• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

Her work in the later Panzer Dragoon games and the original projects she's done are all fantastic. There may be some question in regards to the visual design of the remake, but you know it'll sound amazing at the very least.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah the wording in the tweet is a bit odd (the composer) but the video gets more specific.
For some odd reason I read the tweet as your post and made that comment, only to actually read your post. But yeah the tweet is a bit confusing until you actually watch the video.

Saga is like a Top 10 OST for me so I am thrilled.
It's my number one soundtrack of all time and I have listened to a lot of video game soundtracks.

Aquiel

Feb 8, 2020
www.youtube.com

Panzer Dragoon - 03 Flight

This piece, one of my favorite in the Panzer Dragoon series, can be heard during the first level of the game. It's a masterpiece that goes hand in hand with...

Did not like the new Remix in the video. This song is easily Top 10 All Time Songs in Video Game Music for me. Maybe I will stick with the original.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Her Arrangement Album for PD Saga is on music streaming services btw., if anyone's interested.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Okay, now show the game--it looked pretty bad the last time they showed it off and I can only hope it's improved since.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Lesser known game but the OST she composed for Shadowgate 64 is also excellent.
So fans of Saori Kobayashi's music check it out:

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
The original PD had such amazing music. I will never forget the first time I flew out over that mind-blowingly realistic water to the epic tunes of Flight (video posted above). Legit one of my favorite video game memories. The game and music absolutely blew me away back then. All the PD games had good music. Can't wait to hear this.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
I'm optimistic for this game. From their posts on Steam discussions and Twitter it sounds like the devs are listening to fan feedback. Hope we get a PC release of Orta one day, regret selling my Xbox copy.

TGR Onix

Nov 3, 2017
www.youtube.com

Panzer Dragoon - 03 Flight

This piece, one of my favorite in the Panzer Dragoon series, can be heard during the first level of the game. It's a masterpiece that goes hand in hand with...

Did not like the new Remix in the video. This song is easily Top 10 All Time Songs in Video Game Music for me. Maybe I will stick with the original.

Or you can just listen to this original track for the first level, then switch to the arranged for the others. I'm sure some songs will sound better than others, but I'm with you that the original orchestral composition of Flight can't be topped.

RPTGB

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Any excuse to post one of my favourite orchestral pieces of music, video game or otherwise....

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
PD music is some of the most beautiful music in gaming. As a kid I was rapt listening to Zwei's soundtrack on my Saturn.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Amazing news! I was really hoping they got her on board for the remake. Can't wait to hear her takes on both this OST and Zwei's (assuming she's doing that too...probably a safe assumption).

That remix of Flight sounds incredible as well. So excited for this.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
Eh, I'm sorry, but that did not sound good at all compared to the original "Flight." At least we can change it back to the original.

Now only if we could do the same thing with the graphics and sound effects...

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Ooh, nice. Love her work on Orta. Haven't heard her Saga stuff since I don't have the game and will probably never be able to get it. I'll check it out on Youtube, though.

Original arrangements being available is great, too.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see this is still kicking. 'Flight' is a perfect song so being able to return to the original OST is appreciated but Orta and especially Saga have masterful OSTs.

Fukuzatsu

Oct 25, 2017
This is perhaps a dumb question, but is Sega really not publishing this remake?

There's a trend of this I've noticed, and it's weird considering most of the examples have been fairly well received. There's this, Streets of Rage 4, Toe Jam and Earl 4, Shenmue 3, and the new Monster Boy/Wonder Boy games, it just seems like money on the table.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer

There's a trend of this I've noticed, and it's weird considering most of the examples have been fairly well received. There's this, Streets of Rage 4, Toe Jam and Earl 4, Shenmue 3, and the new Monster Boy/Wonder Boy games, it just seems like money on the table.
The have assisted with the project in several other ways (providing lore/art assets/etc to the dev team), but it appears they are indeed not acting as publisher.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
All I know is I've heard Flight posted in a thread before and I fell in love
Looking forward to it

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017

Sega doesn't own Wonder Boy/Monster World or TJ&E outright--for TJ&E they own the old games themselves but not the IP, and with WB/MW they own certain territorial trademarks but not the games. They actually distributed Monster Boy in the US, I believe.

I agree that it's weird but if Sega can't or won't spend the money to make these games then it's nice they're at least willing to let other people foot the bill and do it themselves, even if I don't necessarily agree with their choice of partners for every game.

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017

Sega actually has a licensing program that anyone can apply to:

https://sega-license.com/en/inquiry/

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As if I needed any more reason to buy it immediately when it becomes available.