• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
Why does ERA save my discarded posts (stuff I started typing and gave up posting) again? It never disappears, lol.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Why does ERA save my discarded posts (stuff I started typing and gave up posting) again? It never disappears, lol.

You can use this button to delete drafts:

9J6cAOX.jpg

I think that feature is pretty good all in all, for the rare times you accidentally close your tab/browser while typing a long post.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
I find out sometimes I post something and the text is still on the box afterwards, it's annoying

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
So dumb that even years after implementation you still can't scroll through card emoticons/whatever they call them on mobile when trying to post a comment on the activity feed.

Nov 1, 2017
Probably just that Titanfall 2 kinda bombed and this is chasing the BR trend.

I've never ran a company or made a video game or had to pay people. But...why can't Respawn just keep doing what they like doing? You won't make 3 Billion dollars but if you find a way to make money to pay your people and keep the business running you can keep some sanity by doing things that you enjoy. Unless making your own spin on BR is what you want to do and enjoy. Then by all means you do you boo.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I've never ran a company or made a video game or had to pay people. But...why can't Respawn just keep doing what they like doing? You won't make 3 Billion dollars but if you find a way to make money to pay your people and keep the business running you can keep some sanity by doing things that you enjoy. Unless making your own spin on BR is what you want to do and enjoy. Then by all means you do you boo.
Because EA are terrible and chase the latest trends

They've never known how to run their studios

Mr. Tibbs

Oct 27, 2017
Immersive-sim fans, check out the stand alone release of The Dark Mod, especially if you love the classic Thief series.

In spite of the name The Dark Mod's a standalone you don't need to own Doom 3 to play, and you can download it for free. It's still being updated today and the latest version is The Dark Mod 2.07. Called "the stability release", it sorts out various problems introduced by the inclusion of things like soft shadows, an uncapped framerate, and multi-core processor support in the previous update. It also sneaks in some new features like faster mantling over small objects, better AI for some very specific situations like when you flashbomb someone who is sitting down, and more you can read about over at ModDB.

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/new-release-of-standalone-thief-fan-game-the-dark-mod-is-out-now/

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

Because it didn't meet expectations.
Companies are not about letting people do what they enjoy. People have to start their own companies if they want to do that which is what many veterans in the industry do.

Companies invest millions in development and pay salaries, healthcare, and other benefits so they are not interested in what employees want, as far as they are concerned they are providing your food and shelter and in exchange you provide talent to execute on their direction.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Damn another review bombing case, Steam Reviews really need to go.

Also

Yeah making all complaints private will sure help customers. Especially when you can only leave some kind of support address and ignore it.

Last edited:

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Damn another review bombing case, Steam Reviews really need to go.

Also

Yeah making all complaints private will sure help customers. Especially when you can only leave some kind of support address and ignore it.

Derek Smart, voice of reason? 2019 off to a hell of a start

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Hello everyone!

I can't see the link to the discord group while quoting the OP. Help?

Got Wargroove for Switch and I've been having a ton of fun. The level/campaign editor feels like it would control better with K+M, so I'm def gonna double dip with this game once it goes on sale.

And a PSA, if you're interested in trying Anthem but missed the demo, you can currently get a 1 month subscription to Origin Access Basic for 1 dollar. If you're subscribed to the service, you can play a 10 hour trial of Anthem starting in February 15th. The offer ends today tho so you have to hurry.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Hello everyone!

I can't see the link to the discord group while quoting the OP. Help?

Got Wargroove for Switch and I've been having a ton of fun. The level/campaign editor feels like it would control better with K+M, so I'm def gonna double dip with this game once it goes on sale.

And a PSA, if you're interested in trying Anthem but missed the demo, you can currently get a 1 month subscription to Origin Access Basic for 1 dollar. If you're subscribed to the service, you can play a 10 hour trial of Anthem starting in February 15th. The offer ends today tho so you have to hurry.

I think that you need to post in this thread first then you will be able to see it.

spiel

Oct 28, 2017
Over 9000 Levels across 4 difficulty ranges (6969 Easy, 1337 Medium, 666 Hard, 420 Expert)

lmao

Minimalist puzzle games are great to play while catching up on VoDs, but too bad they don't offer a dedicated windowed interface. I put this particular game in windowed mode on the lowest possible resolution and it's still awkwardly taking up 50% of the screen width.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really see how a "support ticket" system is better than a forum, honestly. If 10K people have the same question, then how is it more economical to answer those 10K people individually (which is what a support ticket system does) than just answer their questions in a forum?

Also, for the most part, people don't want answers, they want the devs to patch the game. Support tickets are useful for more bureaucratic elements, like asking for refunds, or general support, which is what Steam also uses it for. Arguing that it is somehow related to reviews is dumb as bricks.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I don't really see how a "support ticket" system is better than a forum, honestly. If 10K people have the same question, then how is it more economical to answer those 10K people individually (which is what a support ticket system does) than just answer their questions in a forum?

Also, for the most part, people don't want answers, they want the devs to patch the game. Support tickets are useful for more bureaucratic elements, like asking for refunds, or general support, which is what Steam also uses it for. Arguing that it is somehow related to reviews is dumb as bricks.

