• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2017

$5 discount works on preorders.

5vmJKDO.png

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I realized that I can get my tank hooked on shrooms in Pillars of Eternity to boost his will and prevent domination. This could be interesting.

dummmyy

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I realized that I can get my tank hooked on shrooms in Pillars of Eternity to boost his will and prevent domination. This could be interesting.

Incredible. I am embarrassed to say that's been in my backlog for a while now. Hooked on Co-Op Divinity at the moment, but I think i might start this off for the times i'm not able to play D:OSEE

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I got 5,000 tokens, and I'd need another 10,000 to get that 5 dollar discount, which means... A hundred bucks?!

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Lets see if I can come up with a nice little cart of interesting looking games.

(8.99 with the family bundle)

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Req a refund on unruly heroes.
Will get it during the sale so itd be 10.01 for a 5 buck off :v

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
So, I just looked at uPlay and I have The Division 2 private beta in my library. I haven't pre-ordered, and I never got an email saying I got in from signing up. But it's in my library, so I'm guessing I got in? It just showed up today.

Same here. Hope I can play! I've been on the fence about it for a couple of weeks now. The new setting looks a bit drab.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Regarding the surprisingly good Ubi discounts, I don't think there's anything to read into. Uplay's own Lunar Sale kicked off a few days ago and Ubi just matched those discounts (The Division at 90% off, R6 Siege at 75% off, etc.).

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Because the 30% is completely adequate for both the services Valve provides, and as an access to the very audience Valve consolidated on PC over a 15 year history?

And at the same time is the one thing that causes devs/pubs to complain the most about Steam. If (some of) the businesses that Valve deals with don't see the value in paying 30% then that's an issue that Valve needs to resolve, either through proving the 30% is worthwhile (which this sale will help with, I think), communicating better what it covers (ummmmm :p ) or admission it's too high.

I absolutely agree 30% is fair, but let's face it - that cut is the one part of Epic's store which does provide an element of competition.

Regarding the surprisingly good Ubi discounts, I don't think there's anything to read into. Uplay's own Lunar Sale kicked off a few days ago and Ubi just matched those discounts (The Division at 90% off, R6 Siege at 75% off, etc.).

Yeah, there's no reason to think Ubi will remove older games from Steam. Even EA didn't remove older games when they left.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
And at the same time is the one thing that causes devs/pubs to complain the most about Steam. If (some of) the businesses that Valve deals with don't see the value in paying 30% then that's an issue that Valve needs to resolve, either through proving the 30% is worthwhile (which this sale will help with, I think), communicating better what it covers (ummmmm :p ) or admission it's too high.

I absolutely agree 30% is fair, but let's face it - that cut is the one part of Epic's store which does provide an element of competition.
Let them make their own stores, or drift to Epic and enjoy lower sales and profit. It's not on Valve to proof that a dumb idea is dumb.
The biggest publishers/devs aren't paying the 30% anyway, and the smallest are quite desperately reliant on Steam. If they find an audience outside of Steam, hey, that would make for a healthier market anyway. I doubt that can be achieved by not selling on Steam at all, but hey, nothing can prove me wrong easier than empirical evidence, so let's see how some of those indies are doing a year from now.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
While 12% is clearly too low for a baseline, I can see Valve reducing the standard cut to 20% and making an even more aggressive push to keep AAA/particularly successful games on Steam by adjusting the >$25m and >$50m cuts to 15% and 10%, respectively.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah sure, absolutely agree. But Valve have basically proven that they have quite a lot of money - so much money, in fact, that they can underwrite a ton of 5 dollar discounts. And one of the main points with the revenue split issue is that pubs/devs were saying that Valve don't need that 30% to survive and turn a profit, and that it would be better for the industry as a whole if they dropped their cut.
That's not how it works. Epic don't need $2-3 bn shitnite money to survive and turn profit either yet here we are.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
While 12% is clearly too low for a baseline, I can see Valve reducing the standard cut to 20% and making an even more aggressive push to keep AAA/particularly successful games on Steam by adjusting the >$25m and >$50m cuts to 15% and 10%, respectively.

