• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
You know what Bronson.

You're alright.
ThinkingGradualAwesome.gif

Delete your avatar
That isn't Kiryu

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Would anyone know at which point Steam stops blocking profile features (achievements, game count) of legit games after the "learning" period?

I understand why Steam insists on "learning" about all the new games, except from AAA pubs apparently, but I don't understand why after the "learning" process legit games are still limited?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Random question, but why does Youtube make my uploads look inferior in quality than they actually are? Really sucks. :|

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Would anyone know at which point Steam stops blocking profile features (achievements, game count) of legit games after the "learning" period?

I understand why Steam insists on "learning" about all the new games, except from AAA pubs apparently, but I don't understand why after the "learning" process legit games are still limited?

I read on reddit that it's after a sales milestone is achieved. Sadly, I don't know what's that milestone.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

They changed the name of "learning" to "profile features limited" because it seemed some developers considered the first to be equivalent to shovelware. The restrictions are the same (and they were tweaked I guess after a bug was discovered last month).

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
I hope they take the right lessons away from BFV's failure. For me it wasn't the customization, and I loved all the tank changes.

It was just so.. piecemeal? Limited selection of weapons. Limited selection of maps. (And even then, only half of them were actually fun.) Limited selection of game-modes and missing fan-favorites such as Rush... Etc.

I really don't think they need to be re-inventing the wheel for each BF. Hopefully the next one does better.

I'm hearing that the last big patches made some good changes and improvements. Will make sure to give it another chance soon.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Random question, but why does Youtube make my uploads look inferior in quality than they actually are? Really sucks. :|
The answer is that it's obviously transcoding them. How do you avoid that, I have no clue. Remember that it will try to serve different stuff depending on users' browser, internet speed, and the time passed since upload for further transcoding optimization (maybe it depends on view count as well?).

If you're uploading game footage, consider disabling motion blur if possible. I remember content creators repeatedly mentioning this.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
The answer is that it's obviously transcoding them. How do you avoid that, I have no clue. Remember that it will try to serve different stuff depending on users' browser, internet speed, and the time passed since upload for further transcoding optimization (maybe it depends on view count as well?).

If you're uploading game footage, consider disabling motion blur if possible. I remember content creators repeatedly mentioning this.

I capture footage with Nvidia, it looks normal when I view it in VLC player. File size is usually 1 or 2 GB. In Youtube, despite it saying it's playing in 1080p, the video quality looks between 720p and 1080p. No motion blur ingame.

smuguire

Oct 27, 2017
I capture footage with Nvidia, it looks normal when I view it in VLC player. File size is usually 1 or 2 GB. In Youtube, despite it saying it's playing in 1080p, the video quality looks between 720p and 1080p. No motion blur ingame.

Are you playing at 1080p? I've found capturing at a resolution higher than 1080p (1440p in my case) and then letting YouTube turn that video into a 1080p video produces drastically better results than when I capture and upload at 1080p

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Are you playing at 1080p? I've found capturing at a resolution higher than 1080p (1440p in my case) and then letting YouTube turn that video into a 1080p video produces drastically better results than when I capture and upload at 1080p

Hmm, I don't think Geforce Experience has a setting to record at a higher resolution. It's Instant Reply feature does seem to have that function, but I don't want to use that. And I already turned off Game Bar because it was impacting my performance. Ah well, it's not a big deal I guess.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Like 7 years ago or whatever, I put $6 on a KS for a Quest for Glory spiritual follow up. It's called Mage's Initiation and it finally came out. Not sure if it was worth the wait since reviews seem divisive with a few glaring problems, more importantly some lack of charm in comparison to QfG.

But hey, at least it came out. I also put $15 on the Space Quest follow up at about the same time and that will likely never come out in any shape that will be worthwhile considering the ridiculous amount of issues that project and the people working on it have gone through.

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
We have a new recommendation!

2B0QzXu.png

My Time At Portia
- arts&crafts
Did you love Stardew Valley? Does Animal Crossing make you smile? Are you looking for a semi-relaxing game that can be played at your leisure? If you answered maybe to any of the previous questions then do I have a game for you! My Time at Portia is a charming 3D Pseudo-RPG Simulation game that recently left Early Access. As a young builder you move to a new land to take over your father's workshop for a chance at a new life. The game has a plethora of different features and activities. Meet and make friends with the town folk, complete commissions for money and fame, get married, decorate your house or build a farm with animals and crops, fish, explore dungeons and battle monsters with real time combat! There is a lot more where that came from but the sentence was getting long, so check out the free Demo on Steam and try it for yourself!

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Also a reminder on our monthly retro and monthly challenges for this month:

D7sTtCN.png

Hard West
- Tizoc
Hard West is a turn based tactics game with a wild west setting. Control Warren as travels the western frontier seeking revenge against the demonic forces that destroyed his life as he recruits allies to his cause along his journey.

