• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Crazymoogle

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
I'm not convinced any X470 board will be flashed to support Ryzen 4000. If you don't care about that chuckddd then there is really no reason not to save and go with the MSI Tomahawk MAX or Mortar MAX based on what is available to you. The 850W PSU is also wildly overpowered for your RTX 2060. Unless you're rolling with a ton of hard drives you would be just fine with a 650W PSU even. It should do fine as a JuJu machine.

OP
OP
Crazymoogle

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia

System Builder

Quick question, would this setup future proof me for the RTX 3000 ?

RTX 3000? It's just a GPU, plugs into any PCIe slot. It will work with any board for the last 10 years, though obviously CPU speed determines how much if will be used. CPU wise, the 3600 will be fine unless you're planning to buy the 3080ti or something. But you're spending big on a 2070 Super already, so you must have quite the budget to replace the video card this year.

I'd say your memory is under-speed, and the X570 PG4 is not a great choice...if you're aiming for Ryzen 4000 I would consider a different X570 board and at least a 3200 speed memory kit.

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RTX 3000? It's just a GPU, plugs into any PCIe slot. It will work with any board for the last 10 years, though obviously CPU speed determines how much if will be used. CPU wise, the 3600 will be fine unless you're planning to buy the 3080ti or something. But you're spending big on a 2070 Super already, so you must have quite the budget to replace the video card this year.

I'd say your memory is under-speed, and the X570 PG4 is not a great choice...if you're aiming for Ryzen 4000 I would consider a different X570 board and at least a 3200 speed memory kit.
Oh the 2070 was just placeholder for the equivalent of the next version. Not planning in building it until August. Thanks for the advice, I'll work on it some more.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
since you are waiting. my 2 cents is wait another 6-12 months to build after the next gen consoles launch.
I'll keep that in mind. I may end up just buying a console this year and waiting until next April to look for parts. May I ask why that is?

Wait another year?
Thats a pretty bad cycle to get into.

Once the RTX 3000s are down, might as well pull the trigger.
Im pretty confident the xx70...likely even xx60 of nextgen will be more than capable of smashing what nextgen machines can produce.

Im guessing yellow wallpaper wants you to wait in case the nextgen consoles performance forces the hand of GPU makers to drop prices.....but I dont see that coming.
Nvidia might not do a massive price hike but they arent going to sell us a xx80Ti for 600 dollars....those days a gone, that ship has long since sailed.
The xx70 should....should give us 2080Ti performance generally and likely better performance in RTX uses.....if that doesnt float us through the generation, ill change my Avatar to "console gaming masterrace".

The rumored 15% IPC gain on Ryzen 4000 isnt worth missing out on a stellar Cyberpunk experience IMO.
I also think the Christmas holiday and H1 2021 will have a decent number of games that I wouldnt want to NOT experience ASAP.....once you get into the wait 6 months cycle....it usually ends up lasting a lot longer than is really worth it.

There is always something better 6 months away.

AldzDrakul

Oct 28, 2017
hmmm.. any recommendations right now for a motherboard at Amazon? Currently looking at upgrading to an i7 9700k but can't decide which motherboard to go for right now..all of them are either delivering late May or do not have the stock for the recommended ones on the first page.

Any recommendations? I'm coming from someone that had a i7 5820k cpu

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
hmmm.. any recommendations right now for a motherboard at Amazon? Currently looking at upgrading to an i7 9700k but can't decide which motherboard to go for right now..all of them are either delivering late May or do not have the stock for the recommended ones on the first page.

Any recommendations? I'm coming from someone that had a i7 5820k cpu

9700K?
Now?

Any particular reason you want to stick with Intel especially getting the gimp'd i7 at the end....literally the end of its socket support?

But on topic
Taichi all the way!
But as a backup pretty much any of the Aorus boards but more specifically the Pro.

