• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NiteChylde

Oct 28, 2017
No OC = More fans are useless. Your system will run at around 30-40C at idle, depending on ambient temp, and reach up to ~75C at max load. (At idle, some fans will probably not even spin.) That's all within fine limits. Adding a fan or two will knock off maybe 5 degrees at most. Just clean the case annually (more if pets involved) of dust to keep the airflow intact. (Use a hairdryer on no-heat setting.)

Budget for monitor? You can also check out these review websites for an idea.

www.rtings.com

Monitor Reviews: Best of 2024

305 Monitor reviews. Start with our picks for the best monitors below. These are the ones we recommend based on our testing and in-depth monitor reviews.

www.tftcentral.co.uk

Reviews of Monitors and Displays from TFTCentral

Expert monitor and display reviews with in depth analysis, testing, results and measurements. In depth, thorough and experienced

But generally, the recommendation is either the Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ or LG 27GL850.

Thank you!

Budget ist not a problem, fortunately. I'm just hesistant to spend 600-700 bucks on a monitor, if not necessary.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
All I knew of HDR prior to this ASUS ROG PG27UQ monitor purchase was my experience with my LG E9 OLED. The local dimming on the screen feels a tad cheap in comparison. And yeah, even with my 2080 Ti, very few games will actually run at 4K and 144Hz. But the great thing is that I can play games at 1440p with HDR and 144 Hz, or play them in 4K at a lower frame rate, and having G-Sync makes the frame rate chugging hardly noticeable most of the time. Also, I'll be ready for 4K/144 Hz whenever the cards come out that can pull that off. The colors and HDR are incredibly accurate. Bottom line, I am really happy that I was able to get a monitor that truly does it all, even if current graphics cards won't let it do all of the things all of the time. As far as I'm concerned, it was money well spent since I highly doubt I will see a better 16:9 monitor for a long time, aside from how bummed I will be when the PS5 can't take full advantage of it due to the lack of HDMI 2.1 in it.
Thank you. Yes, it seems like a good monitor that becomes better with better GFXcards. All other options look like a Half step. (1440P/Fake HDR)
Most next gen console games will be targeted at 4k/60 so the experience will be good. Only thing is that you will be missing is VRR I guess.

Simuly

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 8, 2019
Thank you for your answers, it's pretty comprehensive.
I didn't think about DLSS but it's indeed a pretty big deal. I'll wait a bit and I might go for a 2060 if I see a good price.

I wouldn't necessarily call that good advice, actually. If your takeaway is to get the 2060S over the 5700XT, watch this video - the XT is significantly (9% average over 35 games) faster and cheaper:

youtu.be

Radeon RX 5700 XT vs. GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 2020 Update

Support us on Patreon https://www.patreon.com/posts/35946602Merch: http://crowdmade.com/hardwareunboxedRadeon RX 5700 XT - https://amzn.to/2Js33xBGeForce RTX...

The point about it lacking hardware RT is a salient point, but remember, 2060S is at the bottom of the stack in terms of Tensor Cores.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys!

It's been well over 15 years since I had a PC gaming rig and I think I'm ready to dive back in and build one. I'm looking to build something respectable that can hit 1440p efficiently and within a reasonable price point. Based here in the UK, so will be looking at sites like scan.co.uk / aria.co.uk etc

Any advise would be greatly appreciated, its been so long since I've looked at these parts now.
Also I'd prefer to be somewhat future proof for next gen games too.

OP
OP
Crazymoogle

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Thank you!

Budget ist not a problem, fortunately. I'm just hesistant to spend 600-700 bucks on a monitor, if not necessary.

Well, the Meshify C does look much better and has a good flow if you add two front 140mm fans. Or use an AIO, whatever works for you.

This one is mine (shamelessly reposting, I should just make a threadmark lol)
R3600builddark.jpg

I don't think you need to spend 600-700 on a monitor, but it depends on what your perspective of a good monitor is.

For me? 27" IPS, 144hz and 1440p. In my end of the world I can get that for around ~300 USD, but the actual monitor and pricing is very fluid right now based on the supply chain. We have some people here that are debating very expensive G-SYNC HDR panels and LG OLED (~thousands) as well as cheap 1080p144 monitors and everything inbetween.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Well, the Meshify C does look much better and has a good flow if you add two front 140mm fans. Or use an AIO, whatever works for you.