The game consists of 8 main scenarios and has various difficulty options allowing you to tweak the gameplay to your preference whether you want to make your experience easier or harder.

The main goal for this challenge is to simply complete the main game's scenarios.

People who have completed the challenge:

• NONE SO FAR

xM8izhq.png

Catherine Classic
- Uzzy
It's February, and that means Valentine's Day, and what better way to celebrate that by spending some quality time with your waifu? Get the 'Starting a New Life' or 'Lord of the Night' achievement in Catherine!

People who have completed the challenge:

• NONE SO FAR

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
I'm actually quite excited for Titanfall BR. I don't really know what it is but there is something in the Source engine that makes movement so enjoyable.

Still I hope this is just a little side project for Respawn and we'll get a proper sequel to Titanfall 2 someday.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Catching up on an mmo really sucks sometimes, been waiting 40 minutes to get enough people via duty finder to fight a mandatory story progression boss in FFXIV

Edit: moments after complaining it finally starts lol

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Here's my current gaming status....

Currently Playing
-Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD (PS3) - Chapter 1 - Mission 07 -- Tank Battle: T-72U - 7 hours
-Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops (PSP) - A DIVERSION - 5 Hours
-Call of Duty 1 (Steam/PC) - Chateau - 2 Hours

Recently Completed (As of January 2019)
-Kirby Planet Robobot (3DS)
-New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
-Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater HD (PS3)
-The Vagrant (PC)
-Mega Man 3 (PC)
-Mega Man 4 (PC)
-Mega Man 5 (PC)
-Mega Man 6 (PC)

Next To Play
-Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
-Secret Agent Clank (PSP)
-Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth:V1 (Steam/PC)

----

Also...

Game completion hours for January 2019

Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater HD (PS3) - 18 hours
Kirby Planet Robobot (3DS) - 12 hours
The Vagrant (PC) - 11 hours
New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS) - 5 hours
Mega Man 5 (PC) - 5 hours
Mega Man 3 (PC) - 5 hours
Mega Man 4 (PC) - 4 hours
Mega Man 6 (PC) - 2 hours

Total: 62 Hours

---

Game Completion Review Scores for January 2019

3DS
Kirby Planet Robobot - 95
New Super Mario Bros 2 - 84

PS3
Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater HD - 97

PC
Mega Man Legacy Collection (PC) - 90
Mega Man 5 (PC) - 84
Mega Man 6 (PC) - 84
The Vagrant (PC) - 83
Mega Man 3 (PC) - 82
Mega Man 4 (PC) - 82

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
We have a new recommendation!

2B0QzXu.png

My Time At Portia
- arts&crafts
Did you love Stardew Valley? Does Animal Crossing make you smile? Are you looking for a semi-relaxing game that can be played at your leisure? If you answered maybe to any of the previous questions then do I have a game for you! My Time at Portia is a charming 3D Pseudo-RPG Simulation game that recently left Early Access. As a young builder you move to a new land to take over your father's workshop for a chance at a new life. The game has a plethora of different features and activities. Meet and make friends with the town folk, complete commissions for money and fame, get married, decorate your house or build a farm with animals and crops, fish, explore dungeons and battle monsters with real time combat! There is a lot more where that came from but the sentence was getting long, so check out the free Demo on Steam and try it for yourself!
Love Portia. Will try Hard West too.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually quite excited for Titanfall BR. I don't really know what it is but there is something in the Source engine that makes movement so enjoyable.

Still I hope this is just a little side project for Respawn and we'll get a proper sequel to Titanfall 2 someday.

Its a reason to use Origin this year for something other than Anthem. Could wind up being huge for them on PC.

Being F2P could spice things up even further. Hopefully the game is actually good and EA doesn't fuck it up somehow.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
Its a reason to use Origin this year for something other than Anthem. Could wind up being huge for them on PC.

Being F2P could spice things up even further. Hopefully the game is actually good and EA doesn't fuck it up somehow.
They already fucked it up with the release date. Battlefield V BR is supposed to launch this spring sometime and there is no way there's enough players to sustain both games with Fortnite and PUBG still being hugely popular.

EA doing EA things by competing with themselves (just like Titanfall 2).

It doesn't have wall running does it?

Titanfall BR obviously
I found this a bit strange at first as well, but it must have been a nightmare for the map designers if you are able to wallrun and climb everything.

LatscherGnu

Apr 23, 2018

I'm the same way, source just feels right, same with the quake 1/2/3 engines for me

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
epick6j3i.png

We take Games from the corrupt, the rich, the opressors of a generation that kept you down for a generation with myths of opportunity and give it back to you... the devs. Games are yours, do as you please. None shall interfere.But start by storming Steam and freeing the opressed! Valve will be ripped from their decadent nests, and cast out into the cold world we know and endure. Courts will be convened. Higher cuts will be enjoyed. Blood will be shed. The consumers will survive, as they learn to serve true justice. This great industry...it will endure. Games will survive!

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
SSR just needs to die already.