OP
OP
Crazymoogle

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Wow. MSI MAG TOMAHAWK X570 is coming, and buildzoid slightly prefers it to even the TUF X570. MSRP $210 USD

I guess they finally got over their VRM problems.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not convinced any X470 board will be flashed to support Ryzen 4000. If you don't care about that chuckddd then there is really no reason not to save and go with the MSI Tomahawk MAX or Mortar MAX based on what is available to you. The 850W PSU is also wildly overpowered for your RTX 2060. Unless you're rolling with a ton of hard drives you would be just fine with a 650W PSU even. It should do fine as a JuJu machine.
I did look for the Tomahawk MAX (and a couple of other B450s), but it's oos at the major retailers and overpriced on 3rd party. Hence, the x470. The MSI X470 Gaming Plus board is $120. I'll peep some reviews for that guy.

OP
OP
Crazymoogle

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
I did look for the Tomahawk MAX (and a couple of other B450s), but it's oos at the major retailers and overpriced on 3rd party. Hence, the x470. The MSI X470 Gaming Plus board is $120. I'll peep some reviews for that guy.

Ah, okay, I just saw on pcpartpicker that it was in-stock for BestBuy online, but dunno how shipping is for you guys in the US right now.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Just a guess, but as I recall, I think the advice here is usually to remove the radiator and hold it so that the tubes are straight, to eliminate air gaps. If you do that for a minute or two it could help, at which point you then just reinstall the radiator into the case. (It's not a heat issue if you just boot into BIOS).

I'm guessing bubbles, since the air collects at the top of the radiator the pump could be sucking air bubbles thru the tubes.

Or it could be that the pump is noisy at full speed. I had a pump that I was powered by a SATA cable and I couldn't control the speed. One day it started to make noise that was only fixed after I got a cable that reduced the voltage it was getting.

Thanks guys. I sent the videos and description of the problem to the people that made the PC and was helpfully told, "Without knowing where the sound is coming from I can't suggest anything" which is definitely comforting and makes me feel really great about spending £2,000 on this thing.

I'm going to wait for the sound to repeat and then remove the radiator and hold it so the tubes are straight and see if that changes things. This is especially frustrating because I only just replaced the previous air cooler for bubble-popping-related issues that would not vanish, and now I'm getting intermittent clicking.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
I'm poking at builds here, starting from the AMD Enthusiast Build on PC Part Picker. Already making a few swaps (jump to 3700x; maybe as high as the 3900x for home data science work). Coupla random questions:
  • What are the most important considerations if I'm looking for a quiet PC? Tired of my laptop sounding like a jet engine whenever I try to play something.
  • If I'm not planning on overclocking, are AMD's stock coolers enough (for a 3700X?) I realize this may be directly tied in to the first question.
  • There's a slightly bewildering array of RAM speed options available nowadays. PC Part Picker's more basic builds are aiming for DDR4-3200. Is it worth springing for faster RAM?
  • Are there any other things in that build that you'd swap out? I'm jumping to a much bigger SSD and cutting the HDD. Slightly nervous about some of the reviews the mobo is getting.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
So if you had to choose a from one of these, which one would be the best for gaming and media? (is it ok to post so many pictures?)
VA Panel
civTNdH.png

TN Panel
z4HL81W.png

IPS Panel
B6vAnzK.png

IPS Panel
7lLbMiA.png

im kinda leaning towards the BenQ since i already bought a 1080p version and was quite happy with the build quality / panel.

OP
OP
Crazymoogle

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
I'm poking at builds here, starting from the AMD Enthusiast Build on PC Part Picker. Already making a few swaps (jump to 3700x; maybe as high as the 3900x for home data science work). Coupla random questions:
  • What are the most important considerations if I'm looking for a quiet PC? Tired of my laptop sounding like a jet engine whenever I try to play something.
  • If I'm not planning on overclocking, are AMD's stock coolers enough (for a 3700X?) I realize this may be directly tied in to the first question.
  • There's a slightly bewildering array of RAM speed options available nowadays. PC Part Picker's more basic builds are aiming for DDR4-3200. Is it worth springing for faster RAM?
  • Are there any other things in that build that you'd swap out? I'm jumping to a much bigger SSD and cutting the HDD. Slightly nervous about some of the reviews the mobo is getting.

