• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I have an Intel motherboard Z390 to be exact. When I did the benchmark for my PC it read it was like 2667mhz and I'm wondering why?
Not sure how it works with the Intel socket mobos, unfortunately, aside from the fact that enabling your XMP profile in your BIOS should be all you have to do, provided your RAM kit is in your mobo's QVL.

If your RAM kit is not in your mobo's QVL however, that could be why it's not running properly. Google your mobo's make and model along with the term QVL and you should be able to pull up the list.

May 15, 2019
5700 XT has your name on it.
If you want to stay with AMD then the 5600 XT gets you high frame rate 1080p and entry level 1440p under $300.

But like someone else suggested, you'll need a 5700 XT if you want 1440p with high frame rates. But it'lll cost 100+ dollars extra.

Do you think 5700 XT will be able to do 1440p high FPS for when next-gen titles launch? Didn't know if I should aim for a bit higher performance (although I will say the 5700 XT does have some pretty good value to it).

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Long story short, parents need a new PC. They're currently using a circa-2011 Acer desktop that's slowly giving up the ghost. I don't have full specs for comparison but I'll drop then in here later if I can dig up their model number via Teamviewer.

All they use it for is web browsing, e-mail, word processing, and extraordinarily light photo editing. I had initially planned on going with a small form factor PC, so I put together something rather basic:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($94.98 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 250 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Case: In Win BP655.FH300TB3 Mini ITX Tower Case w/300 W Power Supply ($70.00 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($99.99 @ B&H)
Keyboard: Logitech Wireless Combo MK270 Wireless Standard Keyboard With Optical Mouse ($22.99 @ Best Buy)
Speakers: Logitech Z200 0 nW 2.0 Channel Speakers ($24.99 @ Adorama)
Total: $542.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-23 15:59 EST-0500

But then I figured I might put together something a bit more budget.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G 3.5 GHz Dual-Core Processor ($54.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($33.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Rosewill SCM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($26.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Logitech Wireless Combo MK270 Wireless Standard Keyboard With Optical Mouse ($21.99 @ Dell)
Total: $392.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-23 18:41 EST-0500

The question is...is this TOO budget? I can technically even skim off the KB&M and speakers since I can use their existing set, though their speakers are very scratchy when you adjust the volume and their KB has almost ten years of use on it.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
If I wanted more storage - is this my only real option at NVME https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-970-...r_1_3?keywords=nvme+ssd&qid=1579816695&sr=8-3

Just seems very expensive for 1 TB. Are SATA SSDs "good enough" and are they compatible with NVME drives? My 1 TB NVME drive is about ready to be filled up and I'm eying (eyeing?) alternatives
Plenty of other brands for NVME in the 3000Mbps+ range.

I'm using two of these currently. They're a little more expensive today though.

Anandtech review: https://www.anandtech.com/show/1395...a80-ssd-review-phison-e12-with-newer-firmware

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
ayy, 2060 KO cards are actually 2080 with disabled parts and still have much better compute performance than vanilla 2060s. Game performance is same.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
I've been thinking about getting the 5600 XT but I see that AMD cards still consume way more power than Nvidia cards when it comes to multi monitor set ups. This has always kind of scared me since I have a 2 monitor set up.

But to be honest I don't know what that means in the real world. Am I going to pay $5 a month or 20 for having my PC on like 6-7 hours a day? I honestly have no idea.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Do you think 5700 XT will be able to do 1440p high FPS for when next-gen titles launch? Didn't know if I should aim for a bit higher performance (although I will say the 5700 XT does have some pretty good value to it).

Get a reliable model with good cooling, pair it with a recent CPU, rin games off an SSD, and keep the rest of your build free of bloat, and you're gonna have a good time with early next gen games at 1440/60. Remember though we still don't have concrete specs for any of the consoles yet.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I've been thinking about getting the 5600 XT but I see that AMD cards still consume way more power than Nvidia cards when it comes to multi monitor set ups. This has always kind of scared me since I have a 2 monitor set up.

But to be honest I don't know what that means in the real world. Am I going to pay $5 a month or 20 for having my PC on like 6-7 hours a day? I honestly have no idea.

unless you're running your PC at full load for something like mining, the power draw difference is negligible. Here is an electricity cost calculator.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
im in the same boat. wondering if its a bit silly to want to upgrade right now with next gen consoles right around the corner. seems to be a substantial upgrade over my 1070 at 1440p.