R3600builddark.jpg

I don't think you need to spend 600-700 on a monitor, but it depends on what your perspective of a good monitor is.

For me? 27" IPS, 144hz and 1440p. In my end of the world I can get that for around ~300 USD, but the actual monitor and pricing is very fluid right now based on the supply chain. We have some people here that are debating very expensive G-SYNC HDR panels and LG OLED (~thousands) as well as cheap 1080p144 monitors and everything inbetween.

What's the specs on that sexy beast?

OP
OP
Crazymoogle

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
What's the specs on that sexy beast?
  • CPU: RYZEN 5 3600 w/Dark Rock 4 Slim Cooler (will probably move to Ryzen 4000)
  • MB: ASUS TUF X570 WiFi
  • RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo
  • GPU: EVGA GTX970 (waiting on RTX3070)
  • PSU: Corsair RM650
  • SSD: 2TB ADATA SX8200 Pro NVMe
  • HDD: 1.5TB WD Blue (old...)
  • CASE: Fractal Meshify C Dark TG
  • FANS: 3x140mm Thermaltake Riing Trio (2 front, 1 top)
  • FANS: 2x Cooler Master Halo MF120 (1 back/1 Top)
The MF120 Halo and Riing Trio I both picked out because they have rear ring illumination, which I think is important if you want a case interior. If your fan only looks great from the front then anything on exhaust is going to be awful.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot the NVMe...

Last edited:

Vex

Oct 25, 2017

R3600builddark.jpg

what temps are you getting at idle and under load? I just need a point of reference because I notice you too have a Dark Rock cooler and I am getting mine too with my mobo (also TUF) by sunday/monday.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Run an "active" HDMI cable if you're using a long length like that. They cost more (obviously) but it will be able to carry the signal at 4k HDR for long distances without dropping or flickering.
I'd guess something like this is what you mean?

Monoprice 4K Braided High Speed HDMI Cable 50ft - CL3 In Wall Rated 18Gbps Active Gray - Monoprice.com

Monoprice™ 4K Braided High Speed HDMI® Cables feature the next generation of active HDMI cable technology. It delivers 18Gbps bandwidth and supports Ultra HD HDMI video transmissio

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
I really wanna do another build (my legendary 3770k is on it's last leg's) but jumping into AM4 now seems like a dumb idea, esp with AM5 and DDR5 around the corner.

Problem is though, I'm seriously worried about AMD's first batch of AM5 boards, just like with AM4's ram fuckery, I expect there to be issues that will make it annoying to use. That could take another year or more to sort out. AM5 launches mid-late nxt year if we're lucky. That makes it another 2 years at most with my 1070 + 3770k combo.

Would you take the risk and wait it out - for potentially less problematic boards + DDR5?

OP
OP
Crazymoogle

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
what temps are you getting at idle and under load? I just need a point of reference because I notice you too have a Dark Rock cooler and I am getting mine too with my mobo (also TUF) by sunday/monday.

Well unfortunately where I live - Singapore - the average outdoor/indoor temperature is ~30c. So that probably affects my baseline even when the aircon is on. The 3600 runs hot though, so like ~49-53 idle and peak up to 73c while playing AC Odyssey. I did slightly screw up the cooler install though, maybe I'll try repasting it one day.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
A few things...

In the process of ordering parts for my first PC in a decade, exciting! But have a couple of questions.

• CPU Cooler, I was initially gonna order a Ryzen 3600 with the Wraith Stealth, but it seems like the Wraith Stealth is not great? Should I upgrade to the 3600X with a Wraith Spire (currently on sale for $205... $30 over the 3600) or spend $40-50 on an aftermarket cooler? I am sure the Noctua low profile cooler would be better, but those around around $50. I like the aesthetic and lower price of upping to the 3600X a lot more
  • Whats a good GPU for around $150 that will get me through the next year? I'm planning to just kinda dip my toes back into PC gaming at 1080p, this is not the primary focus of the build as I'm more of a console gamer, and upgrade in a year or so once the 3000 series GeForce GPUs are out if I find myself getting more into PC gaming. Currently looking primarily at the RX570, GeForce 1650, and RX580. Which is the best to go with?
Thanks for the help!

