• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Can anyone help me build a computer using this website? (Location: Philippines).
I have no knowledge building one myself and I'm letting this shop assemble this for me

hwsugar.ph

Hardware Sugar: No BS, no compromises

Hardware Sugar, Philippines' number 1 PC parts store. We are the top source for high-end gaming component like Nvidia RTX cards, Ryzen CPUs, Intel 12th gen CPUs, RAM, SSD, PSU, Motherboards, RGB peripherals, coolers, AIOs, gaming monitors, and more. We ship nationwide and offer 1 year warranty...

I'm looking for a computer build that is good for graphics design (Photoshop, Clip Studio and animations), maybe some video editing..
and that can also play games at 1080p + 60fps

My budget is around 1.5 to 2k USD (converted to PHP)

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Can anyone help me build a computer using this website? (Location: Philippines).
I have no knowledge building one myself and I'm letting this shop assemble this for me

hwsugar.ph

Hardware Sugar: No BS, no compromises

Hardware Sugar, Philippines' number 1 PC parts store. We are the top source for high-end gaming component like Nvidia RTX cards, Ryzen CPUs, Intel 12th gen CPUs, RAM, SSD, PSU, Motherboards, RGB peripherals, coolers, AIOs, gaming monitors, and more. We ship nationwide and offer 1 year warranty...

I'm looking for a computer build that is good for graphics design (Photoshop, Clip Studio and animations), maybe some video editing..
and that can also play games at 1080p + 60fps

My budget is around 1.5 to 2k USD (converted to PHP)
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X - P19500
GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus XS C OC - P24700
MOBO: MPG B550 Gaming Carbon Wifi - P11650
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2 x 8GB DDR4 3600MHz - P5850
PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum 550w - P6100
CASE: NZXT H510 Matte White - P5280
STORAGE 1: Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 500GB - P6650
STORAGE 2: WD Blue 2TB HDD - P3190

MB, GPU and PSU selection is limited on the website, you might want to ask if they have other PSUs on sale, ideally 80+ Plus Gold at 600+W.

Oct 29, 2017

MB, GPU and PSU selection is limited on the website, you might want to ask if they have other PSUs on sale, ideally 80+ Plus Gold at 600+W.

I think I would give them the 32GB of RAM option, since Photoshop can often make use of that.

And yeah, some whack PSU options. A 550W that's 150% the price their other 700W option because it's 80+ platinum.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines

Thank you. I'll ask about the PSU

I think I would give them the 32GB of RAM option, since Photoshop can often make use of that.

And yeah, some whack PSU options. A 550W that's 150% the price their other 700W option because it's 80+ platinum.

made an edit and change it to 2x 16gb ddr4

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Hi guys, I never thought I'd say this, but I have rejoined the pc dark side after a 10 year console hiatus. My nephew is in IT for the military and he has convinced me to go the pc route instead of the ps5 and xbox series x path, which I was going to buy. Why wait for next gen when you could have a much much better system now? So I bought gigabyte aorus 17G as per his guidance from newegg. 3k cad shipped out of California. I bought it for portability going from room to room and to my cottage. I went back to my sleeping steam account, bought wasteland 3, skyrim, and bfv. Man am I soooo stoked!!! It arrives next week!

Edit: the computer is for gaming only.
Features & Details
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Max-Q 8 GB GDDR6
  • Powered by the 10th Generation Intel Processor - Intel Core i7-10750H (2.60 GHz)
  • 16 GB Memory, 512 GB PCIe SSD
  • 17.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Thin Bezel 144 Hz anti-glare, X-Rite Pantone Certified, individually factory calibrated
  • 1 x Thunderbolt 3 (Type-C), 1 x Mini DisplayPort 1.4, 1 x HDMI 2.0
  • 3 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A
  • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  • Equipped with a mechanical keyboard

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
So Intelis giving away Marvel avengers game and skin pack with a purchase of select processors.

i wonder if they are tied to your purchase in anyway. I would hope to sell it to soften the blow.

Oct 26, 2017
Amazon shipped the wrong PSU. Got an MWE 650 instead of a 750 Watt one. I mean it would probably be enough, but I got a good deal in the 750, so I want that model.

roddjbrown

Nov 14, 2017
OK, I have another embarrassing question. This is my first build so bear with me!

So, I've installed an aio cooler. The one cable left to wire up is the sata cable. Here's the embarrassing question, where does it go? I've found a cable in my PSU box that takes a 6 pin and seems to turn it into 4 sata ports. Is that what I should be using? Does that just join the cable madness at the back as a string of sata ports?

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
OK, I have another embarrassing question. This is my first build so bear with me!

So, I've installed an aio cooler. The one cable left to wire up is the sata cable. Here's the embarrassing question, where does it go? I've found a cable in my PSU box that takes a 6 pin and seems to turn it into 4 sata ports. Is that what I should be using? Does that just join the cable madness at the back as a string of sata ports?