Cutebrute

Nov 8, 2017
Arkansas
Quick question: Do you guys think a i7 4770k/4790k would be enough to handle HL: Alyx when it comes out? Currently rocking a i5 4690k and am thinking of possibly upgrading since the recommended CPUs for Alyx are the i5 7600 and R5 1600, and I'd kinda prefer to just replace my current CPU and keep my current setup going for a couple more years instead of going all in and buying a new CPU, MB and RAM.

I'm not an expert, but I don't see why it couldn't handle HL: Alyx. In fact, I'm confident enough in that I will be using a 4770k at roughly stock clocks for that game. If you're interested, Gamers Nexus just benchmarked the 4790k and 4690k again and the 4790K still holds up decently well, especially if you can get a nice overclock on the chip.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017

at console settings, probably. Assuming consoles target some sub 4K resolution. Forget about maxing things. Consoles will have similar but more feature rich GPUs with VRS, ray tracing etc. So you probably can't match the console settings because 5700xt doesn't support them. It is not going to happen like right away but maybe when the real nextgen games come out in like a year after launch you probably have problems. It is really hard to tell, who knows what a nextgen game actually ends up like and maybe those features end up irrelevant or optional.

These navi cards are in a strange spot. They are good value right now but they just lack every modern and forward looking feature that we know will define future games. I don't think they will be relevant for very long, unlike polaris or gcn cards were unfortunately.

If the 5900 or 5950 or whatever are real, I hope they actually have these features unlike RDNA1.0, otherwise it is a hard sell at this time. Who wants to buy a expensive GPU that doesn't have any modern feature in 2020?

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Haha saw that this morning in the GN video. Hilarious that EVGA learn about it from them.
That's bullshit. The engineers definitely knew about or otherwise how would the TU104 magically fit in the place of the TU106? Some modification to the PCB needed to be done for it to happen. Or they probably re-purposed an RTX 2070 PCB. It's the marketing team that probably didn't know.

Oct 29, 2017
That's bullshit. The engineers definitely knew about or otherwise how would the TU104 magically fit in the place of the TU106? Some modification to the PCB needed to be done for it to happen. Or they probably re-purposed an RTX 2070 PCB. It's the marketing team that probably didn't know.
Oh yeah they knew that TU104 chips where going into the cards, of course; what they didn't suspect is that those KO models would be any better at blender, etc. Which came as a surprise, since they didn't even have any tests at hand to validate. Nvidia expected it, but EVGA wasn't aware, according to GN.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Long story short, parents need a new PC. They're currently using a circa-2011 Acer desktop that's slowly giving up the ghost. I don't have full specs for comparison but I'll drop then in here later if I can dig up their model number via Teamviewer.

All they use it for is web browsing, e-mail, word processing, and extraordinarily light photo editing. I had initially planned on going with a small form factor PC, so I put together something rather basic:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($94.98 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 250 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Case: In Win BP655.FH300TB3 Mini ITX Tower Case w/300 W Power Supply ($70.00 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Logitech Wireless Combo MK270 Wireless Standard Keyboard With Optical Mouse ($22.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $542.92
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-23 15:59 EST-0500

But then I figured I might put together something a bit more budget.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G 3.5 GHz Dual-Core Processor ($54.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($33.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Rosewill SCM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($26.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Logitech Wireless Combo MK270 Wireless Standard Keyboard With Optical Mouse ($21.99 @ Dell)
Total: $392.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-23 18:41 EST-0500

The question is...is this TOO budget? I can technically even skim off the KB&M and speakers since I can use their existing set, though their speakers are very scratchy when you adjust the volume and their KB has almost ten years of use on it.

For their use case, wondering if getting them a chromebook might be a better option? If they don't need a Windows PC for something specific.

Got myself a EVGA GeForce RTX 2070, looking forward to seeing how Ray tracing is, plus will decently keep me future proof. So far 1440p gaming will be where I'll be staying at till 4K screen can do high frame rate and at prices that I can buy at without really needing to save.