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
I really wanna do another build (my legendary 3770k is on it's last leg's) but jumping into AM4 now seems like a dumb idea, esp with AM5 and DDR5 around the corner.

Keep in mind that around the corner is over a year away at the soonest barring any hail marys from Intel. Ryzen 4000 is gonna be AM4 and isn't even out yet, likely coming this fall, and Ryzen 5000 (with AM5 and DDR5) will come at earliest, a year after that.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
If my monitor has an USB C input and my new GPU has a USB C output.... will connecting a usb c to usb c cable drive video???

OP
OP
Crazymoogle

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia

Problem is though, I'm seriously worried about AMD's first batch of AM5 boards, just like with AM4's ram fuckery, I expect there to be issues that will make it annoying to use. That could take another year or more to sort out. AM5 launches mid-late nxt year if we're lucky. That makes it another 2 years at most with my 1070 + 3770k combo.

Would you take the risk and wait it out - for potentially less problematic boards + DDR5?
  • Just to be clear, this year is still AM4. (Zen 3)
  • Next year (end 2021) will be AM5 (Zen 4) which will presumably move to DDR5, with probably USB4 and maybe even PCIe 5 being a possibility. It's also possible there are late 2021 Zen 3 models though, so a bit hazy...
To me that is too long to wait for a system update, especially if you have the 3770k. AMD memory handling got a lot better with Zen 3 so not too worried, but you are right that who knows how good/flakey DDR5 will be.

A few things...

In the process of ordering parts for my first PC in a decade, exciting! But have a couple of questions.

• CPU Cooler, I was initially gonna order a Ryzen 3600 with the Wraith Stealth, but it seems like the Wraith Stealth is not great? Should I upgrade to the 3600X with a Wraith Spire (currently on sale for $205... $30 over the 3600) or spend $40-50 on an aftermarket cooler? I am sure the Noctua low profile cooler would be better, but those around around $50. I like the aesthetic and lower price of upping to the 3600X a lot more
  • Whats a good GPU for around $150 that will get me through the next year? I'm planning to just kinda dip my toes back into PC gaming at 1080p, this is not the primary focus of the build as I'm more of a console gamer, and upgrade in a year or so once the 3000 series GeForce GPUs are out if I find myself getting more into PC gaming. Currently looking primarily at the RX570, GeForce 1650, and RX580. Which is the best to go with?
Thanks for the help!

I think the 3600X is a fine route with a great starter cooler. Why not?

The 580 is easily the best of the 3. If you do end up getting the 1650 I would look for the "G6" model (switches to GDDR6 memory).

OP
OP
Crazymoogle

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
If my monitor has an USB C input and my new GPU has a USB C output.... will connecting a usb c to usb c cable drive video???

It depends. Is that a Thunderbolt USB-C? Just USB-C? And is that an NVidia USB-C?

Basically, if the monitor is Thunderbolt, it's not going to work. If it's just USB-C *and* is a port that supports video-in (as opposed to purely a charging port) then you can plug-in a USB-C to USB-C cable and it will be seen as a DisplayPort device. Nvidia's Virtualink port will work like this. More info here.

(With USB4, by the way, it merges in Thunderbolt and we won't have this particular problem anymore...too bad it's still quite far away)

Oct 29, 2017
There is DisplayPort connection through USB C and Thunderbolt through USB C. Both carry video and are usually for connecting a laptop to a monitor, but it is either one or the other. While there has been GPUs with display port through USB C (I can at least recall a 1080ti model that had it), if what you have is a Geforce RTX card, then that's probably VirtualLink, not DisplayPort, and I'm not sure that works for a monitor.

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
To me that is too long to wait for a system update, especially if you have the 3770k. AMD memory handling got a lot better with Zen 3 so not too worried, but you are right that who knows how good/flakey DDR5 will be.

Would I be seeing a decent enough increase in performance if I went with a 3600x/3700x for example?

I do have 2400mhz ram and the 3770k is at 4.7Ghz so it's not terribly behind.

There would have to be a substantial difference to warrant a new mobo, ram and CPU.

OP
OP
Crazymoogle

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Would I be seeing a decent enough increase in performance if I went with a 3600x/3700x for example?

I do have 2400mhz ram and the 3770k is at 4.7Ghz so it's not terribly behind.

