• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's such a weird error too. Instead of 1-19, it's 2-20...maybe we'll get a prequel episode at some point?
nahhh
i think they probably intended to put "This Season on the Owl House" as episode 1, as they did it for Hulu's release of the show.

unknown.png

Evidentially they decided to remove that, but didn't change the episode listings. I don't think we're randomly getting a prequel episode.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching the season finale, I'm a fan of the idea that the door is being built to summon Bill Cipher.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
hello i started watching this because its on disney plus now

its very cute :) eda and augustus 🥺 are my favorite characters

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
I can post my own, but I haven't read other TOH fics in general. Fic is called Missing Hints.

Offprint

I'll give it a look later, and let me compliment you on your bravery to put yourself out there, I only mustered up the courage to post two out of the many ideas I've had.

Depends on what you're after. Have a couple where Amity is in the human realm with Luz, ones where everyone is just human, some with Haunted Mansion references thrown in, etc.

Anything you want to recommend sounds cool, but that first one especially sounds fun, I'm a big fan of that format where you get to have a character have interactions with technology/magic they've never interacted with before.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Anything you want to recommend sounds cool, but that first one especially sounds fun, I'm a big fan of that format where you get to have a character have interactions with technology/magic they've never interacted with before.

Locked Out has 11 chapters so far...
Locked Out - Chapter 1 - EleenaDume - The Owl House (Cartoon) [Archive of Our Own]
Was started before the end of the first season, so Lilith is still in good graces with the EC, etc.

And here's a nice 16 chapter story that already has a sequel being worked on...
Welcome to the Haunted Mansion - Chapter 1 - SilverWolfPen - The Owl House (Cartoon) [Archive of Our Own]
Haunted Mansion stuff isn't too overwhelming.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Dana has been answering questions on her tumblr.

Some interesting info about what led her to pitch the show.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that was pretty quick, thought she'd keep em up a little longer (she mentioned deleting them "soon" 'cause she wants her blog focused on art).

She was pretty open about stuff like limits Disney puts on scripts and some sexual harassment in the workplace (before Owl House).

I think one interesting thing she talked about was the really popular beta designs for the kids when they were older and darker she scrapped like a week in because she felt like it didn't balance well with the adults (who are a bit dark and dry) and needed some more levity and youthful naivety I assume.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Idk what to watch next! I've gone through Steven Universe, Kipo, glitch techs, Gravity Falls, this, and Star VS. Now I'm making my way through Summer Camp Island. Anyone have some other recommendations?

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
Idk what to watch next! I've gone through Steven Universe, Kipo, glitch techs, Gravity Falls, this, and Star VS. Now I'm making my way through Summer Camp Island. Anyone have some other recommendations?
Been watching Craig of the creek and infinity train recently. As someone who has seen all of the above except glitch techs, I highly recommend both!

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'd say there's a pretty big overlap in fandoms between that and TOH

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Little Witch Academia to go in a slightly different yet more similar direction of Owl House :P

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Please watch Infinity Train on HBO Max if you haven't already. I -really- want more seasons.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
When is this coming to Blu Ray?
If you are extremely lucky, maybe in 2-3 years after the series is complete.
Odds are very high the answer is never sadly.
Disney shows that get home video releases are rare.
Star vs the forces of evil doesn't have any that I know of, nor does ducktales. Phineas and Ferb has a few but they are episode collections and not seasons :/

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only Disney series that I know of that has made it to Blu-Ray is Gravity Falls and that was basically an experiment so given that we haven't seen other series released on Blu-Ray since, probably means the experiment failed.
The funny thing is, the only reason I assumed this show was getting a Blu Ray is because I saw on Amazon that Gravity Falls had a complete set being sold. :(

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Our family just finished this series (season?) up and really enjoyed it.

I gotta say, this studio can *really* turn up the production values when it wants to, that fight between Eda\Lilly was an absolute *treat*.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm curious if this is gonna take place directly after season one or if there is gonna be some kind of timeskip, small or large.