Yes, 6 pin goes into the PSU and you use one of the four SATA ports for your AIO. Which one are you using? I just installed my first AIO a couple of days ago, the Corsair H100x.

roddjbrown

Nov 14, 2017
Yes, 6 pin goes into the PSU and you use one of the four SATA ports for your AIO. Which one are you using? I just installed my first AIO a couple of days ago, the Corsair H100x.
Thanks! The h100i. Considering I've not done it before I'm really enjoying the process of putting everything together. The only disappointment is it's all going to have to wait for the gpu depending on what happens on the 1st!

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
So I am looking to get another m.2 drive, ideally as a replacement for my 1tb HDD, which I use to house Steam games. To keep the HDD is a bit of an annoyance as the PSU cords that I have daisy chained to reach the docking bay bloat the cord management in the back of my PC, not to mention I'd just prefer to have a faster storage option anyway for the games.

I'd like to be able to easily clone or transfer the storage to the new drive without reinstalling everything. Is there an easy option to do so?

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Been looking at new case to buy, I ordered the Liam Li Lancool II Mesh. But now having 2nd thoughts and wondering if I should cancel it and get the Phanteks P600s instead.

Which one would you guys recommend?

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
So I am looking to get another m.2 drive, ideally as a replacement for my 1tb HDD, which I use to house Steam games. To keep the HDD is a bit of an annoyance as the PSU cords that I have daisy chained to reach the docking bay bloat the cord management in the back of my PC, not to mention I'd just prefer to have a faster storage option anyway for the games.

I'd like to be able to easily clone or transfer the storage to the new drive without reinstalling everything. Is there an easy option to do so?

Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect Free Trials

Macrium Reflect - Incredibly powerful software that allows you to create and schedule effective backups

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, Samsung added the 980 Pro to their site within the last 24 hours! Guess this will be up for sale soon https://www.samsung.com/sg/memory-storage/980-pro-nvme-m2-ssd/MZ-V8P1T0BW/

Also thanks for the reply! I guess I will find out if my 650 G2 can't handle the card. Ordered the PSU and it's supposed to ship a few days after the Nvidia event, so hopefully we have more specific information than just TGP by then.

The lack of a price is scaring me

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Man my 960GB Crucial M500 just vanished from Explorer and has me thinking it's toast.

With that bit about Windows 10 thrashing SSDs just coming out a few days ago, I'm trying to think this was a coincidence.

I mean it was a 7 year old SATA SSD. Maybe Microsoft just knocked it off the ledge.

I'm just glad I pretty much kept everything cloned over on my 1TB 960 EVO. I lost freaking hundreds of GBs of downloaded Steam games though. It was mostly backlog hell but damn.

Now I REALLY need NAND prices to drop ASAP. I have no HDDs and am down to a 512GB and a 1TB SSD. I need a 2TB as soon as possible.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Just want to say fuck be quiet!. All of my issues with this build is because of them. First it was the case and their idiotic production team overtightening the screws making it impossible to take apart. Now it turns out they designed their 140mm fans backwards causing me to have all my exhaust fans to be intake. I checked the 120mm and thought it was normal in that the sticker was facing outwards and so assumed the 140mm would be identical. Nope. For whatever reason their fans are flipped depending on the size.

I've been having serious thermal issues the entire week with my temps getting to 90C and I had no clue why until I decided to randomly check the small arrow on the side. I'm making a point of never using their company again.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, my experiences with be quiet have been equally bad. I will never get the hours of frustration back that their PSUs caused me (and my brother as well, funnily enough - two completely different builds and their stuff just died or constantly caused issues under load despite being adequately specced). Shame, because it's a local company, but what you gonna do.

Brandino

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Just want to say fuck be quiet!. All of my issues with this build is because of them. First it was the case and their idiotic production team overtightening the screws making it impossible to take apart. Now it turns out they designed their 140mm fans backwards causing me to have all my exhaust fans to be intake. I checked the 120mm and thought it was normal in that the sticker was facing outwards and so assumed the 140mm would be identical. Nope. For whatever reason their fans are flipped depending on the size.

I've been having serious thermal issues the entire week with my temps getting to 90C and I had no clue why until I decided to randomly check the small arrow on the side. I'm making a point of never using their company again.
Always look for the arrows.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Oh, Samsung added the 980 Pro to their site within the last 24 hours! Guess this will be up for sale soon https://www.samsung.com/sg/memory-storage/980-pro-nvme-m2-ssd/MZ-V8P1T0BW/

Also thanks for the reply! I guess I will find out if my 650 G2 can't handle the card. Ordered the PSU and it's supposed to ship a few days after the Nvidia event, so hopefully we have more specific information than just TGP by then.
I'm curious how much this is going to cost. lol

Edit: rofl this marketing blurb
Designed with hardcore gamers and tech-savvy users in mind, the 980 PRO offers high-performance bandwidth and throughput for heavy-duty applications in gaming, graphics, data analytics, and more. It's fast at loading games so you can play more and wait less.