Sound depends on a few things.
  • Base Noise Level: If you're in a quiet basement suite or something, your base noise level is going to be low and sounds will be more noticeable. Whereas if you live in a warm environment where there is a ceiling fan or aircon, you'll hardly notice.

• Under the Desk: This should almost go without saying, but sound is going to be a heck of a lot more noticeable on the desk.

• Cooler Used: I would highly recommend a BeQuiet Dark Rock series cooler. They are extremely quiet and cool better than stock. Some prefer Noctua's coolers; either way, they are clearly more quiet than stock and will stay quieter (spin less) under load. You could even go AIO, but if you do, I'd at least recommend something with a 280mm fan array. Bigger fans = spin less to push more air = less noise in general. Cases like the Fractal Meshify C allow two front 140mm and even two top fans if you desire; that's a bit overkill but at least having some airflow is good.

• Overall Airflow: Some people swear by "quiet cases" that try to muffle and trap sound. But my experience basically mirrors Gamer's Nexus: you want airflow. Lots of it. A mesh case (front ventilation) with 140mm fans will ensure a constant airflow that keeps your case cool, ensuring that the CPU Cooler and GPU fans don't have to work quite as hard, and thus things are more quiet overall. Maybe if I was in a dead silent room I would try a quiet case, but in my relatively hot environment mesh is easily the quietest build I've had.

• Lack of Noise producing parts: For example, going all SSD...
As for your build:
  • For RAM, you want a minimum of 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3200 memory. You might want 32 if you are doing extremely data heavy work but it's not critical unless you have a particularly greedy application in mind. DDR4-3600 is "ideal" but more expensive, and CL16 (the first timing) is also ideal but...also usually more expensive. DDR4-3200 CL16-18 is the AMD expected speed.

• I would drop the Phantom Gaming 4 X570. If you want to get a better CPU in the future, aim for a Gigabyte X570 or ASUS TUF X570. If you want to make due with that expensive 3900X I would aim for the cheaper MSI TOMAHAWK MAX B450. I own the TUF but the TOMAHAWK MAX is the defacto best B450 chipset board out there. Even on the 3700X my advice is the same.

• Stock Cooler is "enough", but you're prioritizing sound. So I'd much rather have a Dark Rock 4. Or a Noctua. The Pro 4 is awesome but perhaps overkill if you're not going to overclock.

• The Meshify C comes with two 120mm "locked" speed case fans. I would recommend twin 140mm for the front, assuming you are buying a CPU Heatsink and not an AIO. If you're cost conscious you could try without it, first, but it's just as easy to move the 120mm to the back and add 2x140mm on the front.

• If you're going all SSD, at least get a 1TB NVMe model...The WD Blue SN550 is not bad for 120.
So if you had to choose a from one of these, which one would be the best for gaming and media? (is it ok to post so many pictures?)
im kinda leaning towards the BenQ since i already bought a 1080p version and was quite happy with the build quality / panel.

RTINGS has a direct comparison of the two IPS panels. LG is the home of IPS so it's not surprising it rates higher, although if you want USB-C the BenQ is a better choice. As you can guess...I would take an IPS panel. I've lived through the VA experience and I much prefer IPS, though I must admit if you haven't owned a curved panel before the VAs can look pretty cool.

PhantomFFR

Oct 25, 2017
Vienna, Austria, EU, Earth

Personally I aim not just for a quiet PC but a silent PC (at least when not stressing it), but I'm in rather silent surroundings, so I do tend to notice almost any sound from the PC and am in fact bothered by it.

As you might imagine, having fewer moving parts means less noise. HDDs and (fast) spinning fans (and I'd assume pumps in case of water cooling, but I've no experience in that field) are to be avoided.

Big air coolers with large slow spinning fans are the way to go; all SSD without any mechanical HDDs; fans on GPUs and PSUs, that only spin once certain temperature thresholds are reached.
Using fan curves on all fans to only start spinning once the temperature of the component reaches 60°C is also something I would consider. In fact as I'm writing this, my i9-9900K in my Meshify C with a Thermalright Macho Rev. B CPU-cooler is sitting at around 38°C while the fan on the cpu cooler is inactive and the case fans are spinning at around 450 RPM.