Deleted member 35478

User-requested account closure
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
First off, I'd like to thank everyone that answered all my questions regarding this build. Made things go a lot smoother, and helped me piece together a decent PC. Secondly, I can't believe there's still issues with mobo oem's software, like Asus Aura Sync and RGB in general. I haven't built a new pc in 6-7 years, and figured by now things would have improved, I was wrong lol. Anyways, here's the build.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Superclocked
RAM: 16gb DDR4 3600mhz Corsair Vengeance
MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus
HD1:500gb Samsung Evo 970 nvme
HD2: 2tb Samsung Evo 860 SSD
Case: Phanteks P400A Digital
PSU: Corsair RM650x
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-UH12A CPU cooler

BYw8urgh.jpg

rd1eM9ah.jpg

k2lMJRzh.jpg

Temps seemed ok playing PUBG, cpu hit 42 C gpu hit 76 C. Not sure how GamerNexus gets 50 C gpu temps during the torture test, I'll have to mess with fan speeds, everything was running factory settings and no fans were running over 1000 rpm.

So the issue with Aura sync is that for some reason it's not recognizing my motherboard, it's greyed out in the software. So I can't manually address the RGB on the mobo, but it works all sync'd with my fans. The next issue I had was my mobo rgb's would stay on when the pc was turned off or in sleep mode. I fixed that by enabling erp s5 in bios and now the rgb's turn off when the pc is shutdown, but still doesn't turn off in sleep mode. I also tried settings in bios specifically for the lighting, setting to turn off Aura when shut down, also didnt work, this is all on latest bios I flashed. I usually keep my pc's in sleep mode, but with the nvme boot up time is minimal so it doesn't matter much.

And finally I'm having issues with my Rift. I'm using the same exact gpu, same 2 camera sensors, and same extension cables I used on my old VR pc. The extension cables are giving me issues where the Oculus software isn't recognizing the headset via HDMI or USB. I plugged it in directly and the software found the headset. On my old VR pc I was using a USB 3.0 pci card, so maybe that was helping things. And finally, when I open the Oculus app it makes my monitor flicker to black, but only one monitor. I have that monitor hooked up with a DP to HDMI cable, my other monitor is hooked up DP adapter to HDMI, so I ordered another DP adapter / HDMI cable to swap out the DP to HDMI cable. Maybe the GPU isn't liking that cable. I thought for sure the Rift setup was going to betrivial since it worked flawlessly on my 7 year old pc for years, but I discovered plenty of quirks lol.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
First off, I'd like to thank everyone that answered all my questions regarding this build. Made things go a lot smoother, and helped me piece together a decent PC. Secondly, I can't believe there's still issues with mobo oem's software, like Asus Aura Sync and RGB in general. I haven't built a new pc in 6-7 years, and figured by now things would have improved, I was wrong lol. Anyways, here's the build.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Superclocked
RAM: 16gb DDR4 3600mhz Corsair Vengeance
MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus
HD1:500gb Samsung Evo 970 nvme
HD2: 2tb Samsung Evo 860 SSD
Case: Phanteks P400A Digital
PSU: Corsair RM650x
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-UH12A CPU cooler

BYw8urgh.jpg

rd1eM9ah.jpg

k2lMJRzh.jpg

Temps seemed ok playing PUBG, cpu hit 42 C gpu hit 76 C. Not sure how GamerNexus gets 50 C gpu temps during the torture test, I'll have to mess with fan speeds, everything was running factory settings and no fans were running over 1000 rpm.

So the issue with Aura sync is that for some reason it's not recognizing my motherboard, it's greyed out in the software. So I can't manually address the RGB on the mobo, but it works all sync'd with my fans. The next issue I had was my mobo rgb's would stay on when the pc was turned off or in sleep mode. I fixed that by enabling erp s5 in bios and now the rgb's turn off when the pc is shutdown, but still doesn't turn off in sleep mode. I also tried settings in bios specifically for the lighting, setting to turn off Aura when shut down, also didnt work, this is all on latest bios I flashed. I usually keep my pc's in sleep mode, but with the nvme boot up time is minimal so it doesn't matter much.

And finally I'm having issues with my Rift. I'm using the same exact gpu, same 2 camera sensors, and same extension cables I used on my old VR pc. The extension cables are giving me issues where the Oculus software isn't recognizing the headset via HDMI or USB. I plugged it in directly and the software found the headset. On my old VR pc I was using a USB 3.0 pci card, so maybe that was helping things. And finally, when I open the Oculus app it makes my monitor flicker to black, but only one monitor. I have that monitor hooked up with a DP to HDMI cable, my other monitor is hooked up DP adapter to HDMI, so I ordered another DP adapter / HDMI cable to swap out the DP to HDMI cable. Maybe the GPU isn't liking that cable. I thought for sure the Rift setup was going to betrivial since it worked flawlessly on my 7 year old pc for years, but I discovered plenty of quirks lol.
Very clean!

