• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
This game feels like it came out at the perfect time between major WRPG releases from AAA publishers. I'm guessing it's gonna have pretty good legs, at least till Cyberpunk 2077 comes out.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Guys are we really doing this ? Are we really doing this again? Focusing on negative reviews and comments and dismissing them over dozens of positive ones?

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
That's a strong block especially if nobody has any real dislike for the game or another game they really want to push. Dan for example seems to have no game he truly loves this year. Vinny has outer wilds but I don't think that will get enough support.

Dan has been over the moon for Doraemon of late. I can see him championing it during GOTY.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
This game sounds so freaking amazing, congrats to Obsidian! My wife is taking a weekend trip with friends on Friday, so my gaming plans are fully set with Outer Worlds on my Xbox One X and Game Pass with no spouse "concern" about me wasting my time playing video games :)

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
Lol it's not that serious, can we not do this childish shit every review thread?

I'm not taking it seriously, and I'm not making a big thing about it. I usually don't hang out in review threads because they always seem so masturbatory. But I don't know why anyone would trust Greg's take on a game when he's literally for sale.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
The hottest take, it's "too close" to Fallout apparently.
EHfoEE3UwAE7Mjz
A lot of PC outlets–and PC gamers—are still bitter about literally everything Bethesda did to the Fallout universe.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
I'm not taking it seriously, and I'm not making a big thing about it. I usually don't hang out in review threads because they always seem so masturbatory. But I don't know why anyone would trust Greg's take on a game when he's literally for sale.
He's not literally for sale. Like what does that even have to do with his take on the game. The only people who here who care are going to be the people who quote that tweet and get angry about it.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

This does not seem like a rational observation on an individual you do not seem to know very well.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017

Why are you doubling down on character-assassinating someone with an opinion you don't agree with?

The game is getting overwhelmingly positive reviews. What do you gain from sniping at the few outliers?

Era Review threads continue to be as exhausting as they are entertaining.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why are you doubling down on character-assassinating someone with an opinion you don't agree with?

The game is getting overwhelmingly positive reviews. What do you gain from sniping at the few outliers?

Era Review threads continue to be as exhausting as they are entertaining.
Review threads arent as bad as recent ''high calliber directors criticising MCU movies'' threads.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. Would you say then that if he wrote a review of Borderlands 3, it would be impartial?

You care about this too much. This one single individual on the planet. Let it go.

And quite frankly, how dare you derail this review thread. This is the first review thread where I feel I can finally geek out about a game I actually look forward to because Obsidian, and you've come here to ruin it. This was suppose to be my perfect day.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Wow! It's doing very well. I plan on using my GP trial to play it. Then I'll buy it in time for the PS5/Scarlett.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Dualshockers 9.5/10 gets me excited!

"While saying something like "The Outer Worlds is out of this world" may be low-hanging fruit for a writer, it isn't a false statement. This game rewards player choice and experimentation on a level I have not seen since The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and it manages to do so in both gameplay and story. With the best writing of any game thus far in 2019, any fan of RPGs needs to play The Outer Worlds."

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You care about this too much. This one single individual on the planet. Let it go.

And quite frankly, how dare you derail this review thread. This is the first review thread where I feel I can finally geek out about a game I actually look forward to because Obsidian, and you've come here to ruin it. This was suppose to be my perfect day.
You arent allowed to be happy

Oct 28, 2017

What in the fuck are you talking about? You're the one going on about your perfect day being ruined by a couple of people talking about integrity, yet I'm the one that cares about it too much?

I'm extatic the game has reviewed amazingly, too.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
No surprises here! Game reviewed really well. Nice to know for sure, so I can grab the game later down the line.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
People act like Fallout New Vegas was only brilliant story and characters from Obsidian and all of the technical issues were Bethesda and their horrible, terrible, no good very bad engine. If you don't get "Bethesda" vibes from the feel and tone of the trailer from a technical standpoint I don't know what to tell you

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
What in the fuck are you talking about? You're the one going on about your perfect day being ruined by a couple of people talking about integrity, yet I'm the one that cares about it too much?

I'm extatic the game has reviewed amazingly, too.
Integrity lol, what are you even talking about? Greg not a professional reviewer anymore he's not writing reviews. Shits not that serious.