• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
We haven't had a good WRPG in a minute so this is welcome news

Yeah, this game fills the WRPG niche for the year. I genuinely think this has been one of the best years for RPGs in a long while, as like a dozen different RPG sub-genres got good, major releases this year.

Also, 85 isn't "average" for an RPG. Just madness to actually say that's. 85 is "average" for the top decile or two of RPGs, not average in genuine.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it would get 87 and I was so close.

Higher than New Vegas too!

Obviously day one thanks to Game Pass.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I feel bad for all the people who cancelled the preorders, seems like the game is actually okay

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DualShockers (9.5/10):
While saying something like "The Outer Worlds is out of this world" may be low-hanging fruit for a writer, it isn't a false statement. This game rewards player choice and experimentation on a level I have not seen since The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and it manages to do so in both gameplay and story. With the best writing of any game thus far in 2019, any fan of RPGs needs to play The Outer Worlds. And no, The Board totally isn't making me write th-

Erimriv

Oct 30, 2017
Preloaded on Gamepass, time to change the location to New Zeland. A New Vegas on alien worlds... Can't Wait.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I have absolutely zero interest in this game but the more games with great reviews the better because one day I'll be bored trying to decide what to play and it's always nice to have options. Glad to see it panned out.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
The only Bethesda RPG I've liked is the one that wasn't made by them: Fallout New Vegas so I'm pretty excited about this game.

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
This was a day one purchase for me, but glad to see it reviewing really well! So excited for Friday.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
gonna have to hold out on getting this for a few months but I'm delighted to see how good it's reviewing. Good for Obsidian!

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
Yes to the good scores! I was looking for a good action rpg so this is perfect! Now I need to hear about the performance on the Pro and consider this bought.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Glad this getting good reviews looking forward to playing it thanks to game pass.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
So the most negative review thus far is the Eurogamer one? That's odd to see, haha, although even then it's not that negative

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
This reviewed better than I thought it would. Can't wait to play it in a few days.

LocoRoco

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
GamingTrend (65/100):

For better or worse, The Outer Worlds is a perfectly middle-of-the-road open-world RPG. It doesn't take any big risks, but that also keeps it from falling on its face. Despite some great writing, the game doesn't have much to say about the corporate dystopia it establishes, ultimately playing it too safe to justify the premise. Obsidian's expertise with the genre makes The Outer Worlds a competent RPG, if not an especially interesting
one.
Ugh, think i ll pass this one

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Great reviews, better than I was expecting. Was already looking forward to it - but now? :)

Also Game Pass is incredible! My first must have title probably.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thus far it's reviewing ever so slightly higher than I imagined, which is fantastic given I have Game Pass so can give this a try without having invested much at all. Looking forward to playing it even more now.