Oct 25, 2017
How much wattage would a PSU need for a Ryzen 3600, RTX 2060 KO, B450 mITX MB, 2x 8GB 3200 Mhz RAM, Samsung Evo 970 Plus 500GB? (and maybe 1 or 2 additional Sata SSDs down the line)
I think 400W Gold should be enough, or would you rather go for 500W?

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. One more question, the chart I was looking at was from Tech Power Up. Are those numbers supposed to represent a per hour basis for power consumption?

I've looked but don't see it specified anywhere.

Sorry to say but I'm not really sure.

Generally I think you take the watts x local hydro rate (kWh) x daily usage by hour. And that should equal the daily cost.

How much wattage would a PSU need for a Ryzen 3600, RTX 2060 KO, B450 mITX MB, 2x 8GB 3200 Mhz RAM, Samsung Evo 970 Plus 500GB? (and maybe 1 or 2 additional Sata SSDs down the line)

The cost difference is nothing between the two so you may as well get the higher wattage one and then you don't have to run it a full load all the time.

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I would at least go 500W-550W. I think buying PSU to last 10 years whatever comes is a good strategy, even if it is very unlikely you get a "3080" or AMD equivalent.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was going to do a HEDT ITX build... but they don't seem to make HEDT ITX Motherboards anymore. I guess no one does extreme enthusiast ITX builds.

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
As long as I have y'alls attention, is 650 watts OK for a single card setup with a 2070 Super / theoretical 3070 (obviously we don't know the power draw on that one) or is it worth it to pay the $15 to go to 750 and just not worry about it? I want to upgrade to a fully modular PSU so I can use the current PSU on my kid's computer.

Mozendo

Oct 25, 2017
Pacific North West
As long as I have y'alls attention, is 650 watts OK for a single card setup with a 2070 Super / theoretical 3070 (obviously we don't know the power draw on that one) or is it worth it to pay the $15 to go to 750 and just not worry about it? I want to upgrade to a fully modular PSU so I can use the current PSU on my kid's computer.
Yes, 550w is already more than enough for single card setups.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

650 would be entirely fine but I got a 750 in my latest build anyways, too. At $15 more it's kinda in "eh, why not" territory for me.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Played some FO76 and Path of Exile on a 2080 today. It's a huge difference from my 970. Fuck.

I need to upgrade my PC, but the new GPUs coming have me wary to spend $$$. I want to go pretty high end, so should I hold off until the new stuff drops?

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of PSUs, have you heard about this new ATX12VO standard from Intel? Basic idea is to make the PSU supply 12V only (hence the name) to the motherboard, and have the motherboard derive 5v and 3.3v as needed. Similar things have been done by some system builders, but now the question is if this concept make the jump to the consumer components side also.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I would at least go 500W-550W. I think buying PSU to last 10 years whatever comes is a good strategy, even if it is very unlikely you get a "3080" or AMD equivalent.

Back in 2011 I bought a Corsair 750 watt fully modular PSU for over $130. It was completely unnecessary for my needs. But I did it as a overreaction because my no name 500 watt PSU blew up on me while I was playing WH40K: DOW lol.

And I'm so glad I did because 9 years later it's still going strong and I have no reason to believe that it won't last many more years. It has been the only thing that has stayed with me besides my case through 3 different builds since then.

Oct 29, 2017
That's what I was thinking as well, but I checked to see if maybe someone had engineered a layout that would work. I don't think it's profitable enough for them to invest the time and money into coming up with design that works.
It would be a niche market for sure, but I can see it existing. Editors on the go, people wanting the power of that many cores, but not interested in taking advantage of the many available PCIe lanes for extra components. Just a small box to carry around to dump, convert, files just recorded, do a quick edit.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would be a niche market for sure, but I can see it existing. Editors on the go, people wanting the power of that many cores, but not interested in taking advantage of the many available PCIe lanes for extra components. Just a small box to carry around to dump, convert, files just recorded, do a quick edit.

Yes I just wanted a portable system with enough resources to support a couple of visualized servers and workstations. I'd also use it for rendering video and of course play games. But that doesn't look like it will be a thing.

ABeezy1388

Apr 5, 2018
In no shape or form am I a pc building expert. Also in no way shape or form do I need a PC. I have a MacBook Pro laptop, iPad Pro, PS4 Pro, and Xbox One X. I also have a gaming pc that I built in 2016 that is decent...