Yeah, that seems much more likely an outcome.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Valve announced new percentage cut adjustments just a month ago, if they'll suddenly change it again it will look like a reactionary move. Give them more time to see how the current % system will work and think about everything before making the next move.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
That's not how it works. Epic don't need $2-3 bn shitnite money to survive and turn profit either yet here we are.

Appeals regarding the health of the industry will always hold some sway with Valve, and it'd be hard to argue against an indie dev for whom the difference between getting 70% of sales and 80% might make the difference between another game or not. But who knows? Maybe Gabe's gonna run for President and needs all that cash. :p

Yeah, I can see a ton of devs/pubs thinking 20% would be absolutely fine - a good compomise considering all the features that Steam offers above Epic, and Epic's crazy-low (possibly unsustainable in the long-term?) cut.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Guys, need an advice on what to chose. FC5 vs EDF 4.1 + Dynasty Warriors 8.

I'd prefer FC5 but I'm more than sure that it'll run like ass on my geriatric laptop. My desktop PC's GPU decided to die for good yesterday.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, need an advice on what to chose. FC5 vs EDF 4.1 + Dynasty Warriors 8.

I'd prefer FC5 but I'm more than sure that it'll run like ass on my geriatric laptop. My desktop PC's GPU decided to die for good yesterday.

FC5 is cheaper on Uplay currently, btw. (10 euros there vs. 15 on Steam)

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
EDF 4.1 and all DLC are in the monthly right now, so you can probably get it for cheaper.
Thanks for heads up, $12 for Humble Monthly is still more expensive for me, but I guess keys are going to pop up everywhere pretty soon.
FC5 is cheaper on Uplay currently, btw. (10 euros there vs. 15 on Steam)
Same price for me (499 RUB). I have a 20% discount code, but not sure if it's applicable.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Must've been a price error, because I'm seeing it at 15 now too. Pretty sure it was indeed FC5. I did a double take when I saw it.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
My Steam drive is dying. Tried booting up some RE2 after work, and the game wouldn't load and it gave me an error saying I need to update. Tried to verify game files, and nothing would verify. Put Steam in offline mode, still wouldn't boot. Tried booting RE6, that ran just fine, so I tried messing with RE2 again, and failure. Tried going into my steamapps folder, only for it to say "access denied."

I ran disk repair, and now the entire Steam folder is inaccessible. I'm going to try to get this to work anyway, but I know it's on its last legs.

Now to decide whether or not I want to buy a 5400 drive, 7200 drive, or if I want to spend over $100 to get a 1TB SSD.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I've stacked Uplay discount vouchers on top of sales in the past. Dunno if it still works though.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Chinese Topsellers are nice.
That chinese parents game already surpassed 1 million sales only with chinese localization.

ct52jnx.jpg

Gotta buy Chinese parents and Total War later too.

Also the notion "Only sale games sell on Steam" while the chinese topsellers have 6 "full priced" titles in the topsellers.

Last edited:

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Picked up Dark Souls Remastered. Who knows, maybe I'll finish it this time!

Also had to laugh at MMX Legacy Collection 1 being on sale while 2, which seems by far the worse offering, isn't.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Has Metro Exodus been removed from anyone's Steam wishlist? My list of six that included it is only now displaying five titles.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Has Metro Exodus been removed from anyone's Steam wishlist? My list of six that included it is only now displaying five titles.

They removed the storepage, so I guess it will also be delisted from the wishlist, since it doesnt have a storepage yet.

I think I should cancel my MK11 pre-order and then buy it again to get more of those juicy tokens

Thats what I did with Sekiro. Just waiting for the funds to be released. It showed it can take up to 7 days, but no clue lol

fokkusu

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, next question is then, is it worth it? ;)
I assume FC5 the same thing as FC4, meaning you need to capture radio towers and outpost etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.