broke lol

MRORANGE where did you order the keyboard from? Looks hot and might be a nice pickup for typing at work.

It was this one: https://www.banggood.com/Kailh-BOX-...310975645201705&ID=233515633&cur_warehouse=CN

Kvik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
Anne Pro 2 - It's a mechanical Bluetooth keyboard with white Kaliah switches, very nice typing experience, also ordered a set of custom keycaps off bangood but they won't be here for a while.

Congrats! Anne Pro 2 is great. I prefer the Black one myself (with the blue switches). I went this these keycaps to go with it: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/70691 (Ironically the keycaps cost almost twice as much as the AP2, but whatever)

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I think Square is aware. I'm curious what their expectations for Left Alive are...

The budget obviously isn't huge so I think they're gonna be okay. And for me, it's the most interesting title of March. :D

Looks like MGSV but with mechs and an actual story. Hoping it finds it's niche!
Oh I was just talking about myself not playing it at launch, I actually wanna buy and play it, it looks like a corny game with PS2 tier VA and story and I mean this in the best of ways.

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
That discount is really evil genius. I wasn't really planning on spending much on this sale, but now I feel like I have to in order to use that discount. I'm still not sure what to buy, though.

Kremling

The Fallen
Dec 15, 2017
Had the original Anne Pro for about a year and loved it. Only issue I had was the bluetooth would disconnect every once in a while when typing, but overall it wasn't bad enough to warrant plugging it in. Wonder how the latency has improved in the second one.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Hitman 2 has really nice textures for the amount of variety present, almost justifies being 120 gbs

Edit: the character faces in Last Light are so bad and waxy, weird since the rest of the game holds up super well.

Last edited:

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
35% of the active Sea of Thieves players play on PC. That's a lot, for such a broken store. In august, 5 million people had played Sea of Thieves.

Was expecting more PC announcements from Microsoft today, but I guess they've pushed them to a different date.

Status
Not open for further replies.