From your build I'd swap the PSU and GPU to something with (semi)-passive fans. I'd be wary of X570 mainboars as almost all of them have a small fan on them (though I remember reading somewhere that on some mainboards they might only be running when actually needed). And as you did I too would definitely drop the HDD and get a bigger SSD.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
From your build I'd swap the PSU and GPU to something with (semi)-passive fans. I'd be wary of X570 mainboars as almost all of them have a small fan on them (though I remember reading somewhere that on some mainboards they might only be running when actually needed).
Any recommendations on the PSU and GPU front there (ideally, that are still in stock on Newegg or Amazon?). The 2080 Super seems like a good bet generally. I saw one 2080 Super board that only had a single fan on it, which looked kind of dangerous to me.

For storage, I'm planning on going with the WD Blue 2TB M2 drive. I also have two 1TB SATA SSDs kicking around that I'll throw in for extra storage.

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
After what seems like years of wanting to build a PC, I finally ordered all the parts. I'm sure there are better parts I could have went with but I'm excited nonetheless to build my first rig. Even better that I'll be doing it with my son.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/K46MrV

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor ($199.79 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($223.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($85.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC 3X Video Card ($556.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($127.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1404.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-20 14:39 EDT-0400

Nikokuno

Unshakable Resolve
Jul 22, 2019
After what seems like years of wanting to build a PC, I finally ordered all the parts. I'm sure there are better parts I could have went with but I'm excited nonetheless to build my first rig. Even better that I'll be doing it with my son.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/K46MrV

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor ($199.79 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($223.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($85.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC 3X Video Card ($556.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($127.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1404.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-20 14:39 EDT-0400
Why did you choose Intel over AMD?

PhantomFFR

Oct 25, 2017
Vienna, Austria, EU, Earth
Any recommendations on the PSU and GPU front there (ideally, that are still in stock on Newegg or Amazon?). The 2080 Super seems like a good bet generally. I saw one 2080 Super board that only had a single fan on it, which looked kind of dangerous to me.

Here is a list of 2080Supers with semi-passive fan modes, and here is one for PSUs.

Genereally speaking, and a bit contrary to what I said before, for a GPU you probably want look for one with many (large) fans and a 0db-mode. Thus you have many slower spinning fans for when they are needed, that don't spin up until they are needed, thus silence in idle and comparatively low noise in use.

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
Why did you choose Intel over AMD?
Probably because most of the people I know IRL recommended it. I quickly noticed PC has a bit of fanboy-ism with the whole Intel v AMD thing. It's my first build and I understand I'll get a better understanding of it all once I start using it and gaming on it. I would have never built it had I continued reading threads like or watching YT videos etc. I just had to dive in and learn for myself.

Nikokuno

Unshakable Resolve
Jul 22, 2019
Probably because most of the people I know IRL recommended it. I quickly noticed PC has a bit of fanboy-ism with the whole Intel v AMD thing. It's my first build and I understand I'll get a better understanding of it all once I start using it and gaming on it. I would have never built it had I continued reading threads like or watching YT videos etc. I just had to dive in and learn for myself.
Alright. Enjoy your rig once you get it done.

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The rumored 15% IPC gain on Ryzen 4000 isnt worth missing out on a stellar Cyberpunk experience IMO.
I also think the Christmas holiday and H1 2021 will have a decent number of games that I wouldnt want to NOT experience ASAP.....once you get into the wait 6 months cycle....it usually ends up lasting a lot longer than is really worth it.
Yeah this is where my head is at currently as well. I just want a good baseline experience, high settings maybe once in awhile. I'm just going to jump in now for Cyberpunk and readjust as I go. To be truthful 2070 S is probably fine for me right now but for the price I may as well wait a few months.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I just bought a PC and I can't seem to find any pen drive to install Windows on it...

Does anybody know if I can follow the same steps but with a external hard drive?