There would have to be a substantial difference to warrant a new mobo, ram and CPU.

A quick google of benchmark sites suggests the Ryzen 3600 (not the X) is already 43% faster on single core and around 40% faster overall. Numbers are even higher than that depending on where you look. I went from the 4670k to 3600 and it was already a big jump. But as you said, yeah, new RAM, new motherboard.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
It depends. Is that a Thunderbolt USB-C? Just USB-C? And is that an NVidia USB-C?

Basically, if the monitor is Thunderbolt, it's not going to work. If it's just USB-C *and* is a port that supports video-in (as opposed to purely a charging port) then you can plug-in a USB-C to USB-C cable and it will be seen as a DisplayPort device. Nvidia's Virtualink port will work like this. More info here.

(With USB4, by the way, it merges in Thunderbolt and we won't have this particular problem anymore...too bad it's still quite far away)
There is DisplayPort connection through USB C and Thunderbolt through USB C. Both carry video and are usually for connecting a laptop to a monitor, but it is either one or the other. While there has been GPUs with display port through USB C (I can at least recall a 1080ti model that had it), if what you have is a Geforce RTX card, then that's probably VirtualLink, not DisplayPort, and I'm not sure that works for a monitor.
Yes it's an RTX 2070. I have a 2017 LG 29UM59A, and it says it accepts USB C ALT Mode as an input. What sucks about this is that this monitor has this and one HDMI. My HDMI is used by a dock because that's where I plug my work laptop. Wanted to connect the USB C to the RTX to avoid having to switch signal cables. I can use the dock for my devices (just switch between the desktop and my laptop which I have no issues with). Didn't want to constantly have to change the monitor cable though because it defeats the purpose in my eyes. If I could connect the USB C to that monitor input I'd be set.

Oct 29, 2017
Yes it's an RTX 2070. I have a 2017 LG 29UM59A, and it says it accepts USB C ALT Mode as an input. What sucks about this is that this monitor has this and one HDMI. My HDMI is used by a dock because that's where I plug my work laptop. Wanted to connect the USB C to the RTX to avoid having to switch signal cables. I can use the dock for my devices (just switch between the desktop and my laptop which I have no issues with). Didn't want to constantly have to change the monitor cable though because it defeats the purpose in my eyes. If I could connect the USB C to that monitor input I'd be set.
I'm actually quite curious it it works with an RTX card, because that would be one convenient way to drive some of the newer Wacom Display Drawing Tablets using less cables.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually quite curious it it works with an RTX card, because that would be one convenient way to drive some of the newer Wacom Display Drawing Tablets using less cables.
I went ahead and purchased a USB C to USB C cable that supports Alt Mode. I'll keep you all updated. The rest of my stuff gets here on Monday so that's when I am planning on building

OP
OP
Crazymoogle

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
I went ahead and purchased a USB C to USB C cable that supports Alt Mode. I'll keep you all updated. The rest of my stuff gets here on Monday so that's when I am planning on building

USB-C alt mode supports DisplayPort 1.3, so it should work. In fact that's what they tested in the article I mentioned above. And as it turns out, USB-C Virtuallink is itself a USB-C Alt mode. So unless the cable is bad I'm guessing it works.

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if by choice, but the only thing that sticks out to me is that the M.2 SSD is a SATA SSD.

DRAMless and only up to 2,400 MBps reads, so not the best Nvme performance, but Western Digital has this $120 priced model that is NVMe.
But if you want a drive that does go up to 3000MBps reads, Inland Premium 1 TB seems to be the most affordable at the moment.

Dumb question -

I have a GIGABYTE|GA-Z97X-SLI Z97 ATX R motherboard, which is a few years old, and the specs say it supports "1 x M.2 PCIe connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280 SATA & PCIe SSD support) "

Can I stick that Inland Premium 1TB in there no problem?

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
USB-C alt mode supports DisplayPort 1.3, so it should work. In fact that's what they tested in the article I mentioned above. And as it turns out, USB-C Virtuallink is itself a USB-C Alt mode. So unless the cable is bad I'm guessing it works.
Right? The Virtuallink made things a bit confusing as I read it since it's a VR only thing I thought. Hopefully it all works well.