Darkonda

May 23, 2018
Yup, my experiences with be quiet have been equally bad. I will never get the hours of frustration back that their PSUs caused me (and my brother as well, funnily enough - two completely different builds and their stuff just died or constantly caused issues under load despite being adequately specced). Shame, because it's a local company, but what you gonna do.

I have a Straight Power 11 platinum rated psu. You got me paranoid now

suvrobot

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Where are you looking? I see " Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC" in the 'Show All Specs' dropdown.
"3-bit MLC" is Samsung's marketing term for TLC memory. Similarly, they use "4-bit MLC" to describe their QLC drives.

Based on the endurance warranty posted (50% less compared to the 970 Pro) and the fact that Samsung is selling the new Pro drives in 250GB and 500GB capacities (instead of 256GB and 512GB) it does look like they are moving forward with TLC memory.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I'm curious how much this is going to cost. lol

Edit: rofl this marketing blurb

The marketing? Samsung isn't dumb, they see what's coming.They're going after that PS5 expansion slot money. Just didn't go as far as paying Sony for that 'Playstation 5 ™ Ready' branding.

Expect competitive pricing on this generation of the PRO imo.

"3-bit MLC" is Samsung's marketing term for TLC memory. Similarly, they use "4-bit MLC" to describe their QLC drives.

Based on the endurance warranty posted (50% less compared to the 970 Pro) and the fact that Samsung is selling the new Pro drives in 250GB and 500GB capacities (instead of 256GB and 512GB) it does look like they are moving forward with TLC memory.

Ah I didn't know that of their terminology. I've always ought the EVOs so TLC was a given for me.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Man, hiding the clear CMOS jumper behind the I/O shield in the MSI B550I board is a cruel joke. Since I'm building in a small form factor case, I have to disassemble everything to remove the motherboard and remove that shield to clear CMOS. At least I'm getting faster at assembly now.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
I need a case recommendation. My entertainment center has a 17w x 17d x 11h inches (45 x 43 x 28 cm) space I can use for a gaming PC.

To fit well, it would have to be a horizontal PC case. It needs to fit a 3090. No HDDs or Disc drives will be used. Only a couple SSDs and an M2.

Front to back airflow would be ideal.

This coolermaster case would work but it is 13 inches tall (WHY?) so it won't fit:

shopping

I looked at Silverstone GD09-C but it does not have front air intake, it's a side to side intake. Air intake from the right side is fine, but the left side is next to my center speaker so airflow will not be good.

gd09-34-right.jpg

71fjq9y2GEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I could put the silverstone sideways but it wouldn't be as pretty, and the USB ports would not be facing me anymore.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I know this is a tough one so I don't necessarily expect there is a case that meets my needs.

Edit: Budget is $300.

Last edited:

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I need a case recommendation. My entertainment center has a 17w x 17d x 11h inches (45 x 43 x 28 cm) space I can use for a gaming PC.

To fit well, it would have to be a horizontal PC case. It needs to fit a 3090. No HDDs or Disc drives will be used. Only a couple SSDs and an M2.

Front to back airflow would be ideal.

This coolermaster case would work but it is 13 inches tall (WHY?) so it won't fit:

shopping

I looked at Silverstone GD09-C but it does not have front air intake, it's a side to side intake. Air intake from the right side is fine, but the left side is next to my center speaker so airflow will not be good.

gd09-34-right.jpg

71fjq9y2GEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I could put the silverstone sideways but it wouldn't be as pretty, and the USB ports would not be facing me anymore.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I know this is a tough one so I don't necessarily expect there is a case that meets my needs.
What's your budget?

Cases that small are usually sandwich style cases that have side/bottom intakes and top exhaust. You could always get something like a Ghost S1 or FormD T1 and use an AIO for the CPU and have that side face the speaker. Then the GPU side would face the open side and intake air. I just built in a T1 and use a 240mm AIO, it's great and can fit graphics cards up to 312mm in length.

You might have luck asking here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/small-form-factor-gaming-pc-thread-aka-htpc.164470/

And this SFFPC case spreadsheet might be useful: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AddRvGWJ_f4B6UC7_IftDiVudVc8CJ8sxLUqlxVsCz4/edit

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man....the 1660 super is a damn good budget card. I got it to hold off until the new nvidia cards release but I might hold out for a little longer. Playing Forza Horizon maxed and it's hitting 60+ most of the time. Drop a few settings and I'm in the 90-100 range. This is on a 1440p ultra wide monitor

mhayze

Nov 18, 2017
Hi guys, I never thought I'd say this, but I have rejoined the pc dark side after a 10 year console hiatus. My nephew is in IT for the military and he has convinced me to go the pc route instead of the ps5 and xbox series x path, which I was going to buy. Why wait for next gen when you could have a much much better system now? So I bought gigabyte aorus 17G as per his guidance from newegg. 3k cad shipped out of California. I bought it for portability going from room to room and to my cottage. I went back to my sleeping steam account, bought wasteland 3, skyrim, and bfv. Man am I soooo stoked!!! It arrives next week!

Edit: the computer is for gaming only.
Features & Details
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Max-Q 8 GB GDDR6