Edit: I'm finding instructions online. But is this safe and okay?

Last edited:
May 15, 2019
Looking to purchase a used Alienware 1440p Ultrawide monitor. Current build is as follows:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard: ,MSI B450 Tomahawk
Ram: 16 GB DDR4 2666 Mhz
GPU: RX 480 8 GB

Got an offer for a used RTX 2080 for $500. Can I hold using my current build for 1440p gaming with a RTX 2080 instead (I will be playing at custom medium - high 99% of time, not ultra)? I'll be upgrading the CPU late in the year/early next year.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought a PC and I can't seem to find any pen drive to install Windows on it...

Does anybody know if I can follow the same steps but with a external hard drive?

Edit: I'm finding instructions online. But is this safe and okay?
like with the windows media creation tool? the tool will wipe any data already on the USB storage device, but other than that I don't see why an external drive wouldn't work. I used it the other day to create a USB stick installer and my external drive did show up in the list of options. I guess if you have an unused one lying around somewhere...

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm guessing the 'rona is responsible for the supply issues, but so many components are oos. Thinking I'm going to delay my upgrade.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
What's the best way to check my 2070 Super temp? I just finished a two or so hour session of RAGE 2, maxed out, at 1440p, and my PC felt piping hot at the back and I'm worried I'm throttling the card here.

I have an ASUS GeForce(R) RTX 2070 Super 8GB.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
What's the best way to check my 2070 Super temp? I just finished a two or so hour session of RAGE 2, maxed out, at 1440p, and my PC felt piping hot at the back and I'm worried I'm throttling the card here.

I have an ASUS GeForce(R) RTX 2070 Super 8GB.

These chips are pretty much impossible to overheat these days.
They will throttle to save themselves so dont worry about temps.

Off topic, whats the plan if the GPU is thermally throttling as it should?

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I've been out of the loop for a while. My laptop died and I was gonna replace it but then I got the itch of building a new desktop. I haven't built one since 2010 and man was that old build nice. Still, I think I could replace my XPS laptop (cost me 2K) with a new desktop and get some real power from it. It will mostly be used for programming to be honest with gaming every once in a while. I don't want to spend too much on the GPU as I know new consoles are coming out soon and I think whatever I spend now may be outpaced soon. Still, I want CPU power and processing speed. All the speed in the goddamn world I can get.

I've picked this so far:

System Builder

I won't be OCing the CPU honestly. Cost is about 2100k without taxes at the moment. Any suggestions? I've been out of the loop for a while so anything is really appreciated!

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
I've been out of the loop for a while. My laptop died and I was gonna replace it but then I got the itch of building a new desktop. I haven't built one since 2010 and man was that old build nice. Still, I think I could replace my XPS laptop (cost me 2K) with a new desktop and get some real power from it. It will mostly be used for programming to be honest with gaming every once in a while. I don't want to spend too much on the GPU as I know new consoles are coming out soon and I think whatever I spend now may be outpaced soon. Still, I want CPU power and processing speed. All the speed in the goddamn world I can get.

I've picked this so far:

System Builder

I won't be OCing the CPU honestly. Cost is about 2100k without taxes at the moment. Any suggestions? I've been out of the loop for a while so anything is really appreciated!

If you don't OC why pick a mainboard that is clearly meant for OC builds?

Just pick the x570 tuf gaming and save 200 bucks.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Good point. Changed it. Still trying to find the best deal between value and performance I want. Thanks!

Also i would recommend either a beefy 280mm or 360mm AIO for the 3900X. Cases with a glassfront tend to have pretty bad thermals so getting a good cooling solution is important

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly extremely impressed with this little Dell G5 5090 prebuilt. After discount it was $980 with a 9700 and 2070 super. It's actually outclassing my like 5x bigger custom rig with almost 2x as much dough in it. 8700k, 5700xt. The Dell being so small and so cheap just surprising it pretty easily walks it with a non OC CPU, a blower GPU, slower ram, smaller PSU, and a cheap board instead of a z370 running 5.0ghz 8700k with an AIO, 5700 xt pulse, 1000w PSU (I used to run SLI), faster ram, and a massively bigger case with better airflow.