OP
OP
Crazymoogle

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Dumb question -

I have a GIGABYTE|GA-Z97X-SLI Z97 ATX R motherboard, which is a few years old, and the specs say it supports "1 x M.2 PCIe connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280 SATA & PCIe SSD support) "

Socket 3 = this means the device supports PCIe 3.0x4 (4 lanes)

M key = the pin format. As ridiculous as it sounds there are three: M (missing tooth on the left), B (missing tooth on the right) and B+M (two missing teeth) Many drives are B+M but all of the google images I can find suggest the Inland Premium is either M or B+M. So should be okay there.

2242/2260/2280 = the size. Basically, a full size M.2 is 80mm. There are 42/60 size ones out there, though they are slower and mostly for laptops.

From what I understand the Z97X-SLI had a bios update (F7) which added NVMe support. But the slot is apparently not very fast, and if you want full speed you just need to buy a cheap PCIe >NVMe adapter card, plug it into a PCIe x4 slot, and there you go, full speed. They are very cheap - I can get them here for 5-15$.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
The 580 is easily the best of the 3. If you do end up getting the 1650 I would look for the "G6" model (switches to GDDR6 memory).

I think I'm gonna go for the 580, can find them easily for under $170 and it seems like it will last and maybe even work for some 1440p should I upgrade my monitor later this year. Thanks!

Oct 29, 2017
Dumb question -

Size and connection match. So it appears it would be recognized by the board as an PCIe3.0x4 device, but from their documentation I'm getting that the connection for that M.2 port limited to 10Gbs which is 1250MBps.

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
Socket 3 = this means the device supports PCIe 3.0x4 (4 lanes)

M key = the pin format. As ridiculous as it sounds there are three: M (missing tooth on the left), B (missing tooth on the right) and B+M (two missing teeth) Many drives are B+M but all of the google images I can find suggest the Inland Premium is either M or B+M. So should be okay there.

2242/2260/2280 = the size. Basically, a full size M.2 is 80mm. There are 42/60 size ones out there, though they are slower and mostly for laptops.

From what I understand the Z97X-SLI had a bios update (F7) which added NVMe support. But the slot is apparently not very fast, and if you want full speed you just need to buy a cheap PCIe >NVMe adapter card, plug it into a PCIe x4 slot, and there you go, full speed. They are very cheap - I can get them here for 5-15$.

So one of these? https://www.amazon.com/QNINE-Adapter-Express-Controller-Expansion/dp/B075MDH28Y + the Inland Premium, and I'm good?

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Folks i need a bit of advice on a build. I need to price out a media server/streaming pc for my living room. what should i prioritize? obviously storage, but also ram or CPU? (i assume CPU) do i need a lot of ram for 4k video?

I am not going to do a tonne of encoding stuff, just moving files between my husband's computer and mine and easy access to streaming services and videos on our storage device.

We have a 1060 ti and a 970gtx in storage so i am covered on video cards but i'd also like to fit in in a compact case if possible.

MY pc is coming up for an upgrade as well and i have an intel i5 6600 cpu. would something like that be okay for this build?

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Whatever you read I can confirm it, I bought it on a whim by an ERA recommendation after my old monitor broke and I instantly felt in heaven as soon as I enabled 144hz and G-Sync :D I needed half an hour to get used to the curve and I definitely don't regret picking 1080p 144hz over 4k 60hz. And thanks, yeah with all my experience that part I felt was better left to professionals, if I had damaged my 1070 back then I would have been devastated.
I have read good things about the MSI monitor too on Era. I use the LG C9 myself and G sync is pretty awesome. I can relate. A GFX card is not that cheap I would also ask s shop with experience.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Folks i need a bit of advice on a build. I need to price out a media server/streaming pc for my living room. what should i prioritize? obviously storage, but also ram or CPU? (i assume CPU) do i need a lot of ram for 4k video?

I am not going to do a tonne of encoding stuff, just moving files between my husband's computer and mine and easy access to streaming services and videos on our storage device.

We have a 1060 ti and a 970gtx in storage so i am covered on video cards but i'd also like to fit in in a compact case if possible.

MY pc is coming up for an upgrade as well and i have an intel i5 6600 cpu. would something like that be okay for this build?
The i5+1060 will be a lovely media center/NAS machine. You don't need a lot of RAM for it, 8GB is enough.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I have read good things about the MSI monitor too on Era. I use the LG C9 myself and G sync is pretty awesome. I can relate. A GFX card is not that cheap I would also ask s shop with experience.