It looks so bad in this game. There's also something about the shading that causes the walls kind of warp when moving toward and away from them. It's so bad that it actively makes me not want to play it, because I get a bit woozy just looking at it.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
Yeah. It's not so bad in the dark. But for me, the main room in the RPD is kind of nauseating. Depending on the camera angle, there are these weird little graphical glitches all over the place.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
epick6j3i.png

We take Games from the corrupt, the rich, the opressors of a generation that kept you down for a generation with myths of opportunity and give it back to you... the devs. Games are yours, do as you please. None shall interfere.But start by storming Steam and freeing the opressed! Valve will be ripped from their decadent nests, and cast out into the cold world we know and endure. Courts will be convened. Higher cuts will be enjoyed. Blood will be shed. The consumers will survive, as they learn to serve true justice. This great industry...it will endure. Games will survive!

👌

10/10

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
😡 RE2 all of a sudden doesn't recognize my controller, I even uninstalled and reinstalled.

Oct 26, 2017
Like 7 years ago or whatever, I put $6 on a KS for a Quest for Glory spiritual follow up. It's called Mage's Initiation and it finally came out. Not sure if it was worth the wait since reviews seem divisive with a few glaring problems, more importantly some lack of charm in comparison to QfG.

But hey, at least it came out. I also put $15 on the Space Quest follow up at about the same time and that will likely never come out in any shape that will be worthwhile considering the ridiculous amount of issues that project and the people working on it have gone through.
I also backed the space quest game... I forgot the name... Two guys from Andromeda, or something...

I don't even read the dev updates anymore. Whenever I get them in my box, they just feel like spam. I just stopped caring...

Still, it's not the biggest KS failure I backed. That award goes to Sealark.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Only Kickstarter I've backed that I'd consider a disaster was Nightcry and honestly I didn't expect much since the ks itself was for an enhanced pc release of a mobile game they were working on. Which never came out.

Even Nightcry has its funny moments tho, despite that not being what you'd want.

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
😡 RE2 all of a sudden doesn't recognize my controller, I even uninstalled and reinstalled.

I had that happen with LEGO Super villains. It made no sense to me. I swapped controllers to my Xbox one and the game recognized it. What's odd is my PS4 controllers is using ds4 windows wrapper so it should think it's a Xbox controller anyway.

I also played it for at least an hour on separate occasions just fine before.

I haven't tried recently but I wonder what causes this.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I had that happen with LEGO Super villains. It made no sense to me. I swapped controllers to my Xbox one and the game recognized it. What's odd is my PS4 controllers is using ds4 windows wrapper so it should think it's a Xbox controller anyway.

I also played it for at least an hour on separate occasions just fine before.

I haven't tried recently but I wonder what causes this.

It works fine in big picture too. The only thing I had done was put on reshape, which I uninstalled before trying the complete reinstall.

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It works fine in big picture too. The only thing I had done was put on reshape, which I uninstalled before trying the complete reinstall.

I don't think I tried big picture mode when I had the problem. I definitely will next time I boot that game (LEGO ) and my ds4 doesn't work just out of curiosity.

suikoder

Oct 25, 2017
steam client is updating almost daily for me, the heck is going on?

also Portia is GOTY, could be even GOAT, we'll see

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
epick6j3i.png

Brilliant

Hope this becomes a meme

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
Say. Did Steam implement a spelling correction feature with the last update? Because I'm seeing a red underline under almost every English word I type in chat or forums.

steam0ej97.jpg

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Troubleshooting my controller issue I found some curious stuff. My device manager showed an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One controller even though I only have an Xbox One controller attached. Looking at the Steam config it showed the same, but identifying the Xbox 360 controller caused my controller to vibrate and nothing happened when identifying the Xbox One controller.

Digging in I found that the Xbox 360 entry in the device manager was somehow linked to Rainway, as a sort of virtual controller. Since I don't use Rainway I uninstalled it, and that cleared the device manager entry and also made the controller work properly in RE.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just beat MGSV TPP (all 50 missions complete), and I actually quite liked it. The story is nonsensical, but that's basically every MGS. TPP is my fav MGS. I've played MGS and MGS2, and about a few hours of MGS3 & MGS4 combined. I don't really like "stealth games," and thought I would bounce off TPP as well, but after an initial shaky few hours, I managed to get to grips with the control system, and it ended up performing serviceably. I guess my biggest gripe would be all the dead time waiting for researched items to complete, and the steep resource requirements to build up the base. Not only that, but I didn't end up using a lot of items, and there were so many different types of guns I didn't really see the point of.

I clocked seventy-two hrs, but I'm sure at least five or six of those were idling for stuff to develop, and another fifteen may have been running around and redoing some missions, and another significant batch of hours was probably in menus or going to and from mother-base. But fifty missions is a lot. A bunch felt like they took an hour, but I did remember getting a bunch of missions in the middle that were like ten minutes long.

Status
Not open for further replies.