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
Apologies if this is the wrong thread, but for anyone who's using a Ryzen 3700x with the stock cooler, do you get temperature spikes like this?

unknown.png

This is basically with Discord running, not much else. The temperature spikes obviously aren't dangerous, and under load I get a little over 60c, which is also fine. However, the temperature spiking that rapidly, that repeatedly seems a little off, and it makes the fan spin up pretty noticeably.

Hullotou

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone have any recommendations for PC audio advice forums or sources?

I'm using an Asus Xonar STX with Audioengine 2+ and S8 sub, however the A2+ amp has just died so these speakers are dead.

The S8 is less than a year old, so I just need to replace the speakers. However I thought that whilst I was at it, it might be time to look at the sound card too.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Apologies if this is the wrong thread, but for anyone who's using a Ryzen 3700x with the stock cooler, do you get temperature spikes like this?

unknown.png

This is basically with Discord running, not much else. The temperature spikes obviously aren't dangerous, and under load I get a little over 60c, which is also fine. However, the temperature spiking that rapidly, that repeatedly seems a little off, and it makes the fan spin up pretty noticeably.

Tis normal.
Especially when monitoring the temperatures.
Try use nothing but HWInfo to view you temps and see how erratic they are being idle.

Its one of the reasons people sometimes move from the prism, it will follow the graph and ramp up and down with it, which makes it easily audible.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Ah okay, thank God for that! I was genuinely panicking over how hot it was heh.

Yeah GPUs today are almost impossible to overheat you would need to manually stop the fans and keep pushing them to reach any issues...youll like BSOD well before it kills itself.

At stock clocks and even factory overclocks....leave the card alone, itll do its job just fine.
If you are thermally limited because of case design or whatever it just wont boost to speeds it cant maintain at target temperatures.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
"The AMD Ryzen 3 3100 and AMD Ryzen 3 3300X are expected to be available from leading retailers and etailers worldwide beginning May 2020. AMD B550 motherboards are expected to be available beginning June 16, 2020 from ODM partners including ASRock, ASUS, Biostar, Colorful, GIGABYTE, and MSI at leading retailers and etailers."

PCIe4 for the masses.

videocardz.com

AMD announces Ryzen 3 3300X/3100 and B550 chipset - VideoCardz.com

AMD Expands 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Desktop Processor Family, Unleashing Powerful “Zen 2” Core For The Mainstream – New AMD Ryzen™ 3 3100 & 3300X unlock new levels of performance, delivering twice the multitasking capabilities over previous generations1 with four cores and eight threads – – AMD B550...

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
"The AMD Ryzen 3 3100 and AMD Ryzen 3 3300X are expected to be available from leading retailers and etailers worldwide beginning May 2020. AMD B550 motherboards are expected to be available beginning June 16, 2020 from ODM partners including ASRock, ASUS, Biostar, Colorful, GIGABYTE, and MSI at leading retailers and etailers."

PCIe4 for the masses.

videocardz.com

AMD announces Ryzen 3 3300X/3100 and B550 chipset - VideoCardz.com

AMD Expands 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Desktop Processor Family, Unleashing Powerful “Zen 2” Core For The Mainstream – New AMD Ryzen™ 3 3100 & 3300X unlock new levels of performance, delivering twice the multitasking capabilities over previous generations1 with four cores and eight threads – – AMD B550...
Guess I should hold out from building a new one?

Jan 21, 2019
I don't know if this is the right place to ask. But I am looking for a external backup HDD. Reliability is the absolute priority followed by decent speed. I am looking for around 5TB and my budget is up to 130€. I live in Germany if that matters somehow.

Thanks in advance.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a Ryzen 3 end up dying on them? I just got a 3600 with a new mobo and ram on Friday, and during the night I guess it just died, no post and the cpu debug light on. Luckily Newegg's rma process is very easy, but what a bummer. I also ordered another mobo just in case, but I hope the replacement cpu does the trick.