Yeah, and awesome on the LG C9 too, I would love to have one but I don't really have the space for such a big TV without re-arranging a ton of stuff nor am I willing to spent that much money. I barely use TVs as it is, I do most of my media-consumption and console gaming at my PC-desk anyway and I rarely watch TV so buying a new TV would be a waste of money for me.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Yeah, and awesome on the LG C9 too, I would love to have one but I don't really have the space for such a big TV without re-arranging a ton of stuff nor am I willing to spent that much money. I barely use TVs as it is, I do most of my media-consumption and console gaming at my PC-desk anyway and I rarely watch TV so buying a new TV would be a waste of money for me.
Makes sense. I use a PS4, Switch and connected my PC there. Also using Netflix and Disney+. I understand the price point though.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. I use a PS4, Switch and connected my PC there. Also using Netflix and Disney+. I understand the price point though.

Yeah I have the space and money would be of no concern I would probably use one as my secondary PC monitor but as it stands I use Netflix maybe once or twice a month, anime is mostly 720p-1080p anyway and the one time I watch TV is with the family, either news or German-produced crime-movies, neither which offer 4k or HDR. If they ever make 500€ OLEDs I would bite though :P

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
No OC = More fans are useless. Your system will run at around 30-40C at idle, depending on ambient temp, and reach up to ~75C at max load. (At idle, some fans will probably not even spin.) That's all within fine limits. Adding a fan or two will knock off maybe 5 degrees at most. Just clean the case annually (more if pets involved) of dust to keep the airflow intact. (Use a hairdryer on no-heat setting.)

Budget for monitor? You can also check out these review websites for an idea.

www.rtings.com

Monitor Reviews: Best of 2024

305 Monitor reviews. Start with our picks for the best monitors below. These are the ones we recommend based on our testing and in-depth monitor reviews.

www.tftcentral.co.uk

Reviews of Monitors and Displays from TFTCentral

Expert monitor and display reviews with in depth analysis, testing, results and measurements. In depth, thorough and experienced

But generally, the recommendation is either the Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ or LG 27GL850.
Seems like all the monitors are currently sold out.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Yeah I have the space and money would be of no concern I would probably use one as my secondary PC monitor but as it stands I use Netflix maybe once or twice a month, anime is mostly 720p-1080p anyway and the one time I watch TV is with the family, either news or German-produced crime-movies, neither which offer 4k or HDR. If they ever make 500€ OLEDs I would bite though :P
Quality wise German TV is garbage anyway, also doing the same watching news and rest is using online services. A 500 € OLED sounds very delusional though :P

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Quality wise German TV is garbage anyway, also doing the same watching news and rest is using online services. A 500 € OLED sounds very delusional though :P

I don't disagree with that :P All we really watch is Tatort, Bares für Rares and the news and I know it's delusional but that's how much I'm willing to spend for any given TV in the sizes I want :P

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I only watch the news and that's it lol.
Well at least you know how much you want to spend for a new TV :P

That's fair and yeah, if I ever get a good deal but till then the 350€ 4k LG we picked up last year and my old 2012 Samsung 32" TV do the job just fine. Since international football (soccer) is off the table too for this year I'm in no rush :P

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
I added the monitor I wanted to the new list. Thanks to Vulcano's Assistant here is my latest build.

Originally I mentioend staying around 2k total but that was excluding the display. I have about $600 to spend on the display. I would actually prefer a 24inch monitor with an equally high resolution but I can go 27 with the one I have here since it seems to possibly be the best quality. Although I am very open to alternative suggestions.

So including the monitor my budget is around $2500 but theres wiggleroom. I also need to pick a mouse/keyboard.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nD3XWb

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($294.14 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler ($46.98 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard ($189.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($185.99 @ B&H)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB AORUS Video Card ($773.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GA 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($117.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($106.99 @ Other World Computing)
Monitor: LG 27GL850-B 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor ($499.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $2496.01

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
I built a new PC yesterday and immediately realized that my 1TB NVMe 4.0 ain't enough for all my games. I want to pick up a 2TB sata ssd and was wondering if there was any exteme noticeable difference between a Samsung 860 Evo and something more affordable?