HOWEVER I fell down a rabbit hole. I wanted to build a mini itx console form factor pc for emulation as a retro console so to speak. Which then got me on the path of wanting to just go all out and build a high end console size gaming pc. Thing is I dont need one at all and am not a primary pc gamer. But I'm a tech nerd and I don't know I just want one Lol. I'm trying to talk myself out of it but struggling.

Anyways, curious what people thought of this?

Here's some of the specs:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4
Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200MHz
Graphics card: GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
Power supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000W
Storage drive: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD

just shy of $2,000 on pc part picker. Thoughts?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
what do you all recommend I sell my GTX 1070 card for?
Check ebay/gumtree/craigslist etc... for the prices it is selling for in your country, then pick where you want to sell it. That's all I do.

I try to avoid ebay to actually sell this kind of tech though as buyer protections can fuck you over, I just use them to gauge the second hand values.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
Anyone in the US with a MicroCenter near by, this looks like a great deal (if you don't want to deal with building the system yourself):

www.microcenter.com

PowerSpec G706 Gaming PC; AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6GHz Processor; NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super 8GB GDDR6; 16GB DDR4-3200 RAM; 1TB SSD; - Micro Center

Get it now! The PowerSpec G706 desktop computer is a powerful gaming machine featuring the AMD Ryzen 7 3700X unlocked processor, an ASRock X570 Pro 4 system board powered by a 750W PSU, 16GB DDR4 3200 RAM, a 1TB SSD, and a RTX 2070 Super 8GB discrete video card to provide an incredible...

Outside of the case, all of the parts look quality. I run the Zotac Gaming RTX 2070 Super and have no problems with it.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
In no shape or form am I a pc building expert. Also in no way shape or form do I need a PC. I have a MacBook Pro laptop, iPad Pro, PS4 Pro, and Xbox One X. I also have a gaming pc that I built in 2016 that is decent...

HOWEVER I fell down a rabbit hole. I wanted to build a mini itx console form factor pc for emulation as a retro console so to speak. Which then got me on the path of wanting to just go all out and build a high end console size gaming pc. Thing is I dont need one at all and am not a primary pc gamer. But I'm a tech nerd and I don't know I just want one Lol. I'm trying to talk myself out of it but struggling.

The PSU seems like overkill.

Mozendo

Oct 25, 2017
Pacific North West
Where do you live? If living in the states this is a better build.
This is just a quick build some maybe someone can optimize the build better.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($324.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4 CPU Cooler ($45.06 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard ($219.00 @ B&H)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($87.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 2.048 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($229.95 @ B&H)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB XC2 ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($643.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Lian Li TU150 Mini ITX Desktop Case ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GM 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply ($98.68 @ Amazon)
Total: $1859.63
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-24 23:26 EST-0500

ABeezy1388

Apr 5, 2018
The PSU seems like overkill.

thought the same thing... but being a novice pc builder I went with what they showed in the video. Could certainly lower it Though and save cash

Where do you live? If living in the states this is a better build.
This is just a quick build some maybe someone can optimize the build better.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($324.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4 CPU Cooler ($45.06 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard ($219.00 @ B&H)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($87.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 2.048 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($229.95 @ B&H)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB XC2 ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($643.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Lian Li TU150 Mini ITX Desktop Case ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GM 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply ($98.68 @ Amazon)
Total: $1859.63
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-24 23:26 EST-0500

in in Michigan/USA. The case I posted im extremely attracted too, as it resembles a console. More so over the lian li. not big into the cube style. However I can sub in the other components you suggest If it's the better way to go.

Last edited:

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

Lol. I feel your pain. I added RGB fans to my all-black build, just because. Anyways, some suggestions:
-PSU is way too much. Aim for 650W-750W Gold (which is probably what your GPU vendor will recommend)
-You can get much less expensive M2 NVME options, like Silicon Power, Adata Pro, XPG Gammix, Crucial, Sabrent, the list goes on.
-RTX 2070 Super is really close to 2080 and ALOT less pricey
-No need for a 3600X. Go with the 3600, or step up to the 3700X if you do other stuff with your PC (e.g., editing)
-Mobo you can get a B450 Tomahawk Max or B450 Gaming Pro Carbon, these should be Ryzen 3000 ready by now.

Then the first game you have to play is MGSV at 1440p 60FPS. It makes you wonder why you stuck with consoles so long :)

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Go for a cheaper motherboard, cheaper PSU, upgrade 3600 to 3700 and maybe buy a $50 aftermarket cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.