Not to mention that public forums can help developers because users can find and share workarounds until developer fixes things. Obvious example is Subnautica where devs are sharing Steam Guide post for FAQ and fixes made by user.

Oct 25, 2017

Also, if it's an older game? You are fucked.
Have fun figuring out how to run Republic Commando on Windows 10 without a forum. I guess Epic isn't going to sell older games anyway?

Deleted member 10601

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Immersive-sim fans, check out the stand alone release of The Dark Mod, especially if you love the classic Thief series.

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/new-release-of-standalone-thief-fan-game-the-dark-mod-is-out-now/

Eh? The stand alone release is out like.... forever, 2013 to be precise.
However, it's a great game with some rough edges here and there. Everyone should try it. :)

EDIT: Apparently, i can not read. lol. The 2.07 UPDATE is out now.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

That's always been my problem with this idea. I mean if 10k users have a problem 1 could make a forum post and maybe another (or even a dev) could tell him a workaround until/if the game is patched, then the remaining 9999 users could just google the problem and find a soultion. With a ticketing system the 10k (well probably less because I doubt every user would go to post a ticket) will have to be answered by devs each time.

I remember once at work (where we have a ticketing system for our larger costumers who also have a costum build software) that a patch broke some important part of the software and that day the guy who handled the tickets was out. So I had to rush a hotfix AND handle the tickets at the same time.
I remember that tickets were coming in faster than i could merge them (since I was trying to keep a single ticket so I could notify all the users at once). Then I imagine this happening with a product for end users and I can't see it working.

Is Sekiro retail a Steam key?
It should ... But so were the Exodus and then look what happened.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Deep Silver withhold information about exclusivity since E3 last year so they can grab as many Steam pre-orders as they can before removing purchase option

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/met...t-epic-games-store-exclusivity-until-e3-2018/

Oooof. If true I imagine Valve would take serious action. Though I also have trouble thinking how Valve could independently corroborate this info. But, man, that's really abusing the Steam store presence and marketing.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Deep Silver withhold information about exclusivity since E3 last year so they can grab as many Steam pre-orders as they can before removing purchase option

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/met...t-epic-games-store-exclusivity-until-e3-2018/

That is not what he said.

1fTXfTV.png

The question is: "Was [the decision to release exclusively on the Epic Games Store] made before E3 2018?".

The answer is that the decision was not made before E3, but made well after that.

Last edited:

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
You can use this button to delete drafts:

9J6cAOX.jpg

I think that feature is pretty good all in all, for the rare times you accidentally close your tab/browser while typing a long post.

its about time they get rid of the floppy disk icon, there's at least 2 generations of people who have no idea what that is.

That is not what he said.

1fTXfTV.png

The question is: "Was [the decision to release exclusively on the Epic Games Store] before E3 2018?".

The answer is that the decision was not made before E3, but made well after that.

they were talking about when they were informed, not when the decision was being made.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
The thing is if I say "after" that wouldnt mean 9 months later but rather shortly after it.

He says "well after that". That cannot mean just after E3.

It is obvious nobody can infer the date from the quoted answer.

they were talking about when they were informed, not when the decision was being made.

True. It does not change the fact that the article does not give any info except that they were not informed before E3 2018 (at least).
The quoted answer suggests that they were informed "well after that", which means "after" but not "just after".

Metro Exodus Devs Weren't Informed About Epic Games Store Exclusivity Until E3 2018

To me, the title of the article is on the verge of making it clickbait. There is no other reason to write "until" when you mean "before".

Last edited:

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
'well after E3' sounds like a lot earlier than 2 weeks out from launch. Its a weird one for sure. You'd think Epic would want it pulled off the other store as soon as the deal was done to get their own pre-orders (does Epic do pre-orders?)

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is if I say "after" that wouldnt mean 9 months later but rather shortly after it.
"Well after" in this context means the same as "Quite some time after" to me. He didn't just say "After". The only reason E3 2018 is given as a time is because the employee didn't want to mention the actual date and only answered vaguely and I guess E3 2018 was the latest point in time the interviewer asked.
It's not possible to narrow the deal down to a concrete date. "Well after" in that context could also mean January. Or December. Or I don't know. The only thing it tells you for sure is that it was not made before E3 2018.
Could it be months before it was pulled from Steam? Sure. Can we say it really was months before it was pulled from Steam? Not for sure.

There's already enough factual bullshit surrounding this entire topic that we really should be above deliberately interpreting vague interview answers in the worst way.

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
Picked up Quantum Break's Timeless Collectors Edition for $6.7. I already own the game on Steam, but I wanted that art book. Last psychical game I bought was TW3 and its expansions. I'm a sucker for Collector's Editions that don't come with junk. Just put an artbook in there, maybe a poster and a bluray with some behind the scenes shit. That's all you need.
Will probably be able to sell the Steam code for a profit.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
The thing about that "Well after that" is that this is the kind of thing you'd need to know how accurate the transcription is to fully understand. "Well, after that" is different to "Well after that", because the comma would change the meaning of the sentence. As it's written without the comma, though, yeah, it does denote an amount of time after the noted event (E3).

Status
Not open for further replies.